onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 1 Coventry City 1 post match comments

Fosse69

Advert

I have done a lot of moaning about Page and the team over recent months but that performance today was excellent. We dominated from the first whistle, the only time Coventry were in the game was in the 4 minutes of injury time.

If Innis had not got injured we would have won the game, I have defended McGivern but he was at fault for the goal and nearly got caught out 2 minutes before they scored.

Anthony Grant was back to his very best and Kennedy had a really good game, if it was not for their keeper we would have won by 3 or 4 goals.

The only negative and shouldn't moan when we have played so well is where has that performance been since September, that was easily the best since the Wigan home game.

Ok, firstly the negatives......

1.) Cash turnstile in the Bycars....would be nice if you publish it next time Norman, that way dozens of fans don't have to waste time queuing unnecessarily for a ticket in the driving rain. Why do Vale always make it so difficult for fans??

2.) Ryan McGivern....if there is anyone else we still thinks he's good enough for the centre of our defence, then please turn the light off on your way out. An absolutely calamitous performance. I said to my dad as soon as Innis went down "that's our clean sheet out of the window". Within 2 mins one of their guys waltzed around him and fired straight at Alnwick. A warning. Within 4 mins he had literally gifted Murphy his goal with a truly horrible piece of defending. It is decisions to play him instead of Streete that mean the supporters - certainly all those around me in the Bycars - will always doubt Page because it's akin to industrial espionage.y

Otherwise, it was a great game that we totally bossed and it would frankly have been a travesty had we not picked up anything. With a fit Innis and if we were to keep Kennedy for the rest of the season I feel we would have a good chance of the play-offs.

It was publicised about the cash turnstiles on here and in the sentinel. What it didn't say though was adults only, I saw blokes with kids who couldn't pay cash and then had to go and que for a ticket or probably go back home.

Grant and Kenedy had outstanding games, every other player who took to the pitch played their hearts out.

Probably one of the best games I've seen at Vale Park in the last 10 years. We totally dominated Coventry and they had more than enough assistance from the official at times. Lots of shirt tugging, wasting time, feigning injury and preventing quick restarts let go by the referee.

Well done Sam Kelly for a wonder strike. It really took something special to beat their keeper today who was well worthy of man of the match.

Keep it up Vale, more of the same on Saturday please.

Ok, firstly the negatives......

1.) Cash turnstile in the Bycars....would be nice if you publish it next time Norman, that way dozens of fans don't have to waste time queuing unnecessarily for a ticket in the driving rain. Why do Vale always make it so difficult for fans??

2.) Ryan McGivern....if there is anyone else we still thinks he's good enough for the centre of our defence, then please turn the light off on your way out. An absolutely calamitous performance. I said to my dad as soon as Innis went down "that's our clean sheet out of the window". Within 2 mins one of their guys waltzed around him and fired straight at Alnwick. A warning. Within 4 mins he had literally gifted Murphy his goal with a truly horrible piece of defending. It is decisions to play him instead of Streete that mean the supporters - certainly all those around me in the Bycars - will always doubt Page because it's akin to industrial espionage.

Otherwise, it was a great game that we totally bossed and it would frankly have been a travesty had we not picked up anything. With a fit Innis and if we were to keep Kennedy for the rest of the season I feel we would have a good chance of the play-offs.

I actually thought it was Duffy who gifted them the goal as his woeful challenge created the space behind for the Murphy to run into. Why does he insist on tackling on his back side? He jumped into the challenge and was then out of the game as the player ran free into the box. He continued to dive into tackles all game.

Shame about Innis. I'd have him and McGiven at the back, assuming Streete is still no where near the first team.

I actually thought it was Duffy who gifted them the goal as his woeful challenge created the space behind for the Murphy to run into. Why does he insist on tackling on his back side? He jumped into the challenge and was then out of the game as the player ran free into the box. He continued to dive into tackles all game.

Shame about Innis. I'd have him and McGiven at the back, assuming Streete is still no where near the first team.

You'd drop Duffy? He played well again today, and he's been one if not our best player this season.

Superb ninety minute performance from the team and but for a tremendous showing from their keeper we would have won by a mile. Shame about Inniss, he was commanding at the back until his injury. Byron and young Kennedy had good games and what an impact Kelly had again. The only downside to mine and other fans around me were from the 3 or 4 constant moaners behind me in the Lorne ST. Every week they moan constantly from start to finish and no one is spared their venom. When Kelly was coming on they were berating Page and asking him why he was bringing him on. Well they soon saw why and a few fans let them know as well when the goal went in. I could write on the back of a postage stamp in invisible ink what they know about football. Rant over because that was a great game to watch.

I thought AJ was unlucky. Most weeks he would have and 2 or 3, but their keeper was having one of those once in a season games. AJ's movement was fantastic and with someone upfront with him I think he will get more and more opportunities. Robinson had a better game today and I think we have a good prospect in Hooper!

Looking foward to seeing Kelly's goal again and again. Great atmosphere today. Looking foward to Saturday.

Archived