onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Embarrassment.

valiant_593

Several Vale fans, some of whom I've seen at games for years and one of whom I am told has a bit of history of misbehaviour, arrived in front of us when the game had already started. They took an age to get into their seats and one of them simply stood up in front of me. I asked him very politely if he would mind sitting down please. He didn't. He just stood there and ignored me. After a short time he decided he would sit down and then tried to throw his arms around the lady next to him with the intention, no doubt, of slobering all over her. She quite rightly pushed him away - he seemed offended. I wish blokes would realise that women do not find the fact of a drunken oaf attempting to be "affectionate" towards them at all attractive. I've had it happen to me and it is simply unpleasant and unwelcome. That behaviour set the tone for the day. Everything that followed came as no surprise whatsoever.

Advert

Fuzzy - IF you or a family member/friend had been hit by an item thrown from above and injured or had been spat on what exactly would you do?

B&W, I would be livid but would like to think I would behave like a adult and I certainly would not retaliate because that would make the same as the cretin who threw it in the first place, we are again blaming others for our behaviour, did the Wolves fans chucking things from the stand cause the 100 strong bunch of Vale idiots to behave as they did - no they had behaved like that before they even got to the stadium in fact some where behaving like that before they even got to Wolverhampton. Was it the behaviour of Wolves fans above that caused a Vale fan to try and throw a smoke bomb into the Wolves stand - no. Was it Wolves fans that caused the beer fight in the concourse knocking a woman over - No was it the Wolves fans that caused the attack on stewards and police as they tried to eject some one - No was it wolves fans that caused Vale fans that caused damage to the train home - No was it Wolves fans that continually pulled the cord on the train -no was it Wolves fans that gave the police the run around at Stoke station when the majority live in Burslem no.If you are saying that it was Wolves fans provoking Vale that caused a large group of our fans to behave like they did you are wrong, they would have behaved like that whatever they made that decision weeks ago

Although the problems with Vales idiots has been well documented in these posts, the strategy of the Police seems to have slipped under the radar. Before the game the Police adopted a high-profile, friendly operation that seemed to work well, however, the plans for after the game created chaos and exposed innocent Vale fans to unprovoked violent confrontations. All routes out of the ground were closed to Vale fans, forcing us all up Camp Road which led onto the main A449 bypass where Wolves fans were storming through crowds of Vale fans and taking random pot-shots at completely innocent fans including families. The most frustrating thing will this strategy is that NO Police were present on this route to protect Vale fans turning left at the top of Camp Road, leaving them to fend for themselves against wave after wave of attacks from Wolves yobs.

Wave after wave of attacks from Wolves fans, were you there, the only people that did any attacking was the mob of 200 Vale idiots who were hitting anybody who looked like a Wolves fan Christ almighty the old bill did there best to control Vale fans they were all the way down the 449 there were hundreds of them

Wave after wave of attacks from Wolves fans, were you there, the only people that did any attacking was the mob of 200 Vale idiots who were hitting anybody who looked like a Wolves fan Christ almighty the old bill did there best to control Vale fans they were all the way down the 449 there were hundreds of them

Yes I was there! The group of fans I was walking with was attacked by small pockets of Wolves fans on three occasions, firstly at the top of Camp Road, then again walking Northbound on the A449 and finally walking back down the steps to the Red Hill Street Car Park. These were all unprovoked attacks on families with no police anywhere near.

We waited for the bulk of the Vale crowd to disperse and there weren't ANY coppers if you turned left where Camp St joined the A449. Several small groups of Wolves fans stormed across the dual carriageway from the side of Topps Tiles and confronted Vale supporters heading back to their vehicles.

I sat in the Stan cullis stand yesterday with my boss who sat in with us during the fixture at vp. What I witnessed yesterday was an absolute disgrace from so called Vale fans. The wolves fans were bemused by the behaviour of some of our idiots and I could clearly see the bloke in the photo had completely lost control of himself. I walked through the town after the game and there was no trouble until I reached the station where I witnessed scores of Vale fans causing endless amounts of grief. We had to wait an age due to the lines of police then take the long route round to get into the Great Western. After the match there were vale and wolves in there having a drink and again no trouble.

I managed to have a few drinks with Wolves fans before the game with no trouble, most we're just content to talk about the game. We have a serious hooligan element that needs to be routed out of our club. I have stopped attending away games due to the lunatics at Bournemouth, Shrewsbury, and the final straw was Oldham this season. I won't be bothering again until this is sorted out. The football at the moment is bad enough without having to run the gauntlet of our own fans on the way into and out of any ground. People have to stop making excuses for this type of behaviour and making sure football is safe for the real fans of our club.

B&W, I would be livid but would like to think I would behave like a adult and I certainly would not retaliate because that would make the same as the cretin who threw it in the first place, we are again blaming others for our behaviour, did the Wolves fans chucking things from the stand cause the 100 strong bunch of Vale idiots to behave as they did - no they had behaved like that before they even got to the stadium in fact some where behaving like that before they even got to Wolverhampton. Was it the behaviour of Wolves fans above that caused a Vale fan to try and throw a smoke bomb into the Wolves stand - no. Was it Wolves fans that caused the beer fight in the concourse knocking a woman over - No was it the Wolves fans that caused the attack on stewards and police as they tried to eject some one - No was it wolves fans that caused Vale fans that caused damage to the train home - No was it Wolves fans that continually pulled the cord on the train -no was it Wolves fans that gave the police the run around at Stoke station when the majority live in Burslem no.If you are saying that it was Wolves fans provoking Vale that caused a large group of our fans to behave like they did you are wrong, they would have behaved like that whatever they made that decision weeks ago

