Duffy 8

Dicko 8

Kennedy 5

O'connor 7

Foley 10

Grant 6

Robinson 6

Dodds 8

All in all a good show shame Foley didn't get a hat trick he had the shot which was turned onto the bar ,the volleyed effort was sublime aswell he is tremendous.

Defence were superb ,long shots but routine saves for the very competent Neal.

Utv

Think you're being quite generous with those ratings. :sums: the win is all that matters but overall we didn't play great.

Having seen Robinsons goal on tv, it was a really good goal from a tight angle, nothing flukey about it, although I agree he didn't do much afterwards.

I'd argue that it was just rubbish goalkeeping! If he'd stuck a foot out he'd have saved it but he dived and it went under him.

They all count though

It was a very poor game in my view. I'm not usually one to put a downer on things after a win but I thought it was slow, laboured and lacked quality overall. I'm not sure how anyone could have been viewed as putting in an excellent performance :blink: but each to their own, it's a game full of opinions! I'll take poor games if we keep churning the points out any day of the week!

That said, we continue our excellent home form and still have an outside shout at the play offs. If we can start picking up a few more points away then who knows! We simply must go for the win against a Peterborough said really struggling right now.

It was a very poor game in my view. I'm not usually one to put a downer on things after a win but I thought it was slow, laboured and lacked quality overall. I'm not sure how anyone could have been viewed as putting in an excellent performance :blink: but each to their own, it's a game full of opinions! I'll take poor games if we keep churning the points out any day of the week!

That said, we continue our excellent home form and still have an outside shout at the play offs. If we can start picking up a few more points away then who knows! We simply must go for the win against a Peterborough said really struggling right now.

Wouldn't argue with that really, although i thought the second half was much better. But if those 2 efforts that hit the woodwork had gone in and we had had a big win, i wonder what people's perception of the match would have been?

Wouldn't argue with that really, although i thought the second half was much better. But if those 2 efforts that hit the woodwork had gone in and we had had a big win, i wonder what people's perception of the match would have been?

More positive for sure, though the scoreline would have been a bit more befitting of our respective positions.

I just got the impression that when we scored the first goal the team seemed to think it was going to be a stroll in the park, so that's exactly what they did!

I'd argue that it was just rubbish goalkeeping! If he'd stuck a foot out he'd have saved it but he dived and it went under him.

They all count though

Specsavers Jim. It bounced OVER him off a Steve Speed tuft.

I actually didn't think Saturday was too bad a performance(and I'm one of the current crop and Page's biggest critics). Yes first half was ordinary and the goal probably masked over it a little but compared with our efforts in the past against bottom sides we got the job done.

Colchester were ropey but I've honestly seen worse this season, they actually played it around nicely at times in the midfield but lacked any confidence and were clueless in their end product and final ball. Basically they seemed to lack something in both boxes some of which will come from the position they are in as well as being a poor side.

First goal was a mess allround their defender should have cleared it before Robinson got onto the ball and the less said about the keeping the better but you have to take that bit of luck when it comes, as Yukon said they all count! No sentiment in football once you cross that white line!

I thought Foley and Grant were the pick both put an excellent shift in and Foley gets in some excellent positions to have a pop at goal at times, of course he's not perfect but some of comments on here are wrong re him. He's had a good solid season(6 goals is it now? That's pretty good for a midfielder at this level!). Robinson was ropey his goal aside(at least he's off the mark hope he can gain a bit of confidence from it although it was a bit lucky!) and I actually thought Moore and Hooper coming on gave us more threat.

All in all a good 3 points lets bank it and move on!

Goalkeeping error for the first goal, the ball didn't even hit the side of the net from such an acute angle but give Theo some credit in that you don't win the lottery unless you buy a ticket.

Nice to see Byron Moore push the ball and run and then cross on the run. Commented about this before as he frustratingly usually comes inside into traffic and lays the ball off rather than use his pace, would love to see him push it and run more (no pun intended), he's got the ability, is it confidence that's not there.

Excellent header from Foley.

We know that the much-maligned Byron has been inconsistent and has had one or two injuries this season but he's the best wide man we've currently got at our disposal.

His end product is better than the other alternatives.

Occasionally he is capable of grabbing a goal as well as setting up chances.

He appears to be very much a confidence player, but at his best he's well worth a place in the team. His first touch, control and movement are very good, if you watch him carefully. Let's hope he can keep it going.

We know that the much-maligned Byron has been inconsistent and has had one or two injuries this season but he's the best wide man we've currently got at our disposal.

His end product is better than the other alternatives.

Occasionally he is capable of grabbing a goal as well as setting up chances.

He appears to be very much a confidence player, but at his best he's well worth a place in the team. His first touch, control and movement are very good, if you watch him carefully. Let's hope he can keep it going.

For me Kennedy is more skillful, can play the killer pass, demands the ball hence is involved more, tracks back more and is more exciting to watch than the usual Byron Moore who turns up. I agree with Ray Williams' comment on Saturday, he said something like "Rob Page should give Byron a target of hitting the by-line 3 times in the first half or it's a rocket at half time".

Archived