onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Embarrassment.

valiant_593

There were plenty of Stoke fans milling around Stoke station when the football special pulled in from Wolverhampton. I was walking to The Glebe for a drink with my mate and there were lads running through the underpass on their mobile phones trying to mob up. Thankfully they got there about five minutes too late and the BTP saw it coming as well.

I don't understand why that special train stopped at Stoke anyway..About 100 Vale lads got off there..Just a crazy descision with Stoke been at home too..

Advert

The real result of things like yesterday will be if someone like Millwall come down. They'll hear we've got a reputatation and no doubt our fans will get ambushed by theirs.

Will our group of ********s be at somewhere like Millwall? Will they ********. Meaning innocent people will suffer for a group of ****s who will be nowhere near.

Hi

Wolves fan in peace here, hope my views don't antagonise but I would like to offer my views on here. The only games there has been any trouble with Wolves this season is twice v Vale. There really has been so little, even Coventry game was relatively trouble free.

At Vale Park it was very tense and could have been extremely nasty outside but realise most of the trouble was with the police. It certainly became evident that a large number of Vale fans were looking for trouble towards the end of that game. I was sat in the South Bank yesterday, and although there is banter and chanting, it was blatantly obvious that a significant % of Vale fans were lads out of their heads on coke following a few leaders like sheep -is'nt that what hooligans do! Seemed around 300 in my opinion. Still it seemed fairly contained and we never really felt it would kick off inside. But I can fully appreciate the anger when items are thrown down from a tier above. I do think it is grossly exaggerated but once is too often. I know it sounds ridiculous but a fan in the upper tier said Vale fans were throwing things up only to bounce back and hit other Vale fans who then turned round in anger thinking Wolves fans had thrown things.

Wolves have previously had a reputation and a clear problem with hooliganism but to be fair over the last decade it has reduced considerably and these days it is mainly young teenagers. The older boys have retired and a number are still banned waiting a trial after the home game with Leeds last season. This is because West Midlands Police have been extremely active over many years with the use of CCTV to prosecute.

I have to say, and I expect you are going to jump all over me, that everywhere else also seems to have progressed over the same time period, I realise hooliganism has not gone away, but Stoke and Vale seem to continue to act as if it were the 1970's with impunity. The actions of yesterday were so overt and extreme it was virtually madness, like offering out families in boxes. I would have thought the Vale fans can expect a knock on the door soon. Or maybe they won't, because I am afraid it is apparent that Stoke police have always been very ineffective or backward in terms of utilising evidence. Honestly all it takes is a few dawn raids to sort them out - Wolves have had mant such operations with upto 70 being banned for five years. Wolverhampton Police used to track and follow Wolves mobs going by train from Wolverhampton, but that sort of proactiveness seems missing with Stoke police.

A Wolves fan was stabbed yesterday but is fortunately fine and discharged himself so can only presume it was minor. Can never appreciate that "Italian" style of fighting, I am sure most would agree.

Most of all, I feel sorry for ordinary Vale fans. I think they were as affected as anyone yesterday. I honestly think that to blame Wolves fans yesterday is ignoring a real problem Vale now seem to have. If I had to aportion blame yesterday I would say Wolves 20% Vale 80%. But I accept that is how I saw it and I maybe wrong. Thi s was not a big game like the Black Country derby, really just another league match with a bit of extra spice, but I wasn't really expecting the problems of yesterday. Having said that it was not the level of trouble that surprised me (seen far worse over the years unfortunately), but the sheer disregard for consequence and aggressive attitude of some Vale fans.

Hope for the sake of the club that they are weeded out. Because you have a serious hooligan problem. Stoke police need to wake up & get a lot more proactive.

Hi

Wolves fan in peace here, hope my views don't antagonise but I would like to offer my views on here. The only games there has been any trouble with Wolves this season is twice v Vale. There really has been so little, even Coventry game was relatively trouble free.

At Vale Park it was very tense and could have been extremely nasty outside but realise most of the trouble was with the police. It certainly became evident that a large number of Vale fans were looking for trouble towards the end of that game. I was sat in the South Bank yesterday, and although there is banter and chanting, it was blatantly obvious that a significant % of Vale fans were lads out of their heads on coke following a few leaders like sheep -is'nt that what hooligans do! Seemed around 300 in my opinion. Still it seemed fairly contained and we never really felt it would kick off inside. But I can fully appreciate the anger when items are thrown down from a tier above. I do think it is grossly exaggerated but once is too often. I know it sounds ridiculous but a fan in the upper tier said Vale fans were throwing things up only to bounce back and hit other Vale fans who then turned round in anger thinking Wolves fans had thrown things.

