onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who will be the Vales new manager?

PV1973

Advert

I can't get beyond Smurf saying the 'recommended one' is Mourinho's best friend from when they were boys. He and Ribeiro both come from Setubal. Too coincidental. If the odds had been evens I would have bet for the first time in my life.

Strange as Jose is 53 and Ribeiro is 40.

Smurf does not remember what he has said from one minute to the next. He tries to be cleverer than he needs to be to make himself look good but inevitably fails and ends up looking (and sounding) like bi-polar **********.

As much as I appreciate him saving us, I would not trust him as far as I could throw him and any potential new manager only has to do some basic internet searches to see what he is letting himself in for.

Can't believe there are not better candidates than Bruno, would be a huge gamble by Smurf just off the back of a possible few loans from Utd, the fact that Brian Little even got down to the last 3 is concerning if that is the calibre of applicant, I just prey Norman drops a surprise and we end up with a Adkins,Mcdermott rather than a Dickov,Pearce or a unknown.

Can't believe there are not better candidates than Bruno, would be a huge gamble by Smurf just off the back of a possible few loans from Utd, the fact that Brian Little even got down to the last 3 is concerning if that is the calibre of applicant, I just prey Norman drops a surprise and we end up with a Adkins,Mcdermott rather than a Dickov,Pearce or a unknown.

Brian Little didn't get down to the last 3 and neither did Dickov. Little discussed a Head of Recruitment / Director of Football role with Smurf but decided to stick with his director role at Villa. Smurf has already dismissed the link with Dickov.

Bruno is a gamble though, and I would prefer us to go elsewhere.

Brian Little didn't get down to the last 3 and neither did Dickov. Little discussed a Head of Recruitment / Director of Football role with Smurf but decided to stick with his director role at Villa.

So you don't think that Little was 'candidate 1' then?! I'd say it was almost certainly him from how Smurthwaite described him, and what both he and Little have said that they discussed.

Sorry any new manager is a bit of a gamble ,seems a lot want Smurff to fail,if whoever is appointed, if can work with brown and bring in few to join and blend in with existing players we will have a chance, like any other team in the league,but they will need support not the doom and gloom brigade booing at ever error, together we can succeed,keep the faith

That's a fair point.

It is understandable though - and I'm one whose glass is always half empty - when we are half way through June, with no manager, only about 4 first team players and the chairman unwisely in my view spouting some daft statements along with a few inspired ones lately. It's not hard to work out why some fans are very anxious.

At the end of the day, we will have a boss and a team in place, with a number of new players too which will be exciting, and as supporters we will need to get behind the team, for good or bad.

It is more important that he takes his time and gets the right person.

Sorry any new manager is a bit of a gamble ,seems a lot want Smurff to fail,if whoever is appointed, if can work with brown and bring in few to join and blend in with existing players we will have a chance, like any other team in the league,but they will need support not the doom and gloom brigade booing at ever error, together we can succeed,keep the faith

Nobody should want him to fail as it will be to the detriment of the supporters and the club and if it is the manager who is stated we need to support him.

I myself will not overwhelmed with the appointment if true but we will need to support the man who gets the position

That's a fair point.

It is understandable though - and I'm one whose glass is always half empty - when we are half way through June, with no manager, only about 4 first team players and the chairman unwisely in my view spouting some daft statements along with a few inspired ones lately. It's not hard to work out why some fans are very anxious.

At the end of the day, we will have a boss and a team in place, with a number of new players too which will be exciting, and as supporters we will need to get behind the team, for good or bad.

It is more important that he takes his time and gets the right person.

5 a side sage,5 a side, got yer bewts ite yet.:laugh:

Here I was thinking we couldnt afford extra staff [CEO]... perhaps smurf is taking on the DoF role himself?

what short memories you all have what did the last CEO do for us ??? But that's what everyone seems to want ???

what short memories you all have what did the last CEO do for us ??? But that's what everyone seems to want ???

It's because, in the main CEO's aren't absolute weapons like Deakin. Remember who selected him as CEO and then you'll end up with the answer of why he was awful. Given Norman's success in business I have more faith he can select a good CEO to run things.

Archived