Fuzzy the point that I'm trying to make is that the stewards,police do nothing to stop these items being thrown from the upper tier.This has been going on for a while.But nothing seems to be done.In an earlier post it was mentioned that someone had a word with a stewards after being hit.The steward then witnessed a Wolves fan throw something else.The stewards reaction was - that it happened most week's :doh:It was suggested in the week building up to the match that it would happen again for this match.What I'm suggesting is it would help if the front 2-3 rows were to be left empty and the stewards/police took more positive action on the idiots throwing these items.It IS a H&S issue as people could be hurt.This is exactly why the FA should be informed and the club it's stewards and the police explain why this is still allowed to go on and what action they intend to take to stop it happening.I understand that Ally from the supporters club is going to do just that.Ally herself saw exactly what was going on with the issue i am on about.So she must feel exactly the same if she is going to take action and write to them asking questions.

I think there has to be a representative from the council H&S committee who issue the safety certificate at games.That person is there to see that there are no H&S issues and if so report on them and ensure action is taken to prevent further issues.No bearing this in mind how can such action be allowed to continue,is the representative doing their job properly?How do Wolves continue to get the safety certificate?Or should everyone just wait until someone gets a potential serious injury before the throwing is stopped?Or a big claim goes in against the club for breaching such rules,regulations?

That is all I have been saying.I have not once condoned the Vale fans who cause trouble.

Take it you didn't see the 20-30 wolves fans after the game appear from the canal area charge at the vale fans then? Though unfortunately for the Wolves fans they were totally out numbered and get a bit of a pasting..So to just blame all the trouble on Vale fans yesterday is just daft..

Take it you didn't see the 20-30 wolves fans after the game appear from the canal area charge at the vale fans then? Though unfortunately for the Wolves fans they were totally out numbered and get a bit of a pasting..So to just blame all the trouble on Vale fans yesterday is just daft..

Because Fuzzy didn't see it happen it didn't happen ;)

i was sat I J4 block second row from the back. their was no problem in the section up until wolves scored their first goal. TWO wolves fans on the front row were provoking a reaction from vale fans and we obliged. Their were coins been thrown, by both sets of idiots. We left the ground just before wolves were awarded the pen, to try and miss the problems outside, and of course got caught with all the idiots running up the hill, the police tried to contain it and helped me and two others with directions to meet wolves fans and distant ourselves from the problem. As in august vale fans were trying to pick fights with the police instead of just leaving it. I also heard that a train got damaged.

Until the actual game we had no problems at all, drank in Wolverhampton with home fans and talked only about football, and the same after the game.

The problem is that the majority of games when larger away followings, 1000 plus , seems to bring the same s##t to the surface. and its always the same result in that a great away day is spoilt. Their is no need for this, are people not just happy in enjoying the game. I will be picking my away days with this in mind.

As an answer to the problem. When larger followings are expected Vale should provide competitively priced transport to these games, This would enable the police to control a greater amount of normal supporters so ensuring their safety especially after the match. and able to concentrate their actions outside the ground on those intent on causing trouble through the streets

There was trouble at the Oldham game. There was trouble in the home games against Bradford and Wolves. There was some complete ignorant and idiotic behaviour at Sheffield United. There was trouble yesterday. The common factor is some of our numpty so-called fans. They go looking for it and the rest of us are supposed to accept it. Well I don't.

This guy was off his ****. I read somewhere he tried to climb up to the upper tier?

He got hit pie a steak pie some utter moron threw in the concourse before KO and went phucking bananas

BhqTGWvCUAAHzIZ.jpg

I was unfortunate enough to be sat three seats to the right of the guy in the picture, along with my son, daughter and partner. It's strange how there were no items dropped from the upper tier (which consisted in the middle section of older blokes and young families) until the guy and his handful of mates decided to stand in this section (JL4)during the second half. He alleged that a middle age Wolves fan had spat on him and this gave him and his mates carte blanche to shout verbal abuse at his family and to express the sexual assault that they were going to do to his young daughter. There is no doubt that they were looking for trouble and I've never seen such a grown man throw such an violent tantrum as the guy in the picture. I decided that enough was enough when they started throwing coins up towards the bemused Wolves fans without taking account of the effects of gravity and it would have been almost comical the fact that they were hit by their own coins if my family had not been so scared.

Even my usual 'trouble avoidance' tactics of arriving early to the ground, purchasing tickets that were in the middle of the stand and leaving 5 minutes before the end (it was more like 15 minutes yesterday) wasn't enough to ensure that my family had a safe and pleasant footballing experience. Even though I'm savvy enough to know that the likelihood of trouble was very high, I don't think that should that be a reason to stop my son seeing the one away game that he had been looking forward to all season.

Not being from Stoke-on-Trent, I took the decision to bring my son and daughter up as Vale fans, hoping that the club shared the same tolerant values as my beloved Partick Thistle and not the archaic bigotry of the other two smaller Glasgow clubs, but I'm afraid that Vale has a serious hooligan problem.......and please don't confuse criminality with passion! The same idiots yesterday who made me question why I had wasted £63.00 on yet another sour away-day, are the same so-called fans that ruined our celebrations last season at Wycombe and who only appear when there is the possibility of any trouble. Give me an away trip to Morecambe or Cheltenham any day of the week rather than these big 'glamour' games.

I have to say that I'm encouraged by the general outrage of the genuine Vale fans over what happened yesterday. I don't have the answer to our hooligan problem, but we mustn't just accept that it's part of football because it most certainly shouldn't part of the club that I want my children to proudly (and safely)follow.

Archived