onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Close season new players rumours

I'd take any of:

Young (Plymouth),

However, Conor Hourihane from Plymouth would be a top signing!

:laugh:

He has been realised for a reason and to sign him would be a step back. However what I would say is that he would bring more to the side than Chris Birchall would

No he wouldn't. Chris Birchall is a much better footballer than Ashley ''I only play when it's warm" Vincent.

Advert

He has been realised for a reason and to sign him would be a step back. However what I would say is that he would bring more to the side than Chris Birchall would

Completely agree and i thought vincent was garbage in his final few months with us, however when his confidence was up he was unplayable.

:laugh:

No he wouldn't. Chris Birchall is a much better footballer than Ashley ''I only play when it's warm" Vincent.

What has Birchall done this year too earn a contract I dont get it? He lacks pace, no good in the air, he cant tackle, he doesnt score much from midfield (compared to jmw, loft). He is such a good football that griff has made more appearances then him this season!!!

Westcarr has had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus. He always seems to score a few but that to me suggests he has issues!

I'd spotted the lad at Forest Green before, seems a good goalscorer although in the conference, perhaps Hughes could put in a good word for us? Hourihane has also had an excellent season at Plymouth I think he scored against us in the replay didn't he?

Westcarr has had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus. He always seems to score a few but that to me suggests he has issues!

I'd spotted the lad at Forest Green before, seems a good goalscorer although in the conference, perhaps Hughes could put in a good word for us? Hourihane has also had an excellent season at Plymouth I think he scored against us in the replay didn't he?

Walsall fans say he is crap (Westcarr) and really poor finisher, even though he always seems to get 15 or so goals. Dont think he would be too bad of a signing to be honest, proven goal scorer. That Hourihane would be a great signing.

I'd take any of:

Mark Connolly (Crawley), Clarke (Crawley), McEveley (Swindon), N'Guessan (Swindon), Young (Plymouth), Reda Johnson (Sheff Wed), Gardner (Sheff Wed), Clarke (Huddersfield), Woods (Huddersfield).

I'd also take Edgar and Treacy from Burnley as well as Leigertwood from Reading but i feel they are unrealistic. However, Conor Hourihane from Plymouth would be a top signing!

Reda Johnson would be a very good signing,a good goals record for a defender too

Liam Fontaine and Marvin Elliott would be decent signings. Both released by Bristol City.

Curtis Nelson has signed a new contract so he won't be coming to us. Regarding Westcarr, that is a tough one as he scores goals but is he the type of striker we need? I don't think so...

Some decent players released by Barnsley. Bobby Hassell, Kelvin Etuhu, Paddy McCourt, Martin Woods, Lawrence and even Frimpong would be good signings.

I think most of the released players will be budget driven

James O'Connor (the bald one we had on loan a few years ago, not the ginge who used to play for Stoke) has been released by Derby.

He went on to be a decent player for Bournemouth and Doncaster after playing for us.

Archived