onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Embarrassment.

valiant_593

Advert

Nope, not my scene at all.

I've just seen enough football matches to know that, without its' tribal aspect it loses much of its appeal.

(In my opinion of course).

I get what are you fella, there is a reason why Cardiff v Swansea, Celtic v Rangers, Leeds v Man utd etc will always be on tv and that is due to tribal history fuelled by fans Passion built up over many years. Liverpool v Everton for example is a very local Derby but is tame compared to Liverpool v Man utd due to pure hatered between the fans

I think that's a bit silly tbh..So basically if your getting a group of tickets for you and your mates,youve got tell them if your an hooligan or not?

Yes weve got an hooligan problem but **** some of you need get of your high horses..I saw women and old men swearing and doing hand gestures to the Wolves fans yesterday..Are they hooligans??Are they scum/numpties??

I thank you for your input. All I was trying to do was get some kind of dialogue started by honest, decent fans who want better for their clubs in so much we need to go and watch our favourites at away games in comfort and safety. It's clear that when we now play away and have a sizeable support it attracts nutters/idiots etc. My main point was that I and my missus really want to enjoy the game, whatever the result. We want to be able to sit and take in the atmosphere and game....not be subjected to continual nonsense that does happen with our own fans.

To have to sit by or near to obvious hooligans is appalling. We have no choice as to who is going to sit by or near us. I simply want to see if it's possible for like minded people to me and my missus to be able to book tickets away in a block that only has like minded decent fans. Yes, we shout and express our opinions during the game...but in a non violent and acceptable way! Saturday I had a bunch of yobs by and around us and the majority of them spent the entire match with their backs to the game, trying to goad Wolves fans! I realise they were not Vale fans as I understand fans to be but can it be possible for us to book our tickets in a more select way for obvious well attended away matches. It's a simple question that I felt I had to try and seek an answer to.

I do not appreciate jk77, people who suggest that I am on a high horse. If that seriously is how you think then perhaps you do not want anything doing about ridding the cancer from the game and society? I am an ordinary fan wanting the best for Vale and the vast majority of us who want to attend matches without trouble brewing by mindless idiots. I and my missus are both completely fed up to the back teeth with nothing happening or any real effort at any grounds to allow fans to actually do what they should be there for- to watch a game of football!

You clearly lost the idea of my thread. I feel there could be a situation whereby decent fans may form some sort of association/club, call it what you like where they can purchase tickets for away games en bloc perhaps to ensure they are in and amongst similar minded fans. Those that wish to stand /sit around in threatening mobs can do so...but not near me, please! It would be evident amongst those wanting such an environment who was and who was not wanting trouble and could easily be excluded from future games. Again I apologise if anyone feels I am trying to talk down to them. I really am not. I want to try and see if there is any solution for us true Valiants to rid ourselves of fans feeling threatened or uncomfortable at what should be genuinely enjoyable away days.

There are going to be people who say my post is rubbish. To them I simply ask are they totally happy with away day experiences? Do they want to rid grounds of undesirables? Or are they part of the mass problem? Has lethargy set in totally and do people want genuine fans to continue to drift away from attending? It is clear from my many experiences of watching the Vale that we are slowly killing off future fans and families/women/kids. As a Club we surely cannot afford to let this continue?

Is it feasible a system can be implemented to attract support that will remain long term for Vale? I am sorry to say, losing patience as more and more decent fans are just burying their heads in the sand and allowing mobs to dictate to us. I asked previously if any learned fans had any suggestions? I hope my post encourages more to come forward in the hope that we can ensure a better, more safe and acceptable environment for away games for the future. If not then crowds of genuine fans that Vale can ill afford to lose will definitely disappear.

I have to agree with elements of the original post. I saw no actual trouble and saw nothing thrown by either sets of fans. There did seem to be lots of lads in the Vale end who were just being difficult for no reason. And a woman at the end trying to make an official complaint to the police because someone in the executive boxes had upset her. I have never seen such a fuss over absolutely nothing. It’s a ****** football match!!!!

We went expecting to loose and we lost to the much better side. People need to grow up and stop acting like complete ****ers.

