onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 1 Coventry City 1 post match comments

Fosse69

I actually thought it was Duffy who gifted them the goal as his woeful challenge created the space behind for the Murphy to run into. Why does he insist on tackling on his back side? He jumped into the challenge and was then out of the game as the player ran free into the box. He continued to dive into tackles all game.

Shame about Innis. I'd have him and McGiven at the back, assuming Streete is still no where near the first team.

I fear that Inniss is injury prone,he seems only able to play 2 or 3 games at a time before he gets an injury?

Advert

The legend ,Ticket Office Ted ,was on the turnstile in the RS.He could even use the scanner.Well done Ted.:D

He ****ing couldn't use it. He was the main reason there was a massive queue because he was only letting a fan in every ten minutes or so.

Looked like he didn't know how point the scanner correctly.

2 comments from the Coventry forum "can somebody check that a Port Vale are playing with only 11 men, we are getting battered" and "totally outplayed us for 90 minutes" !!!!:)

I have had enough of this football....i dont know if i will go again....damn this exciting stuff and not losing at home

Ok, firstly the negatives......

1.) Cash turnstile in the Bycars....would be nice if you publish it next time Norman, that way dozens of fans don't have to waste time queuing unnecessarily for a ticket in the driving rain. Why do Vale always make it so difficult for fans??

2.) Ryan McGivern....if there is anyone else we still thinks he's good enough for the centre of our defence, then please turn the light off on your way out. An absolutely calamitous performance. I said to my dad as soon as Innis went down "that's our clean sheet out of the window". Within 2 mins one of their guys waltzed around him and fired straight at Alnwick. A warning. Within 4 mins he had literally gifted Murphy his goal with a truly horrible piece of defending. It is decisions to play him instead of Streete that mean the supporters - certainly all those around me in the Bycars - will always doubt Page because it's akin to industrial espionage.

Otherwise, it was a great game that we totally bossed and it would frankly have been a travesty had we not picked up anything. With a fit Innis and if we were to keep Kennedy for the rest of the season I feel we would have a good chance of the play-offs.

Sorry i dont like to pick fault.....well i wont start now as i didn't bother to read any further than firstly the negatives because in all honesty there cant be any

for me, best game of the season by a country mile...... what a pity the moaning bugger in the bycars bogs could not put the same passion into supporting the team(he was ranting for page to be sacked and that streete would have prevented the goal ) , bet he was even moaning when kelly came on .....my bet for a top half finish is still on the cards.....well done page and all the players today ....

Superb ninety minute performance from the team and but for a tremendous showing from their keeper we would have won by a mile. Shame about Inniss, he was commanding at the back until his injury. Byron and young Kennedy had good games and what an impact Kelly had again. The only downside to mine and other fans around me were from the 3 or 4 constant moaners behind me in the Lorne ST. Every week they moan constantly from start to finish and no one is spared their venom. When Kelly was coming on they were berating Page and asking him why he was bringing him on. Well they soon saw why and a few fans let them know as well when the goal went in. I could write on the back of a postage stamp in invisible ink what they know about football. Rant over because that was a great game to watch.

Don't worry mate they're everywhere, two infront and one behind us in the Railway Stand in the first half! Best just leaving them to their sad little lives although I cant help giving them abit sometimes. Anyways great performance by the lads today horrible team they are and they nearly fluked another 1-0 against us. Special mention to Granty whos been extraordinary last two games!!!

Great game. That style of football is exactly what will bring the fans back. Coventry will be laughing all the way home as they know they were lucky to get a point out of today.

Every player gave their all and that is all I want as a Port Vale fan. I was happier today than I was on Tuesday night when we won and got three points . For me if we played every game like we did against Swindon that I am sure we would be at the wrong end of the table come the end of the season whereas if we could play like today then we would definitely be in the mix for promotion come May.

Grant was immense today although I really think every one played very well.

Roll on Saturday.

Archived