onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 3 Chesterfield 2, post match comments

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

I have noticed for the last few home games Alnwick has been stretching his back and legs as if there were a stiffness. Is it possible this explains his reluctance to go for the ball more.

At the start of the season one of his strengths was he could go through a crowd of players and punch the ball and sometimes take a player with him, he was certainly not afraid of going in amongst em. Of late he seems quite stagnant, is this why? Is it time perhaps ot rest him and bring in our other superb keeper for a run?

possibly alongside the wigan result as our equal best of the season. thought we made a decent chesterfield side look shocking especially when we settled down at 2-1. foley is turning out to be the buy of the season and nice surprise to see Kelly get a go today. why weren't the covers on to protect the pitch when snow was given out? were we trying to get the game called off so close to the maidenhead game?? drama at the back of the railway stand I heard was lardies infiltrating but I spose some of them are realising that vale play footy as opposed to the rugby played down the road at that shower :p I would've given AJLS man of the match today his movement and clever play was outstanding again and ches couldn't handle it. a massive result which pushes us on and im now looking forward to a Tuesday game for the first time this season.

by the way. what is happening with the atmosphere on Saturdays? its awful and has been since adams went.

I am putting my tin hat on...I felt with Foley back alongside Grant we were so much better in midfield than when O'Connor was there recently. I feel O'Connor has not reached his fitness yet and most certainly is not firing as much as last season. Well done Sam and Granty, you were both great today.

Great performance today and it was good to see Foley back in the middle. I agree he works far better with Grant than O'Connor. Both players had great games today and really worked hard.

Everyone put a shift in. I can't understand why substitutes were not used earlier by Page. Yates was skinned a few times later on and I would have brought Purkiss on. Yates has not played much and to ask him to do 2 90minutes in such a short period was a big ask. Dodds has worked his socks off over the past two games and I was surprised he lasted today. I would have taken him off for the last 15 minutes. Great goal though.

I'm sure the covers were left off in the hope that the game would be called off. In the end the pitch suited us with AJ turning his markers all the time. Some intelligent football played on a very sloppy pitch.

Well done lads.

Great win, must say I didn't expect that with 2 games in 3 days and crustyfields away form, not having a dig at Page but the substitutions were strange again, considering all the talk of tiredness in the players, he takes a goalkeeper off( unless he's injured) and takes Kelly off, the one player who shouldn't be tired.

Sorry to have to disagree, but Jak A was injured, that is why he came off. Kelly won't be fully match fit with it being hia first senior game in a while, so that seems pretty logical as well.

My only tiny disappointment in an otherwise most satisfying day was that I would have liked JJ to get 10 or 20 minutes when we were 3-1 up to see if he is likely to be more influential than an out-of-sorts Uche if we want a change up front.

The manager knows his job, and continues to make fools of some posters who see his selections, mouth off and then find they have not just egg but a large omelette on their faces.

O

Sorry to have to disagree, but Jak A was injured, that is why he came off. Kelly won't be fully match fit with it being hia first senior game in a while, so that seems pretty logical as well.

My only tiny disappointment in an otherwise most satisfying day was that I would have liked JJ to get 10 or 20 minutes when we were 3-1 up to see if he is likely to be more influential than an out-of-sorts Uche if we want a change up front.

The manager knows his job, and continues to make fools of some posters who see his selections, mouth off and then find they have not just egg but a large omelette on their faces.

I did put in brackets, unless Alnwick was injured.

Brilliant performance by the lads bearing in mind they'd only just played on Thursday. Grant sublime, Doddsie and AJ never stopped harassing their back four. McGivern and Duffy had great games. My worry are the two fullbacks. I will be glad when Purkiss gets back. Best game so far by Kelly. He does need to build up his upper body strength as he gets knocked off the ball too easily.

Archived