onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bruno's Gone !! Resigned

Gareths54

Advert

This outcome was predictable and was predicted back in June, appoint a manager with such an appalling track record who signs a bunch of players most of whom are Conference level at best and guess where the club will head, it's not rocket science.

Although Smurf's actions back in June left me cold and concerned the club needs stability and money right now, I just hope he's learned his lesson and hence no more experiments. Whoever he appopints is a risk but please minimise the risk by appointing someone with a track record and real contacts in the British game.

Kiko was decent when he came on, and that tackle was excellent, hope he's not one we release.

One swallow doesn't make a summer, he may have a decentish left foot but the guy is a liability as a defender. Make a hybrid of Knopps and Kiko and a decent left back would emarge.

Well I'm glad he has gone, these last three months have been totally unacceptable. The form of 1 win in 11 games is relegation form. Playing 1 up front for the majority of his time here has been a killer for him, a lack of goals has resulted in the current position. Zonal marking has been a total failure and has cost us numbers of goals which have once again resulted in the current position. Away form once again shocking, whether that's the managers fault or just a vale thing I don't know because it has been shocking for years now. Home form not so bad but recently it has dipped and because of it we have dropped in the league. The choice of having a squad of 35 players was his first mistake, too many resulting in quantity over quality. However, I do kind of feel sorry for Bruno. Injuries and suspensions have been a big dent in what he must have planned. The likes of Grant, Forrester, Thomas, Foley, Purkiss have all been either suspended or been on the sidelines. You look at these 5 players and you think these would have made a major difference to the team if they had stayed fit. This makes me wonder if these players played week in week out for Bruno, would the man still be here?

However, his time has ran out and tbh I couldn't have seen him taking us forward anymore. Thankyou and good luck Bruno but it wasn't to be.

Guest TommyMac
All of them?!

IMO none of those you mention are league one standard. Mind you, today, even Tavares was slightly better than Taylor who was absolutely shocking and offered zero effort.

I may be wrong but I very much suspect that Bruno's noble resignation was his choice in preference to the bullet that Norm was holding to his head. I would imagine the conversation was along the lines of do you want to resign or do you want me to sack you? If it wasn't then Norman must be barking mad to even consider keeping him in a job after that abysmal showing today. That he was still in charge today after that showing at Wimbledon last week was a bloody scandal.

A number of us expressed concern at Bruno's appointment and the nature of his signings. We were told by many on here to shut up, stop being negative and "support the lads". Well I have seen every one of the games with Bruno in charge - that's 29 league and cup games - and I can count on little more than the fingers of one hand the games when I thought we played really well. Our away form has been chronic with our only win coming courtesy of a moment of blind stupidity at the club with the worst home record in the league. We were totally embarrased at Bury, Sheffield United, Bolton, Wimbledon and pretty poor at most other places. We've played five games against League Two teams and only looked convincing in one of the them. We've won two of our last thirteen league games and were pretty fortunate in both of those.

Why people on here thought he deserved more time when our performances were getting worse and worse with no sign at all of any light at the end of the tunnel is a mystery to me. What did they expect would happen - that we would suddenly, in defiance of all previous experience, sign quality players who could perform at a decent standard for us rather than guys with no experience of our league?

Bruno, I'm sure you're a very nice man and I wish you well in the future but I'm afraid you have shown yourself to be a crap manager at Vale and have contributed to an increasing number of fans turning their backs on the club. I shan't mourn your departure.

37% at Mansfield (losing more than he won), 30% at Chester and 13% at Torquay. I hope our next manager isn't a failure on a par with that.

Every manager has to start somewhere and go through a learning curve. He couldn't have been that bad for a successful manager in Neil Warnock took him as his assistant where he no doubt learnt more about the management side. His 40% win ratio is of course at his current club Carlisle.

Are there any more mangers out there we could seriously attract? Old players excepted.

Delighted Bruno has gone, he gave up appearing in the media to justify himself and his body language in the last few weeks was dreadful.

However most of what is left is carnage and Smurf isn't going to pay a respected, proven manager the money to put it right.

Michael Brown however has more contacts than Bruno has having played his whole career (bar Vale) in the highest two divisions. Fairly sure he could go on to be a great manager.

I may be wrong but I very much suspect that Bruno's noble resignation was his choice in preference to the bullet that Norm was holding to his head. I would imagine the conversation was along the lines of do you want to resign or do you want me to sack you? If it wasn't then Norman must be barking mad to even consider keeping him in a job after that abysmal showing today. That he was still in charge today after that showing at Wimbledon last week was a bloody scandal.

A number of us expressed concern at Bruno's appointment and the nature of his signings. We were told by many on here to shut up, stop being negative and "support the lads". Well I have seen every one of the games with Bruno in charge - that's 29 league and cup games - and I can count on little more than the fingers of one hand the games when I thought we played really well. Our away form has been chronic with our only win coming courtesy of a moment of blind stupidity at the club with the worst home record in the league. We were totally embarrased at Bury, Sheffield United, Bolton, Wimbledon and pretty poor at most other places. We've played five games against League Two teams and only looked convincing in one of the them. We've won two of our last thirteen league games and were pretty fortunate in both of those.

Why people on here thought he deserved more time when our performances were getting worse and worse with no sign at all of any light at the end of the tunnel is a mystery to me. What did they expect would happen - that we would suddenly, in defiance of all previous experience, sign quality players who could perform at a decent standard for us rather than guys with no experience of our league?

Bruno, I'm sure you're a very nice man and I wish you well in the future but I'm afraid you have shown yourself to be a crap manager at Vale and have contributed to an increasing number of fans turning their backs on the club. I shan't mourn your departure.

Jean I totally agree with you and I've only seen all the home games and just a few away - great post.

Well I'm glad he has gone, these last three months have been totally unacceptable. The form of 1 win in 11 games is relegation form. Playing 1 up front for the majority of his time here has been a killer for him, a lack of goals has resulted in the current position. Zonal marking has been a total failure and has cost us numbers of goals which have once again resulted in the current position. Away form once again shocking, whether that's the managers fault or just a vale thing I don't know because it has been shocking for years now. Home form not so bad but recently it has dipped and because of it we have dropped in the league. The choice of having a squad of 35 players was his first mistake, too many resulting in quantity over quality. However, I do kind of feel sorry for Bruno. Injuries and suspensions have been a big dent in what he must have planned. The likes of Grant, Forrester, Thomas, Foley, Purkiss have all been either suspended or been on the sidelines. You look at these 5 players and you think these would have made a major difference to the team if they had stayed fit. This makes me wonder if these players played week in week out for Bruno, would the man still be here?

However, his time has ran out and tbh I couldn't have seen him taking us forward anymore. Thankyou and good luck Bruno but it wasn't to be.

All teams get injuries. Our problem was that we only had half a dozen experienced first team players.

Replacements not yet ready.

Hence the slide.

Need experience immediately to stop the rot.

Archived