onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Embarrassment.

valiant_593

Advert

Just a thought.

Would it be possible for decent Vale fans to form some kind of club between them that would enable us to purchase away tickets for members only, in a block, to sit together in "safe " areas? We could purchase block tickets so we all could sit together and away from scum/numpties etc , who would not be able to purchase tickets near to us all? Each away game would mean members of this club could , in advance, let the organiser know they wished to have seats with like minded members and the organiser would purchase the block of required tickets. I realise this seems simple but no doubt the more learned of you decent fans could comment and suggest tweaks or possible alternatives to this. It would mean a good deal of organising, I know but may be a start as to what we can do as genuine fans to prevent situations arising where we have to sit by or near any hooligan/idiot/ pratt etc.

I only offer this as an suggestion as it does appear we do want to solve the problem but no one seems to know how to start. My thought is an opening gambit and I look forward to learning what Vale's decent, peace loving fans want to add so we can all attend away games and at least sit together with safety and leave the bile to get their own tickets, far away from us as possible.

I think that's a bit silly tbh..So basically if your getting a group of tickets for you and your mates,youve got tell them if your an hooligan or not?

Yes weve got an hooligan problem but **** some of you need get of your high horses..I saw women and old men swearing and doing hand gestures to the Wolves fans yesterday..Are they hooligans??Are they scum/numpties??

Just a thought.

Would it be possible for decent Vale fans to form some kind of club between them that would enable us to purchase away tickets for members only, in a block, to sit together in "safe " areas? We could purchase block tickets so we all could sit together and away from scum/numpties etc , who would not be able to purchase tickets near to us all? Each away game would mean members of this club could , in advance, let the organiser know they wished to have seats with like minded members and the organiser would purchase the block of required tickets. I realise this seems simple but no doubt the more learned of you decent fans could comment and suggest tweaks or possible alternatives to this. It would mean a good deal of organising, I know but may be a start as to what we can do as genuine fans to prevent situations arising where we have to sit by or near any hooligan/idiot/ pratt etc.

I only offer this as an suggestion as it does appear we do want to solve the problem but no one seems to know how to start. My thought is an opening gambit and I look forward to learning what Vale's decent, peace loving fans want to add so we can all attend away games and at least sit together with safety and leave the bile to get their own tickets, far away from us as possible.

It's a start.

I had my say on yesterday (post 174) and I will leave it at that.

Looking at the bigger picture of hooliganism I'm afraid that the Police will always struggle to contain the cancer that has infected football.

I have said on different threads in the past that your average football fan is treated as an hooligan. My friends father is in his early 70's & was prevented from walking up the Hamil which is where he lives because of local Policing during hi - profile home games. How can that be right?

Murderers/Rapists have more rights walking the streets than your average football fan! The Police have a difficult job but tarnishing every football fan with the same brush is not the answer.

IMO yesterday was all about stoping any trouble....... regardless! But what about making the day an experience for the average fan to enjoy, a family occasion for us to treasure?

I don't have the answers but from what I saw at Wolves, the idiot dictated my day at a football match.

:doh:

This guy was off his ****. I read somewhere he tried to climb up to the upper tier?

He got hit pie a steak pie some utter moron threw in the concourse before KO and went phucking bananas

BhqTGWvCUAAHzIZ.jpg

I'm the guy stood right in front of that bloke looking back at him. He went absolutely crazy at that point. He was making out that a lad in one of those seats was almost hit by a coin and had to leave. He was going beserk at the upper tier and spitting on the windows of the hospitality lot.

Dont honestly remember the last time i saw venom like that in a bloke.

Totally agree with the membership idea. Something seriously wrong when the football is a good way down the priority list for the number of peiple that it obviously was

yesterday.

I'm not really getting this "embarrassed and ashamed" stuff. If you don't know them, how does it embarrass you?

Similarly, I wouldn't be "proud" if we won some drippy "Best Fans" award.

Apart from the stuff being chucked down, I thought the atmosphere inside was good.

The verbals and gesturing in the left corner certainly spiced it up.

Pretty much what I expected and, to a degree, hoped for.

If we ever get a warm reception at Molineux I'll be disappointed!

Smithie

(season-ticketer & not a hooligan)

I'm not really getting this "embarrassed and ashamed" stuff. If you don't know them, how does it embarrass you?

Similarly, I wouldn't be "proud" if we won some drippy "Best Fans" award.

Apart from the stuff being chucked down, I thought the atmosphere inside was good.

The verbals and gesturing in the left corner certainly spiced it up.

Pretty much what I expected and, to a degree, hoped for.

If we ever get a warm reception at Molineux I'll be disappointed!

Smithie

(season-ticketer & not a hooligan)

You just sound like one.

I fully accept that Wolves fans were a disgrace. I also accept that Vale fans were a disgrace. I have actually sent an email to Jez Moxey asking him to explain the rationale behind putting the away fans directly beneath the home fans as this happens every week. I will let you know if I get a response.

This has been the situation in this stand since 1979, we have had this situation happen against the Albion and you, perhaps another five instances, max, in that time. Does that not tell you something?

I was in the stand above you, down the south bank end, where the majority of your firm/nutters were, One nice chap was looking up to us prior to kick-off , passing his hand accross his throat in a gesture of cutting, nice !

In the second half, late on , coins were thrown at us, I didn't see anything going back down, probably because of a police presence.

The other end of the stand however I witnessed both sets of fans throwing things at each other, including drinks and coins. Our fans were trying to get stewards involved so perhaps it was Vale who started it?

It was clear a section of your support came looking for trouble, innocent fans became affected and as for the police dogs, they have had their anti-tetanus and should be ok!

This has been the situation in this stand since 1979, we have had this situation happen against the Albion and you, perhaps another five instances, max, in that time. Does that not tell you something?

I was in the stand above you, down the south bank end, where the majority of your firm/nutters were, One nice chap was looking up to us prior to kick-off , passing his hand accross his throat in a gesture of cutting, nice !

In the second half, late on , coins were thrown at us, I didn't see anything going back down, probably because of a police presence.

The other end of the stand however I witnessed both sets of fans throwing things at each other, including drinks and coins. Our fans were trying to get stewards involved so perhaps it was Vale who started it?

It was clear a section of your support came looking for trouble, innocent fans became affected and as for the police dogs, they have had their anti-tetanus and should be ok!

If the situation has happened before, why allow it to happen again - especially in a game like yesterday when the chances of trouble were very high after what happened at Vale Park? It's just such an easy thing to do and would cost very little.

Archived