onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Page/Grew/Glover OUT!!

Biddulph_PV

Advert

One thing that is repeated on here is that some want Page to be able to prove himself with "his own " players. Page was working with Adams for quite a while so must have had some say in recruitment then? Fans are now saying get rid of Page's 2 stooges as they are useless and he needs to be "his own man." Wasn't Page in a similar position with Adams, yet lots on here waxed lyrical about Page then!

If Page was coach under Adams then he certainly hasn't improved, you just have to look at the way we defend, or not!

I've said I'm prepared to see if Page comes good but how much time do we give him? Could be far too late if he gets a contract after this campaign. It is clear we need a coach of players more than a manager at this point in time because we are showing absolutely NO signs whatsoever of improving defence wise and we all have been aware of our frailties there for yonks. All the absolute drivel spouted off in pre and post match interviews about working on the training pitch is laughable. A complete idiot can see nothing, I mean nothing changes at all week in week out as far as our inadequate defence is concerned and if our people in charge cannot recognise that then we are in for many more inept, unacceptable non performances by some wearing the shirt.

I could not agree more. I'd rather us play with 10 men to be honest. Awful player,by league one standards, would struggle in Knype Vic's team.

Anyway, it was with some considerable amazement that I read the Sentinel article on Che Adams and how Sheffield Utd beat us to his signature. Does anyone seriously believe that if he had signed and we'd been involved in a similar match against Premier League opponents, that he'd have been given any game time??? Which goes to prove that if you're good enough, you're old enough, none of this 3rd year of development bullsh!t.

I was stood near Jim Gannon at Norton last year and even he said he was considering putting his boots back on after watching birchall play he is that bad.

A clear out in the summer,which Adams should have done this last summer,is required.Id like Page to suceed with his different style of football.New coaches and new players are required.Id have taken survival when he took over.I think that will be achieved comfortably IMO.I was slated on here for saying Adams had been lazy in the summer.I was proved right within a month.Im not saying we are playing well at the moment but I've seen a lot worse.The last 2 games we could easily have won and we'd now be sitting in a playoff spot.A bit of patience is needed.

People say that the football under Page is better than under Adams need to really look at how the two shape up. Adams was a dinosaur of route one. Page's style to me is actually worse in my opinion. Yes we pass the ball more, but only across the back four which lets the opposition to get back and set their stall out then we hit long balls into the corners for either Williamson or Marshall to chase. Then the ball is crossed into the area whether their is someone in the area or not and if we do have a player in the box, we are not good enough to win headers.

We have won a few games under Page but the only game which we were the best side throughout the game was probably Colchester away. A lot of games we were lucky to get three points if you view the games honestly.

Every season there is a team that goes in freefall and gets relegated, I just hope this season it is not us. We need Pope to keep us up, that's for sure.

Is it any coincidence That our really poor form has been since glover has been involved with the first,you read this smurf please get rid of him

In the early days of Pagey's reign Grew was always on the phone and looking up to someone high up in the Lorne Street stand. Was this Deano? Agree performances have taken a dive since he has been close to the dugout and appears to be calling the shots / telling Page what we should be doing.

In the early days of Pagey's reign Grew was always on the phone and looking up to someone high up in the Lorne Street stand. Was this Deano? Agree performances have taken a dive since he has been close to the dugout and appears to be calling the shots / telling Page what we should be doing.

Dan the analyst is always on the gantry in the Lorne Street and he communicates with the bench during games so it is perfectly possible that this is who Grew was talking to.

Give Page a chance to assemble his own team first as well as his own backroom staff! Obviously the Crewe game was a massive setback but if we carry on our excellent recent home form and start to knick a few points here and there away, we'll be fine. He's already achieved a huge amount in his time here so if he is given until the summer and is provided with a good budget, hopefully we can push on next season with a squad that is his own!

Archived