onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bruno's Gone !! Resigned

Gareths54

It's a calculated guess, I would say the call on Grew not a bad shout either, the whole coaching team came with Bruno, if they leave who is left?

I hope they all leave, they are all responsible and living off Bruno's failed plans. Give me Mick Ede and Andy Porter any day, Vale through and through.

Advert

No manager resigns without being pushed. Compensation usually dictates.

I did from a previous job. I could see which way the company was going and sorted an exit stratergy quick smart!

That being said in the crooked world of football as we all know people even get compo when they are axed for poor conduct as in the case of Allardyce and England.

He lives in a flat in Sneyd Green just round he corner from me. His rent was up this week. Coincidence?

It's the right move. The team simply aren't playing for him. Tonight was the last straw. We could still be playing now and wouldn't have looked like scoring.

Feel for the guy but it obviously wasn't to be. The players have to bear some responsibility, as today for example not one of them bar Alnwick put a shift in. If they now start playing like world beaters, they should hang their heads in shame. Whilst Bruno obviously had too much of a rose tinted view of this level of football, once the players cross that white line it's on them. There's absolutely no excuse for a professional footballer being unable to pass a ball 5 yards to a team mate.

Agreed, the players were a disgrace today and have been let off very, very lightly.

This was already determined at full time. Brown said on RS

"I'm looking at bringing in someone tomorrow."

I'm.

Another expensive **** up.

The real question is what's now going to happen to Smith and all those Portuguese coaches. Can't see them staying.

At least he did the right thing, and for that has saved a bit of face.

At the very least Browny should install a bit of fight into the side, something that has clearly been lacking from us for a while now. Some of us saw this coming a while back though and something should have been done weeks ago, as a number of games have simply been wasted.

If we're going to be throwing more money at more players, wouldn't it be better to get Rowett in and then give him time? Might be pricey but would be a worthwhile appointment.

I know he's probably a pie in the sky suggestion but at the end of the day who is available that would be any good? Try to shift as many fringe players as we can i.e. Mbemba, Shalaj etc. and focus on quality.

I think we do have some potentially good players but at the moment that is all they are. They need time and we somewhat threw them in at the deep end.

Bruno seems like a genuinely nice guy and I'm sorry to see that this didn't work out. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I would not begrudge anyone for taking a chance.

We asked for wholesale changes and Norm tried to give it to us. He gets a lot of flack from some fans but he has invested and is willing to further invest in our club.

In the immortal word of Rob Page, 'we go again...'

It's the correct decision although I have no malice towards Smurf, he tried something different and it didn't work. What's important now is to get to 50pts as quickly as possible before having another go next season. The problem is for any new Manager is we have around 16 players in the squad currently who are nowhere near L1 standard.

It's important now the fans rally round and back the team on Friday.

Bruno was on a hiding to nothing once his Chairman came out with his ridiculous top six by Christmas comment. No manager in the country could bring in seventeen new players most of them who've never played in this country and expect it to gel into a successful unit straight away. A project like that needs a least 18 months to develop but Smurf's initial comment meant that was never going to happen. But having said all that Bruno's brief spell in charge never gave you any confidence in his managerial ability. His treatment of Purkiss, his tendency to play players in their wrong positions, his love of Tavarres, his lack of leadership and lack of media appearances. You never got the impression he was totally in charge so I began to question what was he actually doing.

Some of the players he's brought in I'm sure will come good but he looked out of his depth and his going in the end had to happen.

Archived