onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Embarrassment.

valiant_593

Well there wasn't any trouble before half time where I was sitting, towards the right. Please just accept that some Wolves scum fans throw coins, drinks and spit indiscriminately every single week and have done for years. Vale fans responded.

Other areas it seems may have been different

Well you should have been on the left - nearest the South Bank end - 10 minutes in all hell broke loose. Fans pushing and shoving stewards & Police with minimal provocation. It can't really be passed off as a small minority as I'd reckon around 200 where involved which is virtually 10% of our following although most of these are not regulars to VP.

Advert

The problem Vale fans are going to face are that the genuine fans will be targeted by ,shall we say,the unsavoury elements of other clubs.Being tarnished with the same brush as these imbeciles doesn't sit too well with me.They are spoiling what should be a decent day out( football aside). Go and 'support' some other team please or preferably stop at home and don't go again to any game.

Whilst i don't condone violence if you looked at the stand above where the vale fans were from the middle to the far left the wolves fans who were directly above and shouting abuse at the fans and throwing rubbish on them would you not react.Also I witnesed vale fans repeatedly complain to stewards who ignored them,.

As regard the match i thought the first half was good and maybe if popey had scored it may have give the rest of the players a boost,Don't forget we were playing a team the had millions in the drop and probably have players worth more than our club.Come on micky Adams who worked his magic to get us to league ONE with no money.

My son had been asking me for over a month to go with him to wolves I wanted go but told him it had trouble written all over it and the way we were playing it would be a punishment watch my beloved team take a beating, and I didnt fancy it , he said I was making poor excuses, last night having read the reports of the days events he was so glad I got this one right, we have a right hooligan problem and some just dont want to admit this, e.g blaming the police time after time (melv) for one, we have season tickets in railway stand hamil end , the reason we chose this area about 6 year ago was for the atmosphere but this last couple of seasons the language and hatred to away fans has got worse, last week against crewe a bloke in his 40s after letting out a volley of f,ing and blinding jumped over a few seats and fell heavily,on top of a middle aged lady , said sorry to her got up and carried on with his onslaught. Next season I am leaving this area, the language and behaviour is not pleasant , how we get rid of our hooligan problem I really don, t know, I been going vale 40 odd years , and its as bad now as I have known it

What I have said was it was known that there would be trouble.It is well known that Wolves fans in the upper tier often throw hot/ cold drinks & spit on people below.I have said that the front two or three rows should be left empty to help stop this happening.This was said because as has been reported by other people the stewards / police seem to do nothing about the throwing and spitting.One post even mentions about a steward saying it happened most weeks.The club don't appear to be doing anything to stop this so this is why it needs reporting to the FA.The police / stewards should explain why they let such actions continue without action.Without doubt Vale have their fare share of 'Boys'.I don't deny that I never have done.

Well you should have been on the left - nearest the South Bank end - 10 minutes in all hell broke loose. Fans pushing and shoving stewards & Police with minimal provocation. It can't really be passed off as a small minority as I'd reckon around 200 where involved which is virtually 10% of our following although most of these are not regulars to VP.

Unfortunately they are regulars at VP, they gather week in week out at the Hamil End of the Paddock and spend the entire game threatening away fans while our stewards just stand and watch. At full time they they then go out on to Hamil Road were they look to get into a fight with any away fans when they are stopped from doing that by the police they then turn on the Police and innocent fans get caught up in it ala Shrewsbury and Wolves we then blame the police, stewards, away fans or Justin Bieber but you can guarentee one thing it will never be our fault, family club don't make me laugh it takes more than a chairman with the business morals of a cockney used car salesman (sorry used car salesman) saying he wants a family club to make one. I for one am well and truly sick of having the same debate every time our fans behave like animals as I am sick of listening to the same apologists.

Unfortunately they are regulars at VP, they gather week in week out at the Hamil End of the Paddock and spend the entire game threatening away fans while our stewards just stand and watch. At full time they they then go out on to Hamil Road were they look to get into a fight with any away fans when they are stopped from doing that by the police they then turn on the Police and innocent fans get caught up in it ala Shrewsbury and Wolves we then blame the police, stewards, away fans or Justin Bieber but you can guarentee one thing it will never be our fault, family club don't make me laugh it takes more than a chairman with the business morals of a cockney used car salesman (sorry used car salesman) saying he wants a family club to make one. I for one am well and truly sick of having the same debate every time our fans behave like animals as I am sick of listening to the same apologists.

