onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Page/Grew/Glover OUT!!

Biddulph_PV

I keep hearing let him assemble his own back room staff and pick his own players in the summer but who says that Rob believes he needs too? Who says that he will also get the budget to bring in new players? He may feel that Grew and the other back room team are up to the job and wants to continue to work with them.

I think a few people are getting ideas above the clubs station.!!!

Advert

Glass half full type are we?

nope, I was full of optimism until I witnessed the shambles versus crewe and I realised then that the playing staff are struggling with pages pattern of play, they aren't good enough to play his way,by the time they've thought it through the opposition have tracked back and reformed, he should be working out a system which suits the players not the other way round,the last thing port vale need is a watered down revie plan,didnt work for him either.

Stuart Pearce is available. Actually, I think we're better sticking with the bloke who has got us from 2nd bottom to comfortably mid table.

Or go for Gareth Ainsworth...a bloke who is having a tremendous season and turning the situation round at Wycombe quite stunningly.

I said at the time of his appointment that it smacked of a cheap option by Smurthwaite, making a change whilst very much keeping the status quo which isn't what was required. He had a half decent start, honeymoon period, dead cat bounce effect call it what you like but the few times I've seen Vale since he was appointed they've been poor and I don't see the new managers stamp on the team at all. The player recruitment policy just baffles me and I hope he wasn't appointed as a yes man to facilitate Smurthwaite's ego in thinking he can get involved with spotting players when he shouldn't be getting involved.

Probably get shot down for the above and some may say it's harsh, and I sincerely hope I'm wrong but the team seem to be drifting when actually a good run could put them right in the thick of the play offs.

Sadly to date I have not found a cheap option anywhere relating to PVFC.

I suppose you would buy a house before looking at it and having a survey whereas I need to be certain your money (assuming you contribute to the running of the Club) and mine is invested wisely

Rob has had to work with what he inherited not what he chose so difficult to judge his true ability unless as you suggest he is to busy sucking up to me pampering my ego

Touché. But re: my comment regarding recruitment I do find your input a tad baffling. Who recruits the players and who has the final say you or the manager?

In the 6 weeks prior to appointment both Rob and I viewed players since appointment Rob and backroom staff appraise and I decide if finances allow

Next season as last Manager given budget selects players and I negotiate with Player/Agent

I am still unsure about Page, he is new to management and I am sure he will say he is learning all the time. Results wise he has done a very good job of turning things around, however his selection of Dodds, Birchall, and Williamson as our forward line along with his reluctance to play Robertson, our only defender with any ability in the air leaves me questioning his judgment.

Our coaching staff leaves a lot to be desired, Smurf is totally wasting his time and cash signing promising youngsters as we just do not have the coaching staff to guide and improve these players. Morsy and Knott the most promising youngsters for a few seasons made the correct decision in that to improve they needed to leave.

I am still unsure about Page, he is new to management and I am sure he will say he is learning all the time. Results wise he has done a very good job of turning things around, however his selection of Dodds, Birchall, and Williamson as our forward line along with his reluctance to play Robertson, our only defender with any ability in the air leaves me questioning his judgment.

Our coaching staff leaves a lot to be desired, Smurf is totally wasting his time and cash signing promising youngsters as we just do not have the coaching staff to guide and improve these players. Morsy and Knott the most promising youngsters for a few seasons made the correct decision in that to improve they needed to leave.

You post as if we have an abundance of options

Knott went for the bigger pay cheque and I was not strong enough at the time to stand up to MA and do what a strong Chairman should of done and retain Morsey a decision I regret most Saturdays when I check up on his progress

Archived