onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bruno's Gone !! Resigned

Gareths54

Agreed' date=' said much the same about Taylor at the game today. It's incredible how dead ball specifialists come to the club with a good reputation, start brightly with them as Taylor did, and then that skill declines rapidly.[/quote']

Just as quickly as some fans want to stick the knife in.

Advert

Another poster said earlier that 'No manager resigns without being pushed' and though it may not have been a literal push, I can't accept that the decision was just BR's. You are the one that is stirring.

I'm not stirring at all, I've never called for Bruno's or smurfs head and from my earlier post I can't see how that could possibly be construed as stirring.

I don't see people sticking the knife in on him' date=' [b']most want him to stay, simply improve to the standard he was when he arrived[/b].

I believe you when you say that, im not sure some fans have that same mentality though. I find it frustrating how quickly some fans turn on players. We must all must sit next to or be able to hear lots of people moaning throughout the game at the slightest mistake, before you know it players soon become boo boys. I know Taylor didn't play well yesterday but he isn't a bad player at all. In **** times like this the players probably needed fans behind them more than ever as it looked to me like they didn't have the same support from the management (Bruno) who have left them to hang out to dry with this style and formation. Maybe if we were cynical about it the players could well have contributed to getting Bruno out of the door too.

However, I do kind of feel sorry for Bruno. Injuries and suspensions have been a big dent in what he must have planned. The likes of Grant, Forrester, Thomas, Foley, Purkiss have all been either suspended or been on the sidelines. You look at these 5 players and you think these would have made a major difference to the team if they had stayed fit. This makes me wonder if these players played week in week out for Bruno, would the man still be here?

This is quite damning of Bruno. You mention five players whom we've missed - Grant, Foley and Purkiss were already at the club when Bruno came. Forrester was, by his own admission, signed by the Chairman. Who knows who signed Thomas. So Bruno's problem was that he was having to depend on the players he had signed - the fact that they were not up to the job is why he had to go.

Honourable resignation.Good luck in the future Bruno.Wow!! The 'we told you so and we aren't going until Bruno goes' brigade will be creaming themselves.Form an orderly queue on Friday guys.Full house expected.BTW did everybody see the tackle Kiko did today ?Someone who comes on here said he was targeted at Wimbledon and couldn't defend.

Tbf i told you a couple of months ago Bruno lost the dressing room. So i told you so.:wink:

Every manager has to start somewhere and go through a learning curve. He couldn't have been that bad for a successful manager in Neil Warnock took him as his assistant where he no doubt learnt more about the management side. His 40% win ratio is of course at his current club Carlisle.

Are there any more mangers out there we could seriously attract? Old players excepted.

Two words, Steve Holland. Excellent coach who was assistant manager at Chelsea but awful manager. Being a good assistant doesn't make you a good manager.

At almost every club he's been at he's started well and then had an abysmal run of form that got him sacked. 11 defeats in 12 at Chester. 2 wins from 11 at Notts County. We can do better.

I have given bruno time and patience whilst some have been quick to criticise and I have always tried to find the positives. However the time now is right for bruno to go. The plan may have initially looked to have worked but over the past few weeks its shown to be failing and our league position has plummeted. Bruno seems a nice guy but im not sure cut out for management in the english game. I think the time is right now to give the new manager January to bring in some of their own players. Jfh and gary rowett are both available and would be good appointments in my opinion. However whether we could finance this and some new players would be questionable, particularly with the dwindling crowds.

Only just found out about this because I was out last night. Sorry for Bruno - seemed a nice guy - but football is a results based business. I suspect he jumped before he was pushed - looks better on his CV.

His CV as a manager leaves a lot to be desired, no matter how nice a bloke he might be!

Archived