Apologies Soothsayer I am not referring to you as a apologist

What I have said was it was known that there would be trouble.It is well known that Wolves fans in the upper tier often throw hot/ cold drinks & spit on people below.I have said that the front two or three rows should be left empty to help stop this happening.This was said because as has been reported by other people the stewards / police seem to do nothing about the throwing and spitting.One post even mentions about a steward saying it happened most weeks.The club don't appear to be doing anything to stop this so this is why it needs reporting to the FA.The police / stewards should explain why they let such actions continue without action.Without doubt Vale have their fare share of 'Boys'.I don't deny that I never have done.

My thoughts too. No excuse for some of our fans to behave like they did but all this would be stopped if the first 2 rows above the away fans were empty. There was a Wolves fan out 16-18 above us showing Vale fans the finger and acting big and some of our fans were reacting to him and even an Wolves old man also inciting trouble, he should no better with a steward just watching with a grin on his face.

I'm voting with my feet & my wallet & not going an away game for a very long time.

I was in JL6 with my wife & 14 year old son.

Once the drunks took their seats 10 mins before kick off(you could smell their breath) the atmosphere changed to a hostile one.

One man in his 40's or 50's spent the last 15 mins trying to pick a fight with a Wolves fan up above.

It meant a woman & her daughter left because she was scared someone from the upper level may throw something & it was cleat this idiot was not in control of himself, especially his language.

It cost me £56 & apart from Billy Knott, Duffy & Neal, the rest of the team(subs apart) ought to take a long hard look at themselves-it isn't the end of the season yet boys, there are still 13 games left & we don't look like we can buy a goal, least of all keep a clean sheet.

If I performed in my job like the players have since February, I would be out of a job.

One last thing....the seats at Wolves-crap kiddy-size seats where you sit with your knees up your backside-I didn't enjoy yesterday one bit so I'll save my money & won't be disappointed

My thoughts too. No excuse for some of our fans to behave like they did but all this would be stopped if the first 2 rows above the away fans were empty. There was a Wolves fan out 16-18 above us showing Vale fans the finger and acting big and some of our fans were reacting to him and even an Wolves old man also inciting trouble, he should no better with a steward just watching with a grin on his face.

I understand that Jacko has written to Jez Moxey questioning the positioning of away fans at Molyneux.It beggars belief that Wolves fans are allowed to spit and throw objects,missiles down on away fans with no sign of any action from the stewards.Doesn't make sense,it's like putting away fans in the Paddock at Vale Park?

More fans need to complain to Moxey.

I'm voting with my feet & my wallet & not going an away game for a very long time.

I was in JL6 with my wife & 14 year old son.

Once the drunks took their seats 10 mins before kick off(you could smell their breath) the atmosphere changed to a hostile one.

One man in his 40's or 50's spent the last 15 mins trying to pick a fight with a Wolves fan up above.

It meant a woman & her daughter left because she was scared someone from the upper level may throw something & it was cleat this idiot was not in control of himself, especially his language.

It cost me £56 & apart from Billy Knott, Duffy & Neal, the rest of the team(subs apart) ought to take a long hard look at themselves-it isn't the end of the season yet boys, there are still 13 games left & we don't look like we can buy a goal, least of all keep a clean sheet.

If I performed in my job like the players have since February, I would be out of a job.

One last thing....the seats at Wolves-crap kiddy-size seats where you sit with your knees up your backside-I didn't enjoy yesterday one bit so I'll save my money & won't be disappointed

A lot of fans will feel the same way after attending away games where you cannot control where you sit,who you sit with and are not offered any form of protection from stewards and police.

I understand that Jacko has written to Jez Moxey questioning the positioning of away fans at Molyneux.It beggars belief that Wolves fans are allowed to spit and throw objects,missiles down on away fans with no sign of any action from the stewards.Doesn't make sense,it's like putting away fans in the Paddock at Vale Park?

More fans need to complain to Moxey.

Exactly.This is a H&S issue.It has been happening for a while.The club,steward and the police know it happens most weeks.But they seem to do nothing about it to try and stop it happening.When fans in the lower tier are getting hit by bottles,cans,coins etc from above then there is bound to be some sort of reaction.How on earth do they get a safety certificate as this is unsafe.

Although the problems with Vales idiots has been well documented in these posts, the strategy of the Police seems to have slipped under the radar. Before the game the Police adopted a high-profile, friendly operation that seemed to work well, however, the plans for after the game created chaos and exposed innocent Vale fans to unprovoked violent confrontations. All routes out of the ground were closed to Vale fans, forcing us all up Camp Road which led onto the main A449 bypass where Wolves fans were storming through crowds of Vale fans and taking random pot-shots at completely innocent fans including families. The most frustrating thing will this strategy is that NO Police were present on this route to protect Vale fans turning left at the top of Camp Road, leaving them to fend for themselves against wave after wave of attacks from Wolves yobs.

Archived