onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 1 Coventry City 1 post match comments

Fosse69

We played like lions ,I loved it and Sam Kelly take a bow what a goal beautiful .

Duffy has headed

Wide when it was easier head in .

Dicko who I had as first goalscorer has had a free kick which was deflected saved by there keeper somehow .

AJ could and should have had a hat trick bit there goalie has pulled off two saves and he has put another in the side netting when I thought gooaaarrrnnn son put it in .

Goalmouth scrambles aswell how the ball ain't fell for Vale I do not know .

Shame about Ryan Innis and there goal which was fantastic from there fans point of view but not mine rank bad defending I'd say .

Very good performance though Grant was exceptional Kennedy buzzed Moore flowed ,Foley clever ,it was very good! !

A team performance

Advert

Kelly's goal can't look as good on TV as it did from the bottom of the paddock, it hit the back of the net like a rocket.

Well done vale.

It looked very special from the Bycars, we were directly in line with it and it was right up there in the top corner. Looked like their keeper got fingertips to it but the power was too much for him. We were saying it would take something special to beat him and that's just what Kelly provided. Well done all, an excellent performance, we showed a level of energy and belief that's been absent for a few games.

Ok, firstly the negatives......

1.) Cash turnstile in the Bycars....would be nice if you publish it next time Norman, that way dozens of fans don't have to waste time queuing unnecessarily for a ticket in the driving rain. Why do Vale always make it so difficult for fans??

2.) Ryan McGivern....if there is anyone else we still thinks he's good enough for the centre of our defence, then please turn the light off on your way out. An absolutely calamitous performance. I said to my dad as soon as Innis went down "that's our clean sheet out of the window". Within 2 mins one of their guys waltzed around him and fired straight at Alnwick. A warning. Within 4 mins he had literally gifted Murphy his goal with a truly horrible piece of defending. It is decisions to play him instead of Streete that mean the supporters - certainly all those around me in the Bycars - will always doubt Page because it's akin to industrial espionage.

Otherwise, it was a great game that we totally bossed and it would frankly have been a travesty had we not picked up anything. With a fit Innis and if we were to keep Kennedy for the rest of the season I feel we would have a good chance of the play-offs.

2 comments from the Coventry forum "can somebody check that a Port Vale are playing with only 11 men, we are getting battered" and "totally outplayed us for 90 minutes" !!!!:)

We did batter them.Cracking performance.Those who went witnessed one of the best saves and one of the best goals they're ever likely to see.

What a cracking game of football how we didn't end up 4-5 nil up in the first half is beyond me totally dominated first half and part way second their keeper had outstanding game that save from Dickos deflected free kick was unbelievable !! Kennedy is looking a cracking player and is getting better with every game hope we can keep him till the end of the season

Grant again was outstanding and kept us in it at the end with one cleared off the line and some great tackles

We are going to tonk somebody one of these weeks if we can just get the ball to drop right for us in the box!

Ok, firstly the negatives......

1.) Cash turnstile in the Bycars....would be nice if you publish it next time Norman, that way dozens of fans don't have to waste time queuing unnecessarily for a ticket in the driving rain. Why do Vale always make it so difficult for fans??

2.) Ryan McGivern....if there is anyone else we still thinks he's good enough for the centre of our defence, then please turn the light off on your way out. An absolutely calamitous performance. I said to my dad as soon as Innis went down "that's our clean sheet out of the window". Within 2 mins one of their guys waltzed around him and fired straight at Alnwick. A warning. Within 4 mins he had literally gifted Murphy his goal with a truly horrible piece of defending. It is decisions to play him instead of Streete that mean the supporters - certainly all those around me in the Bycars - will always doubt Page because it's akin to industrial espionage.

Otherwise, it was a great game that we totally bossed and it would frankly have been a travesty had we not picked up anything. With a fit Innis and if we were to keep Kennedy for the rest of the season I feel we would have a good chance of the play-offs.

I though a negative spin would come about somewhere. We all knew it was cash turnstile !!

Archived