onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 1 Rochdale 0 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Advert

Under Rob Page, we've played 9, won 5, drawn 2, lost 2. That's 17 points from 9 games. Over a season that would give us 87 points. Whether we are able to continue this form is a moot point but to be honest, I don't think any other manager could have done any better.

Under Rob Page, we've played 9, won 5, drawn 2, lost 2. That's 17 points from 9 games. Over a season that would give us 87 points. Whether we are able to continue this form is a moot point but to be honest, I don't think any other manager could have done any better.

Jean,i think he has most certainly proved his doubters wrong

What we've been crying out for but could you see Griff scoring that goal. Pure ability.

It was a very intelligent finish. Most players would have tried to hit it clean and blast it over, to hit it down and let the bounce out fox the 'keeper showed Brown's experience and quality

I agree, brilliant tactics today, I wasnt overly impressed with the apppointment of page, but so far hes doing fantastic

I heard a lot of people complaining around me about how deep we were sitting but I thought the tactics were spot on from Page.

Credit to Rochdale and Keith Hill for trying to pass the ball but we were very positionally disciplined and they couldn't break down the 5 in midfield, all of their passing was sideways or backwards. They had no plan B and we hit them on the counter numerous times.

The centre halves were superb and Yates was quietly consistent. Brown shielded the back 4 excellently and looked calm in distribution. Colin Daniel got the ground on their feet every time he got the ball.

IMHO N'Guessan holds the ball up better than Pope and we looked very dangerous breaking today as we could play it into him safe in the knowledge he'd lay it off to someone.

Very, very pleased with today. Intelligent, efficient performance. :D

As good a result is this was, let's put a bit of context around it, namely they had their best attacking players out! The first half was some of the most turgid football I've ever seen - had Glover's and Grew's stamp all over it. Our sole tactic seemed to be Neal's persistently long kicks to the left hand side, completely mystifying as we never won a single ball from it. Ridiculous and so predictable that even the ref shuffled over to that side of the pitch every time we had a goal kick. Apart from Williamsons absolute howler, which came from their mistake, of the two times that we managed to get behind them, we scored and had one scrambled away. Too many sideways passes and long balls, and at times looked all very pedestrian. But, that's yet another time who have completely "out-footballer" us.

Archived