onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 2 Colchester 0 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

I thought even first half but second half we flowed and were very good value for the win .

Great c Robinson get a goal a good finish but there goalie has has a nightmare there .

Foleys goal was magnificent and a beautiful assist from Moore who was quite frankly superb when he entered the action .

Crowd was supportive and the lads got the job done .

In a word superb

Sam foley man of the match he never stops but u watch Louis dodds neither does he enjoyed his performance also .

Keep putting it in u will get it out :)

UTV

Advert

Awful game of football but the win is all that matters, today was the type of game we normally mess up.

I thought Foley was excellent today, deserved man of the match, even without the goal was the best player for me, followed by Dodds, felt sorry for Louis today as he had nothing with him up front.

Playing with Theo and JJ up front, it is like 2 strikers who have won a competition to play up front in the league, at present they offer nothing, maybe JJ with a bit of experience can come good but Theo for me offers nothing. The effort he scored for me was like a pass back, sunday league goalkeeper would have been embarrassed at that, if only we had a 20 goal striker we would be play off bound.

Onto Peterborough next week, hopefully AJ will be back fit because I worry about the options if he is not, if we can get a result there, it will look promising, a month ago I said there was only one play off spot up for grabs, now all 4 are there, Walsall and Gillingham in really poor form.

Guest TommyMac

Foley deserved MOM with a 7 out of 10 performance. Inniss a 6 and no-one else above 4. Respect to the Colchester fans because their team didn't deserve them today; no effort, no determination and no fight.

Strange, I thought Robinson played well and made the goal which put us in front and Hooper looked like a lost kid when he came on.

I think the way he took his shot he looked very awkward as he did it.Maybe that fooled their keeper and made him look worse than it was.But the important thing was that he scored the goal.

Foley deserved MOM with a 7 out of 10 performance. Inniss a 6 and no-one else above 4. Respect to the Colchester fans because their team didn't deserve them today; no effort, no determination and no fight.

You're right about Foley. Otherwise, you're nowhere near. Iniss was clearly unfit (but will get better). Dodds had a good game, bearing in mind that he had to do Robinson's chasing as well as his own

Strange, I thought Robinson played well and made the goal which put us in front and Hooper looked like a lost kid when he came on.

Really,i cant see that..i saw a player off the pace,couldn't win a ball or hold it up and lets be honest we all groaned when he hit the ball for the goal as it looked like he was passing it back to the keeper....i would hope we can bring in better next season.

For the person above that said nobody apart from Inniss and Foley deserved more than a 4 surely thats a wind up? I think Duffy played well(and i aren't a fan),O'Connor and Grant had decent games...those who were poor i would say Dodds,Robinson and Kennedy were off the mark today....i also thought the ref was poor

Am I the only one that thought that was woeful game ! I honestly though Foley had a shocker apart from the goal, with no impetus to move. Did he actually know where he was playing today?

They were simply awful!

Foley was the best man on the pitch today!

Vale have got the 2nd best home record in the division, compared to 4th worst away in the division. Think we still got play 4 out the top 6, and 3 are at home. I cant see why we cant win 7 out the remaining 10 games to sneak in the play offs. KTF

Last season this is a game we would of lost,we are improving under Page and when you think what he has to put up with here,imo he is doing well

I really dont think we would have lost this one. They offered literally nothing, and last season we had a stronger forward line than that available today. Would have beaten them by a couple more imo.

Archived