onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Page/Grew/Glover OUT!!

Biddulph_PV

Advert

Some tricky games coming up in February?

Port Vale v Bradford Sat 7 Feb 3pm

Bristol City v Port Vale Tue 10 Feb 7.45pm

Walsall v Port Vale Sat 14 Feb 3pm

Port Vale v Doncaster Sat 21 Feb 3pm

Notts County v Port Vale Sat 28 Feb 3pm

Bradford will come here like a wounded animal after their 1-1 draw to Colchester today, Bristol City will possibly walk the floor with us, whilst Walsall and Doncaster are both in good form, leaving County as the only foreseeable 'easy' game. It's going to be very tough.

It's part of the season. We are now on the run of games which brought about Adams' resignation. Patience is needed. Even the back room staff needs to be built over a period of time and it may well be that Grew and Glover were the only ones available at the time. It could also be that backroom staff are appointed by the chairman rather than the manager. I think I'm right in saying that this is the first time we have lost two successive games under Page. Let's see how he deals with it before jumping to conclusions.

The Chairman thinks the squad is good enough,the Chairman has been signing players, do you think Page might be playing the game with his hands tied?

Are you happy with that scenario? Anyone with any spherical objects would walk if that was the case. Page could have signed players on loan but has said he is happy with his squad. That proves he is not the man for the job.

As for Glover working with the first team, brought in by Page, what else needs saying. Farcical.

Andoh and Deen Conteh are playing in the Final Third development league for a reason, they need development to become regular first team contenders. I don't think they are at the same stage as Nathan Smith with regards to playing in the first team.

That's probably true but I guarentee they'd do a better job that Chris birchall.

Are you happy with that scenario? Anyone with any spherical objects would walk if that was the case. Page could have signed players on loan but has said he is happy with his squad. That proves he is not the man for the job.

As for Glover working with the first team, brought in by Page, what else needs saying. Farcical.

No I'm not at all happy with that scenario, how many jobs are available in the football league not that many for a first time managerial post so why would he walk? And do you honestly believe Page can sign players on loan, the Chairman signs all the "Development" players the Chairman has admitted he scouts for players Page toes the line.

Re Glover I agree

Some tricky games coming up in February?

Port Vale v Bradford Sat 7 Feb 3pm

Bristol City v Port Vale Tue 10 Feb 7.45pm

Walsall v Port Vale Sat 14 Feb 3pm

Port Vale v Doncaster Sat 21 Feb 3pm

Notts County v Port Vale Sat 28 Feb 3pm

we'll be lucky to get 4 points out of that lot.

If Page walks we might end up with Glover in a caretaker role...I don't know what's worse Gannon or Glover. And Glover might bring back Danny Glover to replace Popey..the world is bright...the world is Glover...:shutup:

if that happens then my support for the club finishes.

That's probably true but I guarentee they'd do a better job that Chris birchall.

I could not agree more. I'd rather us play with 10 men to be honest. Awful player,by league one standards, would struggle in Knype Vic's team.

Anyway, it was with some considerable amazement that I read the Sentinel article on Che Adams and how Sheffield Utd beat us to his signature. Does anyone seriously believe that if he had signed and we'd been involved in a similar match against Premier League opponents, that he'd have been given any game time??? Which goes to prove that if you're good enough, you're old enough, none of this 3rd year of development bullsh!t.

Archived