onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Embarrassment.

valiant_593

Official travel only

That's not fair on exiles. We have fans who travel from all over the country to home games. Why should they have to travel to Vale Park for away games as well? I know one lad who lives in Aldershot. I'm sure he would love travelling to Vale Park to get a coach back to somewhere like Crawley!

Advert

What's your solution then??

I honestly don't think their is a solution.. As I said earlier,Vale's hooligan element is getting bigger each year,so this will just continue,and we will just have the same debate season after season..

I honestly don't think their is a solution.. As I said earlier,Vale's hooligan element is getting bigger each year,so this will just continue,and we will just have the same debate season after season..

So how have Stoke solved their problem because they largely have. Yet they had a dreadful reputation a few years ago.

An away membership scheme is IMHO the answer.

All ST holders should automatically become away members. You then have a scheme open, at a small administrative cost, for anyone to join.

Any fan ejected or arrested at any game loses their membership and thus cannot attend away games. If so desired offences could be ranked in terms of seriousness and length of membership ban.

Not rocket science but the club desperately needs to do something to rid itself of this element.

Your solution to resolving the hooligan element would not work in the real world.

Many "banned" hooligans would still have gone to Wolverhampton yesterday to cause trouble & have "a ruck." As stated by many on here there were many drunken idiots in the Vale end NOT interested in the game at all. If there was a membership scheme what makes you think that the hooligans would want to join it in the first place or would be bothered even if they did lose their membership? You cannot stop people from travelling to Wolverhampton unless they have been convicted of a football related issue. So regardless of whether there would have been a scheme set in place this season, yesterday was always going to kick off because of the Wolves hooligan element that has been present for decades (ask any England fan who has travelled abroad, Wolves have always been where the trouble is.)

Any Vale fan who attended yesterday and didn't expect trouble were naive! Some posts on here suggest that it wasn't Wolves fans trying to get into the stand near the end of the game & that it was in fact Vale fans. Well my wife & I were in the middle of it when the Police were hitting anything that moved & the said fans were beaten back towards the Stan Cullis Stand & were then kept there by the barriers & lines of Police. Any doubts as to where they were from could not be argued given the fact they were goading the many Vale fans who were leaving.

I would also like to point out the other side of the Vale "hooligans." We followed the Police route out of the ground heading onto the Ring Road where we turned left & walked towards the Park & Ride. There was a number of Vale fans in a family group when 4 Wolves fans hit out at them punching a lad of about 18 in the face knocking him to the ground. A group of men (no colours) ran across the dual carriageway & attacked the 4 Wolves fans knocking them into the middle of next week. In doing so, saving the family from a beating!

Were those men good samaritans or hooligans....... yobs looking for trouble?

Incidently I posted a while back over the trouble that occurred before the Oxford away game when their fans were attacking Vale fans as they tried to get into the ground & attacked innocent men, women & children after the game. After my description of what I saw that day some idiot on here & he knows who he is, attempted to belittle my concerns and made out that I was a bit of a drama queen insinuating that I was making it out to being a war zone! Having attended yesterday imo the Oxford game was far worse because we had no Ploice protection & there were no "idiots" willing to fight fire with fire.

I not condoning the hooligans who follow our club but I know the trouble that was witnessed yesterday would still have happened regardless of what Vale fans did. Not every Vale fan who was spat on, had objects thrown at them or were attacked are hooligans looking for a fight!

Wolves fans like to attack away fans irrespect of whether the away fans want trouble or not.

You get more grief on official coaches than you would from any hooligans. Me and my son went to Burton a few years back on the club coaches and got all sorts of hassle from a couple of oldies, simply because we sat in their regular seats, even though they are all unreserved. The cheeky *******s even moved our bags during the game so they could sit there for the return journey.

No thanks!

So how have Stoke solved their problem because they largely have. Yet they had a dreadful reputation a few years ago.

Stoke have still got a very active hooligan firm though..Just because its not published in the local rag when trouble starts doesn't mean its not happening..

"I would also like to point out the other side of the Vale "hooligans." We followed the Police route out of the ground heading onto the Ring Road where we turned left & walked towards the Park & Ride. There was a number of Vale fans in a family group when 4 Wolves fans hit out at them punching a lad of about 18 in the face knocking him to the ground. A group of men (no colours) ran across the dual carriageway & attacked the 4 Wolves fans knocking them into the middle of next week. In doing so, saving the family from a beating!

Were those men good samaritans or hooligans....... yobs looking for trouble?"

I totally agree with this statement. Vale fans were left to fend for themselves on the A449/Camp St area, and without this protection, some people would have been in real trouble yesterday. However, the police should have provided this protection, not vigilante groups of Vale fans.

Might be mistaken but new member Fuzzy DUNLOP (Wolves fan stirring ?) As for yesterday and the same for the game at Vale Park if the visiting supporters had been kept in for 10 Minutes after the game the scenes outside would have been non exsistent.As for inside the ground while i don't condone the Behaviour maybe if the stewards had acted on the culprits throwing objects and spitting from above there may not of been as much reaction from below.Check out the League One banter board fans from different clubs who have suffered the same treatment from the Wolves fans in the stand above also this season

There were plenty of Stoke fans milling around Stoke station when the football special pulled in from Wolverhampton. I was walking to The Glebe for a drink with my mate and there were lads running through the underpass on their mobile phones trying to mob up. Thankfully they got there about five minutes too late and the BTP saw it coming as well.

There were plenty of Stoke fans milling around Stoke station when the football special pulled in from Wolverhampton. I was walking to The Glebe for a drink with my mate and there were lads running through the underpass on their mobile phones trying to mob up. Thankfully they got there about five minutes too late and the BTP saw it coming as well.

Santa, what goes on at Stoke station and other non-football venues is down to the authorities to sort. I believe it's up to our club to take some action to sort out our own problems within the grounds though. I don't profess to know the answer but I'm pretty certain doing nowt will just see matters deteriorate further.

Archived