onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bruno's Gone !! Resigned

Gareths54

I don't get this "he's done the right thing", his track record shows when the going gets tough Bruno normally gets gone. If anything he should be compensating the fans for the dross he has been putting out every week, to say nothing about failed promises. Plan B my ****

Advert

If we're going to be throwing more money at more players, wouldn't it be better to get Rowett in and then give him time? Might be pricey but would be a worthwhile appointment.

I know he's probably a pie in the sky suggestion but at the end of the day who is available that would be any good? Try to shift as many fringe players as we can i.e. Mbemba, Shalaj etc. and focus on quality.

I think we do have some potentially good players but at the moment that is all they are. They need time and we somewhat threw them in at the deep end.

Bruno seems like a genuinely nice guy and I'm sorry to see that this didn't work out. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I would not begrudge anyone for taking a chance.

We asked for wholesale changes and Norm tried to give it to us. He gets a lot of flack from some fans but he has invested and is willing to further invest in our club.

In the immortal word of Rob Page, 'we go again...'

I didn't ask for wholesale changes, a few quality additions in the close season and we would have been better than we are now.

Forget Rowett as he will be looking at getting a Championship club and he should be able to bide his time after a presumably good pay off by Birmingham. Two years ago I was championing Chris Wilder. Now I think we should be looking at Keith Curle at Carlisle. We have played them twice since he has been there and each time they have outplayed us. He has a good record and should be snapped up before some other club does. Surely we are a bigger club than Carlisle.

None of this sympathy for bruno. He blagged the job under false pretenses. An absolute farce and the people who gave him references should be embarrassed as well. It's alright for the likes of Jose et al to give false references for their mate when they work at clubs that can sack a manager then bring in a player for 80 million. But a club like vale can be nearly destroyed by such actions.

Forget Rowett as he will be looking at getting a Championship club and he should be able to bide his time after a presumably good pay off by Birmingham. Two years ago I was championing Chris Wilder. Now I think we should be looking at Keith Curle at Carlisle. We have played them twice since he has been there and each time they have outplayed us. He has a good record and should be snapped up before some other club does. Surely we are a bigger club than Carlisle.

Rowett will end up at Norwich when they sack Alex Neil.

I don't understand why, if today was a last hurrah, he didn't just go for it and play 2 men upfront! Did Jones even touch the ball 1st half? Or even 5-3-2 which he hasn't yet tried but which definitely appears to suit our current squad better. Stupid really, persisting with 4-2-3-1 which quite clearly does not work.

How do you know5-3-2 suits our squad better if he's never tried it yet.

None of this sympathy for bruno. He blagged the job under false pretenses. An absolute farce and the people who gave him references should be embarrassed as well. It's alright for the likes of Jose et al to give false references for their mate when they work at clubs that can sack a manager then bring in a player for 80 million. But a club like vale can be nearly destroyed by such actions.

All Smurf had to do was go on Wikipedia to see Bruno wasn't much cop as a manager. That he's "bezzies" with Mourinho means nothing. I bet Jose gets on well with his cleaner but we shouldn't put her/him in charge.

He's failed everywhere else he's been, no thanks.

How do you know5-3-2 suits our squad better if he's never tried it yet.

He's obviously basing it on the players that we've got, and I agree with him. Our wingers (kelly, shalaj and mbamba) aren't good enough from what we've seen, yet we seem to have decent centre backs (streete, smith and knopps) and full backs (kiko, Taylor and purkiss, though the latter's been pants this season) and a decent midfield trio (out of grant, amoros, foley, pereira and de freitas) and big man little man combo up front (reg, Jones and forester if ever fit), so the obvious choice for many

Archived