onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who will be the Vales new manager?

PV1973

Well it's 100% Ribeiro my friend and i think it's pretty much a done deal, despite his comment that he is interviewing two other managers in case he gets 'cold feet'.

On his head then if you are that confident i can not see what he will bring to the table he certainly is not the wow factor appointment Smurf stated he was bringing in with his statement recently

Advert

On his head then if you are that confident i can not see what he will bring to the table he certainly is not the wow factor appointment Smurf stated he was bringing in with his statement recently

I think his association with mourinho is supposedly the wow factor. His record leaves a lot to be desired but it's a gamble and he has been linked with bigger jobs than ours so there must be something there. I'd prefer someone like McDermott as I've said before but Norman is kingmaker and I believe what he has done with the budget is what was needed.

I think his association with mourinho is supposedly the wow factor. His record leave a lot to be desired but it's a gamble and he has been linked with bigger jobs than ours so there must be something there. I'd prefer someone like McDermott as I've said before but Norman is kingmaker and I believe what he has done with the budget is what was needed.

A big gamble even with his association with the special one we can not afford to gamble surely even Smurf knows he has to get it right and a rookie manager is not the answer in the hustle bustle of league 1

Just when Norman seemed to be sorting his act out a bit, we now get this. I don't believe it's actually true, it seems a ridiculously elaborate way of getting rid of the manager and certain players, and parts of it don't make any sense at all.

In interviews towards the end of the season, Page stated that the club had already started recruiting for next year. If Norman already had plans in place to get rid of Rob, why would he be doing this (and will these players still be coming here, or to Northampton or left in limbo)? It's all lies, isn't it?

The thing is, regardless if it's hogwash or true, Norman comes out of this looking really shoddy. Sneaky, malicious and cheap. A club's ability to attract quality has a lot to do with it's standing in the game, particularly if they're not a wealthy one. Anyone asking around about Port Vale wouldn't come away with a favourable impression, thanks to behaviour like this. If I was a player researching potential clubs to move to, there isn't a chance I would ever consider signing for Smurthwaite's club.

It's ridiculous that he's volunteered this information himself. Whatever people think of the players we had offered new contracts to, to openly admit/ lie and state that basically you were playing games with their careers - some of them loyal servants, some of them young lads trying to make their way in the game - is an utter effing disgrace. I know some on here think that Chris Birchall is practically the anti-christ but to say that you only offered a player (who offered to play for us for free) a contract due to some machiavellian scheme... **** off. That's just nasty, even if it is utter claptrap.

Completely agree with this.

Are we appointing that Bruno chap then? Very underwhelming if so; not the blockbuster appointment the video Norman posted lead us to believe.

Personally, there are so many contradictions with what he says I wouldn't believe anyone was nailed on to get the job until Norman decided he wanted to sack them; they're guaranteed to be here for 6 months then.

Are we appointing that Bruno chap then? Very underwhelming if so; not the blockbuster appointment the video Norman posted lead us to believe.

Personally, there are so many contradictions with what he says I wouldn't believe anyone was nailed on to get the job until Norman decided he wanted to sack them; they're guaranteed to be here for 6 months then.

I love the positivity on here, it's what really gets my passion for football going.

I love the positivity on here, it's what really gets my passion for football going.

I'm not positive, I'm not negative. I'm pretty ambivalent to be honest. One things for certain, with the amount of contradictions that come out of our chairmans mouth, I won't believe anything until it actually happens.

Having scanned the Sentinel article where it says a Portuguese manager is favourite, have I got this right?

This new guy with no experience of England and no sole managerial success anywhere else in the world could be brought in aslong as he has someone who knows the English game with him? Oh and there might be the chance of bringing in a couple of Utd teenagers.

Is this just Smurthwaite's way of getting free tickets and Old Trafford?

I'd love to know if these 'back up' managers will turn up to the interviews knowing it's who you know and not what you know.

Archived