onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 1 Rochdale 0 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Are you alright? Daniel was my and everyone around me's Man of the Match

I have seen who you sit with, I'm delighted you disagree with me .

Anyone who thought Daniel had a good game needs their head checking. I was sat with people who are involved with football at a high level. They were moaning about him more than me. Speaks volumes.

Advert

Since Marshall pulled up last week I think he's got a hamstring issue. His leg was taped today and it was noticeable that he came in field a number of times when he had the ball. He didn't look comfortable trying to go past people and if think he's trying not to get a full blown injury.
Nice to see someone else see what is patently obvious with regard to Marshall. Vale are playing a dangerous game playing the lad when a week off might see him back to his full fitness.

He is currently half of the lad who started the season due entirely to his lack of fitness. All the medics will tell you a 'hamstring tweak' needs a 2 week rest.

So if I was Page I would give him a week off against MK.

Remember the old saying 'a stitch in time prevents nine!'. Replace the stitches with games. Marshy is too brave for his own good.

Anyone who thought Daniel had a good game needs their head checking. I was sat with people who are involved with football at a high level. They were moaning about him more than me. Speaks volumes.

I thought that he 'came alive' with his superb run in the first half and had a very good second half. I'm no great fan of his but he was good value for money yesterday. I also thought that our central defenders were both superb. There were times in the first half in particulat that you could be forgiven for thinking that we were the away team with the way we played. That said we did the job well and bagged some very valuable points against a very good team.

Ooooh, aren't you very clever with your high-ranking friends.

Every thinks Daniel played well apart from you. I get that people can have differing opinions but Daniel did a lot of good things yesterday and was at worst a 6/10, not a 3/10.

Nice to see someone else see what is patently obvious with regard to Marshall. Vale are playing a dangerous game playing the lad when a week off might see him back to his full fitness.

He is currently half of the lad who started the season due entirely to his lack of fitness. All the medics will tell you a 'hamstring tweak' needs a 2 week rest.

So if I was Page I would give him a week off against MK.

Remember the old saying 'a stitch in time prevents nine!'. Replace the stitches with games. Marshy is too brave for his own good.

He will have two weeks off after next week anyway.

What's a high level? Do they play at altitude in Bolivia or Ecuador? ;)

Daniel was one of the men of the match. For 1 "fan" to say he was rubbish is exactly to be taken for what that opinion is worth....nothing! Clearly that fan's drinking ought to be curbed if he cannot see a good performance!

Yes, Brown did "mi****" his shot. He ran onto the ball and leathered it but it dug deep into the turf and bounced up into the net. OK, he was shooting at the goal but I feel he would be honest enough to admit he meant the shot to be direct at goal, not into the ground! Our luck though saw it fly past their goalie.

Marshall is definitely carrying a leg injury but the sheer sight of him in our team puts the fear of God into opponents.

Very well disciplined defence from the off yesterday and it did seem Page set out to starve them out of the game and I'm certain he would have taken a hard fought draw before kick off. Bonus was that we actually were the better side after our goal and if only Ben had put his sitter away we could all have sighed a big relief before the final whistle.

Only one thing concerned me and yes it was Dicko. He did improve but it looks like no training or words from Management can get through to him that he is a full back and he should not wander aimlessly into the middle all the time, leaving their attackers acres of space!

Well done Vale, really good win.

I watch my footie from a high level too, up by the Boxes :dizzy: and whilst I prefer Daniel to do his work down the middle I had to laugh at the fabulous good old fashioned drop of the left shoulder that did their defender on the half way line at the start of that great run in the first half. Straight out of my lumbering overweight 5 a side performances of yesteryear that always worked.

Popeye after match comments were very interesting in that most importantly the players genuinely believe they are good enough for the play offs.

Have to say that after going 1 up it was the first time this season that I have looked at us from up on high and even a really well marshalled defence and it says a lot that a decent passing side gave up in the end and resorted to lobbing long high balls forward.

Next two matches will give true indication.

Only disappointing thing for me today was that on the radio Page seemed as if he can't wait to bring back Duffy and McGivern. Every time he speaks about Robertson it's as if he really doesn't like him or rate him. Him and Veseli deserve and have earned a starting shirt for next week in my eyes.

You're right there. Every time Radio Stoke have asked Page a question over the past few weeks about Robertson he's answered 'you'll have to ask him that'. It does seem Page has made his mind up about him.

I'll be very disappointed if we change the CB's. It's the only convincing clean sheet, playing 11 men that we've kept.

Archived