onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 1 Coventry City 1 post match comments

Fosse69

Advert

I actually thought it was Duffy who gifted them the goal as his woeful challenge created the space behind for the Murphy to run into. Why does he insist on tackling on his back side? He jumped into the challenge and was then out of the game as the player ran free into the box. He continued to dive into tackles all game.

Shame about Innis. I'd have him and McGiven at the back, assuming Streete is still no where near the first team.

Whilst Duffy didn't exactly cover himself in glory, McGivern was literally like a chocolate fire guard when Murphy ran at him. Dreadful. But you could see they were lifted when Innis went off because not only had he mopped "everything" up - and I used that loosely because they did literally nothing up front for the first 30 mins - but he was using the ball brilliantly from the back and stretching them in wide areas. McGivern is weak in the air, weak when someone is running at him and weak with his distribution. When he leaves Vale (hopefully in the Summer) he will be another one who ends up in non-league, you mark my words.

I would say that Folely and Granty are easily our best central midfield combo. I like MoC but he has been a shadow of his former self since coming back and doesn't have the dynamism as Folely.

Really exciting game today and we had miles more chances than them but their goalkeeper was outstanding, particularly the save from the deflected free kick. Our Wide men played very well today, good to see Byron Moore going forward and being positive taking on his man rather than going backwards to Purkiss. Kennedy played well too, he really works hard. Grant controlling midfield today very well. Real shame about Inniss, He is our best Centre half and McGivern came on and passed the ball to them under no pressure which led to their goal. Not sure about Robinson yet, although he was an improvement today compared to Tuesday. What a goal that was from Sam Kelly though.

for me, best game of the season by a country mile...... what a pity the moaning bugger in the bycars bogs could not put the same passion into supporting the team(he was ranting for page to be sacked and that streete would have prevented the goal ) , bet he was even moaning when kelly came on .....my bet for a top half finish is still on the cards.....well done page and all the players today ....

Was he from Biddulph?

for me, best game of the season by a country mile...... what a pity the moaning bugger in the bycars bogs could not put the same passion into supporting the team(he was ranting for page to be sacked and that streete would have prevented the goal ) , bet he was even moaning when kelly came on .....my bet for a top half finish is still on the cards.....well done page and all the players today ....

I know who you mean, I told him to **** off.

Duffy gave us the finger after we all groaned at a negative pass backwards when we were pressing forward. Actually it quite amused me. He's that sort of heart on the sleeve player; pretty vocal so disapplinning him would be harsh.

Grannty brilliant. AJ tracking back, brilliant.

I love Kennedy who is gaining confidence and seeking out the ball and wants it at his feet. When defending at times he seems to be confused as to were he should best position himself. I think that will improve the more he plays.

a great performance just a shame the wigan keeper had a wonder game how we went in at half time 1-0 down when we could have easily been winning 3 or 4-1. what a super finish from Kelly hes defo better coming off the bench. every player played well but grant and kennedy were brilliant. lets hope innis will be ok for next weekend.

Enjoyed today's game, excellent performance by the lads. Unfortunate that we had to see save of the season in that game as without their brilliant goalkeeper we would have won easily. Good to see Goal of the Season as well though, what a strike from the young lad Kelly.

a great performance just a shame the wigan keeper had a wonder game how we went in at half time 1-0 down when we could have easily been winning 3 or 4-1. what a super finish from Kelly hes defo better coming off the bench. every player played well but grant and kennedy were brilliant. lets hope innis will be ok for next weekend.

The Coventry keeper had a wonder game as well.

Just seen the goal on sky, along with Kelly's goal against Bury, goal of the season, the keeper even managed to get a hand onto that, would have been a complete injustice if we had lost that with that clearance off the line in the last minute.

We played like we did at the start of the season, Grant was awesome today, he seems back to his best, not sure if today with playing alongside Foley again, thought Foley had a shakey game myself. While not been a big fan of Byron Moore, Purkiss does seem to play a lot better when Moore in front of him.

Full credit to the team today, they ran themselves into the ground, Kennedy looked out of it after an hour but kept going on and had a terrific game.

Tuesday night it was boring and dull and people probably wouldn't want come back, that today was entertaining and left the ground thinking seen a proper game and roll on Saturday.

Archived