onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Scunthorpe U v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

A hugely entertaining game and the best we have played for ages. Even perhaps pre-Page.

Lots of positives and particular praise to Thomas who was simply outstanding.

Disappointing second goal and a bent ref for the first.

I realise that the loss of Alnwick will be huge but its the first time in a while that I can see a future.

I was cautious about Brown but he has to be given a contract and a bit of ££ in the summer.

TBH Scunny were a bit lame and fat apart from Holmes but good luck to them. I'd have them a top rather than Sheff U or Bolton any day of the week.

The day was made even more special by the lack of Vale ********* too. They don't seem to travel more than 99.9 miles from VP.

Well if you prefer to watch your football sat amongst 200 silent statues rather than have a noisy backing for the team then yes, I suppose today was a good experience.

Hopefully Brown will get Purkiss playing well again. A good manager gets the most out of his players and improves them individually and collectively as a team.

If he can keep us up over the next three months he will have done a good job. He (Brown) reminds me of Goober. He could be class for us. Get behind him and his boys next Saturday.

Brown has us playing better and more organised we are now competitive which considering the relatively short time he's been in charge is down to his signings, training and tactics.I think he'll keep us up this season,we wont be playing many better sides that Scunthorpe and although some supporters have us written off already I think he's doing a good job,UP THE VALE.

Well if you prefer to watch your football sat amongst 200 silent statues rather than have a noisy backing for the team then yes, I suppose today was a good experience.

Atmosphere in the away end was probably the most enjoyable its been this year. Some new and clever chants for Alnwick, Walker, and Thomas. For a small following we made some real noise after we scored.

Did you go? Very disparaging and frankly disgusting to label the people who travelled 2 hours there and back as 'silent statues' when we got behind our team in a noisy, good way. No aggression or trouble.

I look forward to seeing you and your 'noisy backing' getting hauled away by police at Walsall away, 7 pints deep, and screaming about pashun and 'getting behind the boys' as you rush the home fans screaming obscenities #valeultras

Not sure what people have posted on here but I have to say that was as well as I have seen us play this season. We were more than a match for what is the best team in the division and with a bit more luck, better referring, we would have got something out of the game. I also think that if Nathan Smith had not gone off injured, we would have come away with something, Knopps is not good enough at the centre.

I know we have only picked up a point in these last 2 games but the performance levels are ten times better than under Bruno and I have actually enjoyed the matches and now looking forward to going again instead of it being a chore. If we can play like today for the remainder of the season, we will have no problems.

I went and we most certainly weren't "always under pressure". We played some really neat stuff. Smith going off was a blow and I felt Hooper did enough to play the whole game.

We deserved a point.

Completely agree Smithie, we also went and once smithie (hehe) went off we panicked more at the back. Played some good stuff and had shots at goal as well. If a dodgy penalty hadnt been given plus some other really dodgy decisions gone against us i think a point would of been a fair result. Also a mention for Granty played well today got stuck in and covered every blade of grass.

Much more positives than negatives today lads....

We were in control of the game until the penalty that never was, that gave them a lift, were it not for that idiotic decision by the ref I feel confident we would have won the game. Thomas my man of the match, with Grant not far behind. All in all, the best away performance this season by a country mile.

Hopefully Brown will get Purkiss playing well again. A good manager gets the most out of his players and improves them individually and collectively as a team.

If he can keep us up over the next three months he will have done a good job. He (Brown) reminds me of Goober. He could be class for us. Get behind him and his boys next Saturday.

If he can keep us up in the next three months, he will have done more than a good job. Even the great Rudgie couldn't keep us up in similar circumstances in his first season and Brown is literally having to build a new team more than halfway through the season. Pleasant surprise though when I looked up the last six games as we're now 6th from bottom compared to fourth last time I looked before the weekend. Here it is:

http://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/form/matches:6/type:home-and-away

If we can spin together a couple of wins, it will start looking a whole lot better. UTV!

Atmosphere in the away end was probably the most enjoyable its been this year. Some new and clever chants for Alnwick, Walker, and Thomas. For a small following we made some real noise after we scored.

Did you go? Very disparaging and frankly disgusting to label the people who travelled 2 hours there and back as 'silent statues' when we got behind our team in a noisy, good way. No aggression or trouble.

I look forward to seeing you and your 'noisy backing' getting hauled away by police at Walsall away, 7 pints deep, and screaming about pashun and 'getting behind the boys' as you rush the home fans screaming obscenities #valeultras

I think you completely mis-read Smithy's post.

I was very encouraged by the team today. I thought they gave it a good go against a team who went top with the victory. In truth it was a very even game until their second equaliser after which we seemed to tire a bit. I thought the lack of fitness to last 90 minutes by a few of our lads cost us at least a point. I thought Grant was our best player today by a country mile. I am sure we will be losing him bore Tuesday's deadline if anyone was watching him. I really did think that both our full backs were found wanting and Purkiss especially needs replacing.

I sat with the Scunthorpe fans and they were really moaning when the board went up showing six minutes extra time as they were worried about us scoring again. It is a long time since opposition fans couldn't wait for the final whistle when playing the Vale.

Every one knows that our chairman doesn't have anyone in the wings to become our manager so why doesn't he not just come out and tell Brown that the job is his and let him get on with strengthening the team before Tuesday.

Read it again. I didn't.

He's saying todays away support was made up of '200 silent statues', contesting the point the other poster made about the lack of idiots at the game today.

He was asking the other poster if he would have preferred 200 silent statues.

Interesting reading this thread. The immediate posts after the final whistle, which appear to be from folk who weren't at the match, are all moaning. The later posts from people who were there are full of praise for the team.

That was the best away performance of the season and were it not for a bent ref giving that highly dubious pen we might well have won. We suffered at the hands of Referee England last season when he gave Rochdale a scandalous penalty after Dickinson had made an excellent challenge winning the ball.

We play at a far greater tempo than we ever did under Barmy Bruno. We get men forward quickly to support our attacks and we put pressure on the opposition when they have the ball. If we can cut out some of the daft individual errors (Mr Purkiss) then we'll be fine.

Archived