onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who will be the Vales new manager?

PV1973

It's because, in the main CEO's aren't absolute weapons like Deakin. Remember who selected him as CEO and then you'll end up with the answer of why he was awful. Given Norman's success in business I have more faith he can select a good CEO to run things.

Except he isn't selecting one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advert

what short memories you all have what did the last CEO do for us ??? But that's what everyone seems to want ???

Its your memory thats faulty..... smurf said, quite categorically, that if he didnt sell the club he would appoint a CEO.... which was followed by another statement saying we/he couldnt afford further backroom staff so he would do the job himself.

Now that Smurf has revealed the disgraceful way he forced Page out, if we finish in the bottom half next season with less points than last time then I hope he gets all the stick he deserves! Before Page went I said that I have ever confidence in Smurf to make a total mess of a new managerial appointment and I have seen nothing to change my mind since.

Now that Smurf has revealed the disgraceful way he forced Page out, if we finish in the bottom half next season with less points than last time then I hope he gets all the stick he deserves! Before Page went I said that I have ever confidence in Smurf to make a total mess of a new managerial appointment and I have seen nothing to change my mind since.

He can force out or sack anyone he wants the simple fact is he gave Page the tools to do a job and he didn't deliver.

I disagree Grumpy old man... Smurf said he reduced the budget but Page messed up the recruitment and had no strikers, so Smurf had to plough 800k in to sort it out...

If Page had recruited a goalscorer we may have made the play offs. So Pages recruitment cost us a play off and a further 800k on top of his budget...no wonder smurf wanted shut of him....

Oh and then theres this years retained list!!!!!

He can force out or sack anyone he wants the simple fact is he gave Page the tools to do a job and he didn't deliver.

12th place, I thought he did! I await the new appointment as someone who will deliver better! Presumably under this idiot Rudge would have been sacked before our first promotion, we only came 12th in his first full season, just like Page!

12th place, I thought he did! I await the new appointment as someone who will deliver better! Presumably under this ***** Rudge would have been sacked before our first promotion, we only came 12th in his first full season, just like Page!

Well Phil he has supposed to have been advised by Rudgy,Spro,and Joe Royle so lets hope Norman has taken good advice.

We wait in anticipation:closedeyes:

I think the way Smurf has gone about things re Page is wrong- at the very least he shouldn't be talking about it publicly (although I'm sure he's not the first Chairman to get rid of a manager in this way) I just hope things work out with the new manager otherwise this could potentially come back and bite him on the ar$e.

Any managerial appointment has a risk but stating the obvious if this guy is appointed the Vale will either do better, the same or worse than last season but my concern is that if it is worse it will be very bad and a swift trip to the conference is a likely result.

IMHO Ribiero is a high risk appointment and for a club that recently the Chairman put up for sale and wanted out, has lost its manager and assistant manager and some backroom staff, its captain may leave and has lost many of its best players this is not the time for a high risk appointment. In that interview Smurf talked from the heart whereas he should be talking and thinking from the head.

One characteristic of clubs that plummet down the football league is instability from the chairman to management staff to the players and PVFC ticks all those boxes at the moment, add to that a chairman who appears unsure and even confused, it doesn't auger well.

Given that Micky Adams appointed Rob Page as his assistant and Micky was already manager before Norman bought the club we have not really seen what Normans decision making is like when given a blank canvas. I have my suspicions that it won't be a good appointment and that it will be a long and disappointing season but I am really hoping to be proved wrong.

Archived