onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 3 Chesterfield 2, post match comments

mr.hobblesworth

Im still very much on the fence due to our away form. At home we seem extremely comfortable but the same old problems are still there. I would certainly give him more time but im still very much on the fence due to some shocking away days Ive seen.

I would keep Kelly in, if fit, I think he deserved it, but I think if Oconnor is fit he will play.

I think O'Connor will be back in but it wouldn't surprise me if Moore or Foley get rested and come on early in the second half. Both have done a lot of running in the last couple of days.

Advert

I would have happily taken a draw today given our schedule & against a decent footballing side that have always passed us off the park (or at least they did when Cook was manager). Delighted we've won.

The rest of the stag is equally delighted. We went through the whole range of human emotion in that 7 minute period on the train to Hamburg.

A better performance and a good result, but why oh why is there always something that makes the team go pieces and concede a goal in the last few minutes?

Doesn't matter too much when 2 goals ahead, players did ever so wel; to play the 2 games in 40 hrs or so and win them both.

Great win, must say I didn't expect that with 2 games in 3 days and crustyfields away form, not having a dig at Page but the substitutions were strange again, considering all the talk of tiredness in the players, he takes a goalkeeper off( unless he's injured) and takes Kelly off, the one player who shouldn't be tired.

Great win, must say I didn't expect that with 2 games in 3 days and crustyfields away form, not having a dig at Page but the substitutions were strange again, considering all the talk of tiredness in the players, he takes a goalkeeper off( unless he's injured) and takes Kelly off, the one player who shouldn't be tired.

Page said Alnwick had injured his back.

Re the players paying for their own hotel, I was told this before the Maidenhead game and thought it surprising that the club wouldn't pick up the tab in view of the fact that such a stay was only necessary because it was getting £33k off the telly people.

I thought that was an outstanding performance today in the circumstances.

What about the miss of the season by Ebanks- Blake!! How did he miss that,thank god he did though we would be discussing 2 points dropped instead of 3 points gained.Thank you Sylvan..

We'd have won anyway Phil.They wouldn't have scored the one they did if E-B had scored.Great miss though.;)

Archived