onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 2 Colchester 0 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Advert

Am I the only one that thought that was woeful game ! I honestly though Foley had a shocker apart from the goal, with no impetus to move. Did he actually know where he was playing today?

They were simply awful!

Foley along with Dodds, Duffy and grant were the catalyst for the 3 points today with Foley slightly shading it. Not s vintage performance but I don't think they were the worst we have seen down at VP even though I can't recall them having any clear cut chances. We 'lulled' in parts but the 3 points are warmly received

You owe me a beer for Dodds performance' date=' in fact I'd like about 10 to try and forget it ever happened! ;)[/quote']

So you think that Dodds was worse than Robinson or Hooper? I and a few others looking at the comments disagree. He did a great deal of running up front which is more than the other forwards did. He wasn't great but nowhere near as bad as you make out but he always is your scapegoat.

So you think that Dodds was worse than Robinson or Hooper? I and a few others looking at the comments disagree. He did a great deal of running up front which is more than the other forwards did. He wasn't great but nowhere near as bad as you make out but he always is your scapegoat.

Haters always hate, Bert. ;)

I agree, as Dodds did a fair bit of work today.Another observation ,the unhappy Colchester player who was angry at coming off,then burst in tears in the dugout :cry::cry:

A win is a win and we definitely deserved it on our second half showing. Foley was excellent and was unlucky with a couple of efforts before he scored. My opinion of where we'll finish hasn't changed (8th to 10th) but at least we've improved on last season as we are just two points off matching last seasons points tally. History suggests we'd need to get 72/73pts to get into the playoffs which is another seven wins and probably too big an ask.

The problem with the Dodds haters is they are so intent on finding fault with the lad that they fail to notice the running off the ball and the dragging of defenders out of position that he does, and having two forwards on like Robinson and and the fans favourite JJHooper he had to do a hell a lot of miles this afternoon.

Got the job done albeit with a struggle first half. Robinson finished well but he clearly isn't a target man type player as he always looks for a flick or turn to beat the man. Second half was much better. Colchester are not that poorer side. They have mistakes in their defence and not enough presence in attack but they are neat and tidy in possession and move the ball well. So good result if not a great game. Innis lucky to stay on with a couple of reckless challenges first half and the second half challenge on the man through was a deliberate body contact the ref deemed ok but some refs would have called a foul with red card. But he is an improvement because he gives us more arial power than McGivern and Duffy. It looks like Mr Smurf is having a bad affect on attendances presently. An honourable exit on good terms for all parties is needed urgently.

Got the job done albeit with a struggle first half. Robinson finished well but he clearly isn't a target man type player as he always looks for a flick or turn to beat the man. Second half was much better. Colchester are not that poorer side. They have mistakes in their defence and not enough presence in attack but they are neat and tidy in possession and move the ball well. So good result if not a great game. Innis lucky to stay on with a couple of reckless challenges first half and the second half challenge on the man through was a deliberate body contact the ref deemed ok but some refs would have called a foul with red card. But he is an improvement because he gives us more arial power than McGivern and Duffy. It looks like Mr Smurf is having a bad affect on attendances presently. An honourable exit on good terms for all parties is needed urgently.

I just don't get the mentality of someone who doesn't attend a football match because of what a chairman says or does. Pathetic doesn't even cover it.

A few people shot me down for suggesting bringing moore in for Kennedy before the game . For me Kennedy is young and often plays the safe option because he lacks pace. Despite the fact that moore should be like he is when he came on today far more often, he made us look far better and effective and he partners well with purkiss. I'd play him in place of Kennedy personally.

Innis and Duffy look to be a decent combination of height and positional sense. Innis was caught wrong side once but managed to get away with it. O'Connor slowed the play down first half but was obviously told to look forward second half and it improved us.

There are seeds of a decent team in there but we need the movement of someone like AJ at the pivot because Robinson or hooper don't possess the willing to do the graft needed for that role.

I'm not a big fan of Dodds but thought he had a good game, he produced some clever touches that neither Theo or JJ expected or were alive to. He put a real shift in and even won a few challenges. I have been a big critic of his but could not fault him today.

It has to be said that Duffy looks a lot better when partnered with Innis.

I am not sure what has happened to Kennedy these last few weeks, the first few matches he was excellent, again today for me was never at it and Page was right bringing him off.

52 points. Safe from relegation at the beginning of March. Up yours bookies and a number of posters on here.

Spot on! There have been far too many "we are only going to get relegated with RP in charge...mark my words!" fortunately, they have had to crawl under a pebble, somewhere, and have been a little quieter of late! Shame none of them were brave enough to have offered odds on staying up!

The Championship could be a good place to be, next season - Villa, possibly Newcastle / Sunderland down; Derby / Sheff Wed / Leeds / Wolves / Birmingham / Forest all likely to be still there!

Problem with a lot of the Dodds haters is that he can miss place a pass and its Dodds fault. If someone misplaced a pass to Dodds it's also Dodds fault.

He's had 2 decent enough games for me the last two home games, including one where he was up there with the best on the pitch.

I agree it was a dreadful game and upfront we were horrific.

I thought Neal did OK with all the potshots we allowed them, three of the back four aside from Dickinson were sound and Foley, Grant and O'Connor good. Dodds had a stinker even by his hit or miss standards, and Robinson couldn't control his bladder movements let alone a football.

I would have gone for Grant for MOTM but it wasn't a classic by any means and they on that performance are doomed!

So the keeper did "OK" with his clean sheet.

Upfront we were "Horrific" (scored two goals)

Dicko, who is captain of a team with a superb defensive record and on a six month home unbeaten run, was not "sound"

Dodds had a "stinker". Even in a 2-0 win.

Robinson "couldnt control his bladder movements, let alone a football"....... Yet scored the first to put us on our way. So i think he can control a football!!

More crap from you REP.

Youre worrying me.

Archived