onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Alex Jones

Robbie Earle's Perm

Financial sacrifice? How? He was on loan...
Travel and accommodation costs, alternative offers, who knows? There is always the chance that Zola will use him and decide to return him if no other offers are agreed. Not that the Vale should think that way.

Advert

I'm not sure but did we pay a fee for Hooper?

Plus I'm failing to recall the last time we had 3 promising youngsters like we do with Alnwick, Streete and Smith.

Plus if Grant does leave which he will we will get hopefully a good fee for him.

Sent from my HTC 0PGQ1 using Tapatalk

Yes, there are some real positives in this mess.

We also have several young players with potential and almost ready.

We lack established league one players.

As has been said many times, especially offensive ones.

Yes, there are some real positives in this mess.

We also have several young players with potential and almost ready.

We lack established league one players.

As has been said many times, especially offensive ones.

I'm not sure SFBT that bringing in rude players will help matters. We need 11 players on the pitch throughout the game.

I think you will find that as a rule the club who own the player expect the club to whom he is being loaned to pay a % of his wages.

But he still gets paid his full salary.

He wasn't being played by Birmingham so you would think he'd have been making more money too with bonuses added on.

Is it too much for the club to make an official statement to clarify what has / is going on. Did we make an offer to buy or extend his loan, were we offering a decent wage. The club don't have to tell the fans anything but a little PR may appease the situation.

But he still gets paid his full salary.

He wasn't being played by Birmingham so you would think he'd have been making more money too with bonuses added on.

You would think so wouldn't you assuming that the loaning club is able and willing to pay the agreed contribution towards the players salary.A player could,for arguments sake,agree to a pay cut in the hope of first team football.

Is it too much for the club to make an official statement to clarify what has / is going on. Did we make an offer to buy or extend his loan, were we offering a decent wage. The club don't have to tell the fans anything but a little PR may appease the situation.

I doubt they'd go into that much detail. All they need to say is they couldn't come to an agreement with Birmingham.

You would think so wouldn't you assuming that the loaning club is able and willing to pay the agreed contribution towards the players salary.A player could,for arguments sake,agree to a pay cut in the hope of first team football.

I don't think that contractually he can be given a pay cut as hes on a deal with Birminhgam at however much it is per week, they have to honour that. How much we paid Birmingham out of that salary is between the clubs but Birmingham have to pay him the set amount.

I know the lad and can assure you that he was violently sick before the Chesterfield game but agreed with Brownie to give it a go. He was sick for 2 days but definitely wanted to play yesterday. He made a big financial sacrifice to join the Vale and has loved every minute of his time with the Valiants. He wanted to stay but let's just say that the club might have tried a bit harder to hold on to him by making Birmingham an offer to buy him or extending his loan until the end of the season. As far as I know he has no agreement to join anyone at the moment but this is football and anything can, and frequently does, happen!

If this is correct then someone at Vale should hang their head in shame. If we have allowed Alex Jones to slip away back to Birmingham with no other clubs lined up to take him on a full time transfer for a fee then we have made a complete mess of the situation. There is a need for some clarification from the club around this. Michael Brown made it clear some time ago that he was working on keeping Alex and Zola suggested that it would happen so what went wrong? I still think that there is a full time transfer in the offing but who knows

Its a shame we never really got to see him upfront as I feel he could of contributed much more in the middle than he did.

10 goals is not to be sniffed at and without it we would be sunk, but when he was out wide I felt we carried him for the majority of games.

Good luck wherever you end up Alex!

Any of you guys heard anything with regards to his lad coming to Valley Parade for the rest of the season?

McCall did confirm that he hoped to take a look at him against Chesterfield the other night, but obviously he didn't play. We also felt we were in for Ched Evans, but since then McCall has played this one down.

Jones has scored a few, but I'm always sceptical of these kinda moves.

Any of you guys heard anything with regards to his lad coming to Valley Parade for the rest of the season?

McCall did confirm that he hoped to take a look at him against Chesterfield the other night, but obviously he didn't play. We also felt we were in for Ched Evans, but since then McCall has played this one down.

Jones has scored a few, but I'm always sceptical of these kinda moves.

I've heard that he is coming to you.

If you were in for Evans then you have dodged a bullet, he was terrible the other night.

Archived