I have been following Vale home and away for over 25, I have a second Dan black in karate and like to fight – in the right place. I have however, never once been close to getting involved in a fight at a football match! I have walked through groups of home fans, got totally lost in strange cities looking for the ground and have often walked to the ground with home fans at numerous away game. I have enjoyed banter with them and its all part of the fun.

As fans we all need to chill out and remember why we are there – to have fun and enjoy the game!

I have to agree with elements of the original post. I saw no actual trouble and saw nothing thrown by either sets of fans. There did seem to be lots of lads in the Vale end who were just being difficult for no reason. And a woman at the end trying to make an official complaint to the police because someone in the executive boxes had upset her. I have never seen such a fuss over absolutely nothing. It’s a ****** football match!!!!

We went expecting to loose and we lost to the much better side. People need to grow up and stop acting like complete ****ers.

I have been following Vale home and away for over 25, I have a second Dan black in karate and like to fight – in the right place. I have however, never once been close to getting involved in a fight at a football match! I have walked through groups of home fans, got totally lost in strange cities looking for the ground and have often walked to the ground with home fans at numerous away game. I have enjoyed banter with them and its all part of the fun.

As fans we all need to chill out and remember why we are there – to have fun and enjoy the game!

Sort of post that really confirms to me that people want to believe nowt is wrong and the idiot section of crowds isn't ruining the enjoyment for others.

You have been mighty lucky mate not to have been caught up in any nonsense/violence or disgusting behaviour by either our own or opponents fans.

I have followed Vale for over 30 years and believe me it's getting far worse now than ever to attend away games with scum that pretend to pass off as Vale supporters. It has taken me many years to try and coax my missus to have a season ticket for my beloved club and for her to enjoy away days but sadly, as I've stated previously I do not want her to be subjected to the kind of day we had Saturday ever again. If that makes me a coward or a person who is making a fuss in your eyes, so be it.

Your last paragraph is interesting...that is all we want to do, enjoy the game and have fun in a legal, sensible way. Do you condone and accept the wrong doings of others and their infantile, aggressive, illegal, threatening behaviour? If so sorry but I am not wishing to be called a Vale fan alongside you!

Seen a few on here almost convincing themselves that it was the fault of wolves fans and thy yet started it. The fact is that our hooligan element are complete scum and something needs to be done. It's been done at other clubs so why not vale, that bald mental guys photo is everywhere so give him a life ban. I was shocked by how bad the fans were around me. As I said in the oppening post it's a real and big problem that people on here don't seem to admit is going on. I won't be going another away game certainly for this season and that's regardless of the football. I don't want to pay x amount of money just to be caught up in those who only want to fight.

I thank you for your input. All I was trying to do was get some kind of dialogue started by honest, decent fans who want better for their clubs in so much we need to go and watch our favourites at away games in comfort and safety. It's clear that when we now play away and have a sizeable support it attracts nutters/idiots etc. My main point was that I and my missus really want to enjoy the game, whatever the result. We want to be able to sit and take in the atmosphere and game....not be subjected to continual nonsense that does happen with our own fans.

To have to sit by or near to obvious hooligans is appalling. We have no choice as to who is going to sit by or near us. I simply want to see if it's possible for like minded people to me and my missus to be able to book tickets away in a block that only has like minded decent fans. Yes, we shout and express our opinions during the game...but in a non violent and acceptable way! Saturday I had a bunch of yobs by and around us and the majority of them spent the entire match with their backs to the game, trying to goad Wolves fans! I realise they were not Vale fans as I understand fans to be but can it be possible for us to book our tickets in a more select way for obvious well attended away matches. It's a simple question that I felt I had to try and seek an answer to.

I do not appreciate jk77, people who suggest that I am on a high horse. If that seriously is how you think then perhaps you do not want anything doing about ridding the cancer from the game and society? I am an ordinary fan wanting the best for Vale and the vast majority of us who want to attend matches without trouble brewing by mindless idiots. I and my missus are both completely fed up to the back teeth with nothing happening or any real effort at any grounds to allow fans to actually do what they should be there for- to watch a game of football!

