onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Scunthorpe U v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

I'm just pointing out that since the final whistle there's more negativity on here, twitter, Facebook and praise and grumble. I respect opinions but people are just so ready for a moan no matter what.

We win and play terrible and people moan.

We lose and play well and people moan.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk[/quote

Promised top 6 by December. Or plan b. Neither playing out too well and bottom 4 looming. It's understandable some fans are concerned. Some less so. Doesn't mean fans have to skate each other.

Seen highlights, good goals from us.

Penalty is never a pen and ball is going out so very frustrating!

Second goal was really really poor all round.

Purkiss heads it to their lad and Jak is off his line and too easily beaten with that.

Third was a decent move from them similar to our second.

A very enjoyable game and the ratings on the side of this webpage are faily staggering. All players bar the fullbacks gave at least a 6/10 today, most of them more.

We were on the front foot from the 1st minute and were on top for 80/90% of the game. We've gifted them 2 goals on a plate and its frsutrating to come away with nothing.

First half De Freitas showed what a class player he can be and ran the show. He tired in the second half but it seems we have a least one foreign talent to thank Bruno for. Hooper was dangerous throughout and took his goal excellently. Thomas was probably the most consistent player, a constant threat all game. Walker did well to score but didn't contribute much more, albeit in an isolated role.

The fullbacks let us down today. Purkiss hasn't looked the same since he came back into the fold and served them their second goal on a silver platter. The third goal came from his side and their left winger had far too much time to put in on their forward's plate. Grant had a rare good game today, perhaps showcasing his talents to potential suitors.

Lots of optimism coming out of today. We should have had an easy 3 points, if not for individual errors and a poor refereeing display. We looked dangerous going forward and they were clinging on for dear life at the end, only really threatening on the break. Really surprised they are where they are, an physical and effective side devoid of quality bar the little lad who kept driving at us.

Give Brown the job, reinvest the Alnwick money on an RB, CB, and winger, and we'll be fine this year.

Always thought De Freitas would turn out to be a good player for us as he's the classiest of Bruno's signings by a distance. He has the same tenacity and determination as Amoros but more quality on the ball. We're only a couple of decent signings away from being a good side in this league under the right manager.

Asking anyone who went the game, would it have mattered who was in goal? Alnwick has had to display his skills because we were always under pressure. A more balanced team would take that off whoever replaces him/

I went and we most certainly weren't "always under pressure". We played some really neat stuff. Smith going off was a blow and I felt Hooper did enough to play the whole game.

We deserved a point.

Good open Game,

Pleased we had a go, pleased we didnt give up, pleased there wasnt much if anything between the teams- pleased at the performance if not the result.

Cant say anyone of ours had a stinker- couldnt see if a pen or not but the move defo started from a shove in the back on tyler i think who was on the edge of their box they broke away and got a penalty which looked harsh.

Possibly could have had a few more shots on edge of their box, we seem to tire but no one threw the towel in, possibly could have taken of tyler(who looked knackered) instead of JJ unless he was injured, hope smith injury aint too bad

Please we had to something to cheer and get off our seat for,they looked for the ball over the top or behind our defence, the ref was poor any nudges he gave agaisnt vale yet they got away with much more- give Brown the job to end of season .

Summary pleased not dis-heartened play like that and we should be ok for the rest of season.

ps when was the last time we scored 2 away from home especially against a team flying high

Just seen the penalty. I don't like criticising referees, but that is a shocking decision. There's not even a hint of a foul, and the ref's 10 yards away. Appalling. Scunny weren't at the races at all until then.

Atmosphere was shocking for a home team going top of the table as well. However, very friendly staff and a good old-fashioned lower league ground feel to the place. I'd rather see them go up than Sheff or Bolton.

thought we were great today and deserved at least a point if not for a shocking decision from the referee who basically handed them the match. Never a penalty, came at the worst possible time. De Freitas was class, grant also very good, first I've seen of walker and was impressed, in and out of the games but gets in the right position. Purkiss certainly the week link in that team. 0 points but feel much more positive about things, play like that and we will beat weaker sides away from home.

A hugely entertaining game and the best we have played for ages. Even perhaps pre-Page.

Lots of positives and particular praise to Thomas who was simply outstanding.

Disappointing second goal and a bent ref for the first.

I realise that the loss of Alnwick will be huge but its the first time in a while that I can see a future.

I was cautious about Brown but he has to be given a contract and a bit of ££ in the summer.

TBH Scunny were a bit lame and fat apart from Holmes but good luck to them. I'd have them a top rather than Sheff U or Bolton any day of the week.

The day was made even more special by the lack of Vale ********* too. They don't seem to travel more than 99.9 miles from VP.

I went and we most certainly weren't "always under pressure". We played some really neat stuff. Smith going off was a blow and I felt Hooper did enough to play the whole game.

We deserved a point.

Thanks, assuming Alnwick goes, we are not likely to get such a good stopper who has kept the score down in the past, but with our new formation etc and a decent all-round goalie we should be OK.

Archived