onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Scunthorpe U v Port Vale

Fosse69

I didn't follow the match and was surprised we scored twice, but not surprised we lost - I was expecting it against a side who are going to be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. I think it bodes well for the future and if we can string a few results together we can climb the table.

Advert

I honestly thought we would get hammered at this one. Listened on radio and to be fair we were still in it at the end against a team unbeaten at home for ever, and by the way top of the league. Lots of positives for me.

I think everyone at Scunny will be the first to admit that they go home tonight knowing they were in a game today. A few weeks ago it would have been an absolute stroll in the park for them, no doubt.

Well it's bloody Scunthorpe not Real Madrid we're playing. To lose having been 1-0 up and 2-1 up is indefensible and the players need to have a good look at themselves.

You need to get a grip nobody has a devine right to get results. Scunthorpe are not top for nothing.

Or a chairman that makes the right decisions in the summer and other times? I think time will show we have a good manager, we know we have several good players, can always do with one or two more though, Danny Rowqe would have been nice but not signing him is nothing to do with MB or the current players.

C'mon Bea, Norman has made plenty of mistakes and the Bruno saga was plain madness but not signing Danny Rowe is nothing to do with the chairman. There's no way we can compete with the likes of Ipswich when it comes to signing players.

Yes! Just like most vale fans frustrated to the back teeth with this!

considering the players Brown was left with , hes done an amazing job so far . Even if a new manager came in he still has the same squad and would need time to get the players playing his way .

the players back and support brown and are playing hell of a lot better . Although we lost today we still gave it a go against a side that are top of the league

Results will come eventually . Keep the faith

We need an old head at the back. The fella we had on load from Wolves last season would be perfect, someone of that ilk and experience. We have to remember that both Smith and Streete are still young and years away from their peaks, and have an awful lot of learning to do still. I think we can all agree that Purkiss struggles in League One as to be expected for someone who is 32 years old and has seen better days, so Brown should certainly prioritise the defence in regards to strengthening.

The mistakes aren't down to smith or streete

You need to get a grip nobody has a devine right to get results. Scunthorpe are not top for nothing.

Sorry for being frustrated - again - that we have somehow managed to get sweet FA from a game we were winning twice in. But I guess as we're "little" old Port Vale, playing against "mighty" Scunthorpe I should have expected it. It's ever likely the club is in the state it is.

Sorry for being frustrated - again - that we have somehow managed to get sweet FA from a game we were winning twice in. But I guess as we're "little" old Port Vale, playing against "mighty" Scunthorpe I should have expected it. It's ever likely the club is in the state it is.

The signs are we are moving forwards again after a joke of a six months under a real joker of a manager.

It just shows the fine margins in football. A soft peno gets them back in to it at 1-1, not sure who gave it away. A terrible error gets them back in at at 2-2. No one tracked the left back for the 3rd

I thought we gave it a good go today, players were absolutely shattered at the end, grant was out on his feet in particular, I thought he played well. Walker drifted right out of it and looked tired, I thought he should have gone off. The long balls up to him were killing us as the centre half won near everything.

We shaded the first half and they upped the tempo for the second, but we were always in this game I felt.

Well 1 up and playing well and losing yet again says it all really ,the defence obviously r shocking ,thats another 3 points thrown away .

Scunthorpe well done to them but positives for Vale they r having a go but while we r as soft as at the back we will continue to ship goals .

Grant how did he play whos the leader 1-0 and 2-1 up c the game out with doing the basics .

Be interesting c whos fault it is ,ok they top of ghe league but they r f-'k all like most teams in league one .

Could easily have been described as 2nd v 3rd by those that didn't know their respective league position's.Scunthorpe were lucky to get the win in.my view and this bodes well for Vale's inevitable rise up the table.

Archived