onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 1 Rochdale 0 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Advert

We won. The season is over. Chris robertson you had a stormer you CANT be dropped after that well played son

After today's result, I can't see any of the defenders who were out today playing next week, though the midfield set up with Brown, who really knows how to defend from the middle, must have been key to the victory. Much rather see one goal when we win than three when we lose!

First class performance. Disciplined, organised and dangerous on the break. Although Rochdale had alot of the ball they were forced on numerous occasions to concede possession. It was clear the tactic had been worked on and it was refreshing to see a plan in practice. Thought Veseli looked far more assured at centre half.

What we've been crying out for but could you see Griff scoring that goal. Pure ability.

No he wouldn't have scored that in a million years.

The most impressive thing about Rob Page is that for the first time in years I feel like we outsmarted the opposition. Stopped them playing and created a few decent chances, despite quite a few individuals being a bit ropey. Their passing was much better individually but we never got sucked in. Just believed that if we played to the plan we would do enough. the only way they'd have scored today would have been a defensive **** up.

Reminded me of crewe against us really. Yes we were awful v crewe but we went out with the usual tactics and paid no attention to them. Page isn't scared to set up teams to counter opposition threats and target weaknesses.

You can tell he's learning but there is so man my positives over the past few weeks for me.

Thought that was a brilliant win and possibly our most impressive under page. I say this because of the injuries to key players and the fact that we didnt play particularly well, especially in the first half.

For me the team selection was spot on, but we sat far too deep first half and looked scared of attacking and gave them far too much respect. Marshall was ineffective and too deep and there was no support for nguessan.

Second half we were much better and controlled the game when we needed to, countered well and most importantly defended superbly.

Ive said all season and taken a lot of criticism on here that veseli is a very good player and today showed that, brilliant and very calm. Robertson was also superb and won every single header and was very vocal. Dickinson was better as he stuck to his position, still dodgy especially in the first half with very poor distribution but a vast improvement from past games.

Neal 7: Good save in the second half and was as safe as ever.

Yates 8: Very solid and a good cross for the goal.

Robertson 9: Won every header, much better than having duffy in the side.

Veseli 9: Excellent, calm on the ball, intercepted well, much better at centre back than right back.

Dickinson 6: Better than he has been by a distance, but still very lacking. Still would bring mcgivern back against mk.

Marshall 7: First half poor, second half excellent.

Lines 7: As above, didnt influence the game first half but got on the ball much more in the second.

Oconnor 8: He put a real shift in today, chased everything.

Brown 8: We need him to play every week, he disrupts everything the opposition has and scored a great goal.

Daniel 9: Brilliant and probably my man of the match, some great runs with real power and pace.

Nguessan 7: Held the ball up very well and had very little support.

Williamson 6: Ran well, lots of effort and a simple and awful miss.

Overall its a fantastic win that we deserved against a side with some very good players, defensively and tactically excellent.

Great result against the divisions top away scorers, Brown Robbo, Vesali and Neal All superb. I thought their no 9 was their best player then realised it was Calvin Andrew, credit to Page for getting the tactics spot on, glad he's not a one trick pony.

Archived