Wolves have previously had a reputation and a clear problem with hooliganism but to be fair over the last decade it has reduced considerably and these days it is mainly young teenagers. The older boys have retired and a number are still banned waiting a trial after the home game with Leeds last season. This is because West Midlands Police have been extremely active over many years with the use of CCTV to prosecute.

I have to say, and I expect you are going to jump all over me, that everywhere else also seems to have progressed over the same time period, I realise hooliganism has not gone away, but Stoke and Vale seem to continue to act as if it were the 1970's with impunity. The actions of yesterday were so overt and extreme it was virtually madness, like offering out families in boxes. I would have thought the Vale fans can expect a knock on the door soon. Or maybe they won't, because I am afraid it is apparent that Stoke police have always been very ineffective or backward in terms of utilising evidence. Honestly all it takes is a few dawn raids to sort them out - Wolves have had mant such operations with upto 70 being banned for five years. Wolverhampton Police used to track and follow Wolves mobs going by train from Wolverhampton, but that sort of proactiveness seems missing with Stoke police.

A Wolves fan was stabbed yesterday but is fortunately fine and discharged himself so can only presume it was minor. Can never appreciate that "Italian" style of fighting, I am sure most would agree.

Most of all, I feel sorry for ordinary Vale fans. I think they were as affected as anyone yesterday. I honestly think that to blame Wolves fans yesterday is ignoring a real problem Vale now seem to have. If I had to aportion blame yesterday I would say Wolves 20% Vale 80%. But I accept that is how I saw it and I maybe wrong. Thi s was not a big game like the Black Country derby, really just another league match with a bit of extra spice, but I wasn't really expecting the problems of yesterday. Having said that it was not the level of trouble that surprised me (seen far worse over the years unfortunately), but the sheer disregard for consequence and aggressive attitude of some Vale fans.

Hope for the sake of the club that they are weeded out. Because you have a serious hooligan problem. Stoke police need to wake up & get a lot more proactive.

Sorry to pee on ye fire Marra but I saw first hand how well your ANGELS act at away grounds..... Very rose tinted indeed

Hi

Can't argue with most of that.

What I do find odd is that a ground like Molineux, presumably bristling with CCTV, is still witnessing stuff being thrown onto away fans with impunity.

At Vale Park, the police themselves often have cameras recording what goes on. A couple of cameras trained on the upper tier yesterday would have acted as a brake on the chucking of coins etc.

Finally as much as I sympathise with any Vale who came a cropper yesterday, if it came about through wearing colours then there was a degree of naivety in doing that. You'd have to be as green as a Xmas tree to think it was ever going to be a friendly atmosphere yesterday.

Let's hope Wolves go up (they deserve to, as do their noisy fans) and hostilities are put to bed for a while.

There was trouble in the first half where I was sitting.

Did you manage to sit down during the match Jean? Me and the wife were at the right of the stand (JL2) and had to stand up because everybody around us was standing and the stewards did nothing about it. Might as well have bought a standing only ticket!

Did you manage to sit down during the match Jean? Me and the wife were at the right of the stand (JL2) and had to stand up because everybody around us was standing and the stewards did nothing about it. Might as well have bought a standing only ticket!

I was up and down like a fiddler's elbow.

I apologise, I do realise Wolves fans have not got a great reputation, but honestly the problem has been 80% addressed here. I genuinely cannot think of any game this season except Vale where we have seen any trouble. WHen it is, its just young lads. Away fans can share a drink in town, that sort of thing would have been unheard of ten years ago. I do fear that there could be worse problems if and when Wolves play Vale again, though I guess police may have that sorted.

95% of Wolves fans are ordinary fans just like the majority of Vale fans.

One thing I will add about away fans at Molineux, the vast majority are housed in the North Bank quadrant because the clubs "choose the smaller 1700 allocation. Thus there is not a problem being below fans. You would be next to the North Bank but they are more or less comatosed anyway. Vale, Orient, Sheff Utd and maybe Preston chose the same Steve Bull Lower tier because they wanted the larger 2700 allocation. Coventry actually had both, which I believe is on offer if clubs want both.

Anyway, as I say, genuinely not trying to antagonise anyone.

Archived