You clearly lost the idea of my thread. I feel there could be a situation whereby decent fans may form some sort of association/club, call it what you like where they can purchase tickets for away games en bloc perhaps to ensure they are in and amongst similar minded fans. Those that wish to stand /sit around in threatening mobs can do so...but not near me, please! It would be evident amongst those wanting such an environment who was and who was not wanting trouble and could easily be excluded from future games. Again I apologise if anyone feels I am trying to talk down to them. I really am not. I want to try and see if there is any solution for us true Valiants to rid ourselves of fans feeling threatened or uncomfortable at what should be genuinely enjoyable away days.

There are going to be people who say my post is rubbish. To them I simply ask are they totally happy with away day experiences? Do they want to rid grounds of undesirables? Or are they part of the mass problem? Has lethargy set in totally and do people want genuine fans to continue to drift away from attending? It is clear from my many experiences of watching the Vale that we are slowly killing off future fans and families/women/kids. As a Club we surely cannot afford to let this continue?

Is it feasible a system can be implemented to attract support that will remain long term for Vale? I am sorry to say, losing patience as more and more decent fans are just burying their heads in the sand and allowing mobs to dictate to us. I asked previously if any learned fans had any suggestions? I hope my post encourages more to come forward in the hope that we can ensure a better, more safe and acceptable environment for away games for the future. If not then crowds of genuine fans that Vale can ill afford to lose will definitely disappear.

Good post.

Said pretty much the same in an earlier post.We are pretty selective now in the away matches we choose,simply because we feel that we have no control over where and who we sit next to.Most genuine fans pay to go and watch a football game and concentrate on matters on the pitch,we don't want to spend ninety minutes dodging coins,bottles,lighters and spit for ninety minutes.

Sort of post that really confirms to me that people want to believe nowt is wrong and the idiot section of crowds isn't ruining the enjoyment for others.

You have been mighty lucky mate not to have been caught up in any nonsense/violence or disgusting behaviour by either our own or opponents fans.

I have followed Vale for over 30 years and believe me it's getting far worse now than ever to attend away games with scum that pretend to pass off as Vale supporters. It has taken me many years to try and coax my missus to have a season ticket for my beloved club and for her to enjoy away days but sadly, as I've stated previously I do not want her to be subjected to the kind of day we had Saturday ever again. If that makes me a coward or a person who is making a fuss in your eyes, so be it.

Your last paragraph is interesting...that is all we want to do, enjoy the game and have fun in a legal, sensible way. Do you condone and accept the wrong doings of others and their infantile, aggressive, illegal, threatening behaviour? If so sorry but I am not wishing to be called a Vale fan alongside you!

I hope you do get your 'I'm a better fan/person than you are' block tickets sorted, because I have no desire to stand/sit with sanctimonious ***** such as yourself.

Who the **** do you think you are?

I hope you do get your 'I'm a better fan/person than you are' block tickets sorted, because I have no desire to stand/sit with sanctimonious ***** such as yourself.

Really I'm with Onestep on this one.

At VP, if I wanted to sit with the nutters I'd go in the Paddock. As it is I go in the Lorne Street because I prefer not to be mixed up and be associated with some of the types that sit(?) in the Railway, Hamil side. As I see it all that Onestep is asking for is the opportunity to do the same at away games.

Not sanctimonious at all actually. I wouldn't mind it myself.

A peaceful, upright, sensible person, wanting to support my club in safety!!

Glad to say I do not know you and am ashamed that it is actually you who is belittling me and others who share my opinion/thoughts.

Really I'm with Onestep on this one.

At VP, if I wanted to sit with the nutters I'd go in the Paddock. As it is I go in the Lorne Street because I prefer not to be mixed up and be associated with some of the types that sit(?) in the Railway, Hamil side. As I see it all that Onestep is asking for is the opportunity to do the same at away games.

Not sanctimonious at all actually. I wouldn't mind it myself.

Cheers. There are decent humans still then that support Vale. I only want to air any possibilities of away games being attended by me and others that share my views, without being subjected to sitting by or near Neanderthals!

Archived