onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 1 Rochdale 0 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

I have seen who you sit with, I'm delighted you disagree with me .

Anyone who thought Daniel had a good game needs their head checking. I was sat with people who are involved with football at a high level. They were moaning about him more than me. Speaks volumes.

So everyone needs their head checking? Wake up you clown. Who cares who you sit with, your blatantly wrong, Daniel broke with pace running into good areas and won many free kicks, out of interest what could he have done better? I'm sure you do this every week just go against the majority.

Advert

Whilst I thought the back four did well yesterday in keeping Rochdale out, I would swop Robertson for McGivern. At times in the first half Dickinson had to protect the whole of the left side as the other three, being right footed, tended to move to the right where they were more comfortable. McGivern will give us more balance. I also thought Veseli did enough to keep his place over a poor Duffy, although being Welsh he will no doubt be brought back (prove me wrong Rob).

As for Daniel i thought that was his best game for the Vale.

Despite the usual differences of opinion on OVF on the game, we all have to agree it was an excellent result given our issues in defence and that we do struggle to keep clean sheets. Yes Rochdale had most of their first team forwards out but teams cannot be reliant on one area getting the goals. Calvin Andrew did miss two good heading opportunuites in the first half that probably would have made a difference to the way the game went because with the system we set up, it was vital if any goal was scored first, it was us that got it.

In the end the 3 best chances of the game went solely to us. Frustration clearly got to Rochdale in the last 10/15 minutes because they were simply lumping the ball up which was food and drink to Robertson and the defence. Yes it was a "ground out a result performance" and as a friend said coming out of the ground, one of those whereby you will only remember it for being 3 points on the board. At the end of the day though, those types of games are the ones that can be the difference between you being succesful in your aims or failing. So well done Rob Page for showing the initiative to change things when you need to.

Daniel was one of the men of the match. For 1 "fan" to say he was rubbish is exactly to be taken for what that opinion is worth....nothing! Clearly that fan's drinking ought to be curbed if he cannot see a good performance!

Yes, Brown did "mi****" his shot. He ran onto the ball and leathered it but it dug deep into the turf and bounced up into the net. OK, he was shooting at the goal but I feel he would be honest enough to admit he meant the shot to be direct at goal, not into the ground! Our luck though saw it fly past their goalie.

Marshall is definitely carrying a leg injury but the sheer sight of him in our team puts the fear of God into opponents.

Very well disciplined defence from the off yesterday and it did seem Page set out to starve them out of the game and I'm certain he would have taken a hard fought draw before kick off. Bonus was that we actually were the better side after our goal and if only Ben had put his sitter away we could all have sighed a big relief before the final whistle.

Only one thing concerned me and yes it was Dicko. He did improve but it looks like no training or words from Management can get through to him that he is a full back and he should not wander aimlessly into the middle all the time, leaving their attackers acres of space!

Well done Vale, really good win.

Brown hit the ball in to the turf and it bounced up to mid body height. But the important thing is that he intended keeping the ball down and did, he didn't blast it in to the stand, he put it in the side of the goal with reasonable power out of reach of the goalkeeper. It was also not an easy take coming from the wide right he needed a 90% change in direction and achieved that with the correct direction in to the corner of the goal. There were a number of other players out there with equivalent chances to shoot who found the corner flag and / or row z during the game. We need to give him credit no matter if it wasn't a totally perfect strike that would have seen it rocket in the corner, it was still far too good for the goalkeeper. From behind the goal we had a proper view of this.

Delighted with the result. However before we scored how many of you were genuinely happy with the performance?

All I heard was moaning and no singing from the Vale.

From our best move of the match we scored, Brown mi**** it into the ground and got a lucky bounce.

However once we scored we were by far the better side and for the first time this season we looked rock solid at the back.

All those defenders have been available all season and most of us have been crying out for Brown to be included for a good while.

My concern is that Page didn't pick them they picked themselves. Would he have gone with that formation and back line if he had a full squad to choose from? I doubt it.

Finally, neither would I because Dickinson would never be on any team sheet of mine - absolute liability. The fact that posters are saying good things about him today simply because he didn't make his usual total faux pas speaks volumes.

BTW Popey is a quality summariser and spoke lots of sense after the match.

Other than that you are quite happy with his 5 wins 2 draws and 2 defeats in the League?? We have only lost 1 in 6 you know.......I just struggle to understand how people have to go out and find negatives all the time

Great win but thought it masked a really poor game.

We were dreadful first half. The game plan worked & Page deserves lots of credit for that but I wouldnt want to see the team set up like that too many times at home.

It was a very defensive set up, against a team who never really looked like scoring. I thought they were there to be beaten 2/3-0.

Yes Rochdale passed the ball nicely but its easy to do that between 4-5 players on the half way line with no opposition pressure. Personally I thought Walsall, Bristol City & Barnsley all passed the ball better than Rochdale out of the teams Ive seen this season.

Still 3 points is 3 points.

He said on the radio that's not the way he wants to play at home but he did it for a reason yesterday and it worked for me the man has more tactical nouse than Adams had

Brown mis hit the goal, are you sure? It was a great finish

That was my view of it too as it was the only thing he could do to get a chance of a goal and he did it, hit it into the ground hoping for it to loop over the keeper but as I said some even have to try and turn the goal into a negative.

I have seen who you sit with, I'm delighted you disagree with me .

Anyone who thought Daniel had a good game needs their head checking. I was sat with people who are involved with football at a high level. They were moaning about him more than me. Speaks volumes.

Then they all must of been ****** tbh

I know you like to be a bit controversial on here but I think you have said all this for a reaction and you have got it,for me and it looks like many of us(although as you say we obviously know nothing about football unlike the people you sat with) he pushed it very close for motm and if he had got a goal then he would have been way in front for that honour

I was sat with people who are involved with football at a high level. They were moaning about him more than me. Speaks volumes.

The entire population of the FIFA HQ in Switzerland are involved in football at a high level but I'd still check the calendar if they told me what day it was.

Would you tell us what these people were saying about Daniel. We might then be able to understand why they thought he was so poor because I'm beggared if I can see how anyone could give his performance yesterday a 3.

Archived