onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Page/Grew/Glover OUT!!

Biddulph_PV

Advert

Sadly to date I have not found a cheap option anywhere relating to PVFC.

I suppose you would buy a house before looking at it and having a survey whereas I need to be certain your money (assuming you contribute to the running of the Club) and mine is invested wisely

Rob has had to work with what he inherited not what he chose so difficult to judge his true ability unless as you suggest he is to busy sucking up to me pampering my ego

I can't believe You replied to a stoke fan On the wind up Smurf.

I am still unsure about Page, he is new to management and I am sure he will say he is learning all the time. Results wise he has done a very good job of turning things around, however his selection of Dodds, Birchall, and Williamson as our forward line along with his reluctance to play Robertson, our only defender with any ability in the air leaves me questioning his judgment.

Our coaching staff leaves a lot to be desired, Smurf is totally wasting his time and cash signing promising youngsters as we just do not have the coaching staff to guide and improve these players. Morsy and Knott the most promising youngsters for a few seasons made the correct decision in that to improve they needed to leave.

suggesting Robertson is good in the air has me questioing your judgement. He can't head a ball unless it hits him.

Happy to.....

- lack of clean sheets (1 all season and that against a side who had there 3 best players missing)

- so slow and lacklustre when in possession, usually leading to us lumping it long. I guarantee that if you looked at the possession stats from our games in the majority of them we will be behind. Sooner or later this will start to hurt you.l

- Dany N'Guessan a winger? Do me a favour. And them compounding this by lumping it into the box for Williamson to win!

- Birchall for the injured Williamson??? This the only substition even when chasing the game with attacking options on the bench?? WTF!?! Even when we were winning the subs were getting boo'ed!!

- set plays....can't defend them or score from them!! Do we even practice beating the first man??

- campion....11 in 7 for the reserves, can't get a game. Nimely....good enough for Coventry and Bolton, but not us. Deen Conteh......good enough for Chelsea's CL squad at one time.....not good enough for us. Enoch whatever his name is.......good enough for Porto, but not Port Vale. Even Streete didn't get a look in for the 1st month, even when we were shipping goals for fun. Could get on Newcastle's bench though. And don't evenget me started on Byron Moore.

Tell me if I've missed anything.

As I said before, I agree with you viz defensive frailties but the rest of your reasoning is very subjective. Rob Page sees the players in training every day and makes his choices on what he sees. If Campion had been fit on Saturday he'd have got a chance, who knows why Byron Moore didn't come on Saturday, my guess is his mindset still isn't right (I hope he sorts this out and quick).

The most worrying thing for me is the fact that Page was quoted as saying that Birchall has a long term future at Port Vale. I'm sorry but though he may be a lovely bloke it is players like Birchall that will lose Page his job.

Football management is dog eat dog I'm afraid and unless the boss is ruthless he won't keep his job very long.

The most worrying thing for me is the fact that Page was quoted as saying that Birchall has a long term future at Port Vale. I'm sorry but though he may be a lovely bloke it is players like Birchall that will lose Page his job.

Football management is dog eat dog I'm afraid and unless the boss is ruthless he won't keep his job very long.

Totally agree, dos he actually say that though, all I can find is an article that quotes Birchall saying Page sees him as part of his long term plans.

Clone of Adams.

Too much loyalty shown to clearly average at best players.

Perhaps being a "clone of Adams" as you put it, isn't too bad? Mickey seems already to be turning things around for Tranmere! Every manager will have their "favourites" as you again put it--they are the ones who see who is putting in the effort during training, know the players' personalities better than anyone--so it's inevitable that a manager should have his favoured options and this doesn't necessarily make him a bad manager!

- poor defensively

- poor in possession

- poor tactically / team selections

- poor substitutions

- poor set plays

- poor signings that haven't contributed anything to the team

I agree Page is Micky Adams clone players sitting on the bench not been given a chance Campion 11 goals in 5 games and can't get a full game, come on Page give the others a chance.

Smurf. Please can I just tell you what we had to endure when Glover last had his hands on the 1st team! It's painfully negative football, with results few and far between. A little like what we're seeing now if we're honest.

The coach is as equally as an important role as that of the manager. If you want to make sure you get the full value for your money, then take a look at the coach.

You've had the survey, bought the house and decorated. Don't let the tenant wreck all the work so far...

Archived