onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 2 Colchester 0 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Advert

It may be my eyesight but having seen the Robbo goal again,on TV,I think the ball bounced just in front of the keeper,making it more difficult for him.

Coincidence yesterday.

Vale- Welsh manager and coach,substituted a goal scorer.

Stoke-Welsh manager and coach,substituted the goalscorer.

Bored.

Kevin Keen is the latest opposition manager to describe Vale as strong and well organised.

It is this that gives me encouragement as it provides the foundation for success.

I think RP is doing a good job. I sense it is more about the longer term, rather than immediate.

Further progress will come IF he gets the right backing.......

I note that one of our players made the People's League One Team of the Day. I've often wondered how they choose such a team. Up front they have chosen Theo Robinson. With all due respect to Theo for his goal, I've now realised that they actually pick the names out of a hat.

It may be my eyesight but having seen the Robbo goal again,on TV,I think the ball bounced just in front of the keeper,making it more difficult for him.

Coincidence yesterday.

Vale- Welsh manager and coach,substituted a goal scorer.

Stoke-Welsh manager and coach,substituted the goalscorer.

Bored.

Will the Welsh manager do the same against ManU today for a hat-trick?

I agree it was a dreadful game and upfront we were horrific.

I thought Neal did OK with all the potshots we allowed them, three of the back four aside from Dickinson were sound and Foley, Grant and O'Connor good. Dodds had a stinker even by his hit or miss standards, and Robinson couldn't control his bladder movements let alone a football.

I would have gone for Grant for MOTM but it wasn't a classic by any means and they on that performance are doomed!

I'm now convinced you just say things to wind people up. Dodds had a good game today. His touch and link up play were good. It was just a shame we had no one up front to stretch their defence. The only problem was that Dodds had to come deep too often due to the central midfielders being too static. That's what made Foley stand out. He always wanted the ball.

Grant held onto the ball too long again. Maybe because O'Connor was not offering him an option. Kennedy was not an option either as he kept coming too deep rather than playing on their full back. When we play Dodds behind a striker it's important that both wide men give him options. Moore did a better job of that when he came on.

Not a great performance but the majority of the team worked hard and never gave Colchester a sniff of goal really. Foley was superb yesterday and Dodds, Purkiss and Dicko were also sound. Duffy and Inniss were solid and Grant and O'Connor were better 2nd half. Moore had a good 2nd half cameo too. Robinson had a decent start with some early runs at their defence then faded and he and JJ who are supposed to have pace never really chased any through balls against a lumbering centre half. Kennedy never took on or beat any defender and looked a shadow of the player a few games ago. All in all though a solid performance which keeps the season alive and interesting with so many of the other play off hopefuls going backwards.

Another decent win and a good 4 point return for the week but really should of been 6 well done rob page I enjoyed sitting in the lorne street today behind the dugouts it's funny how the 4th official get a *******ing for every decision the ref makes from either dugout let's hope somehow our chairman can show some positivity and try attract some floating fans back the manager and players deserve it

My marks

Neal 7

PURKISS 8

Innis 8

Duffy 8

Dicko 8

Kennedy 5

O'connor 7

Foley 10

Grant 6

Robinson 6

Dodds 8

All in all a good show shame Foley didn't get a hat trick he had the shot which was turned onto the bar ,the volleyed effort was sublime aswell he is tremendous.

Defence were superb ,long shots but routine saves for the very competent Neal.

Utv

Fantastic to see Sam Foley have a brilliant game yesterday. Unsung hero of the Team this season. Now Page has got him, Grant and O'Connor gelling together we have a nucleus there to match anything in midfield in Division1. Innis, although rusty was mighty too and once he regains his total match fitness we have a solid looking pairing there with Duffy. Oh what we could have done this campaign if we had a centre forward banging them in! I take my hat off too to Moore. Why oh why can't he show that pace and take on defenders more often? He was a breath of fresh air compared to what he's given us so far this season. Has to retain that spot ahead of a really disappointing Kennedy.

Even though Colchester were poor opposition once again Vale showed that we can be a force when enough of the squad play to their strengths.

Only downside for me unfortunately was Robinson. Yes, he may have scored( fluke or brilliance?) but in general he was dire. Doesn't look a long term, or even short term solution up front for us.

I just don't get the mentality of someone who doesn't attend a football match because of what a chairman says or does. Pathetic doesn't even cover it.

A few people shot me down for suggesting bringing moore in for Kennedy before the game . For me Kennedy is young and often plays the safe option because he lacks pace. Despite the fact that moore should be like he is when he came on today far more often, he made us look far better and effective and he partners well with purkiss. I'd play him in place of Kennedy personally.

Innis and Duffy look to be a decent combination of height and positional sense. Innis was caught wrong side once but managed to get away with it. O'Connor slowed the play down first half but was obviously told to look forward second half and it improved us.

There are seeds of a decent team in there but we need the movement of someone like AJ at the pivot because Robinson or hooper don't possess the willing to do the graft needed for that role.

That's a very good post in my humble opinion

Archived