onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Embarrassment.

valiant_593

Advert

I'm not disputing any of that

I just don't think the inclusion of a harmful rumour that was started on a Facebook banter page was necessary

If it is a rumour with no truth to it I wholeheartedly apologise, I did not hear it on a Facebook page and believed it to be true but hope that it isn't.

I didn't go today, in the main for the very same reasons stated on here. Last time I went there, years ago, I got soaked in tomato sauce squirted by Wolves fans from above..........seems like nothing has changed there then !!!

Today was yet another occasion where it was an embarrassment to be a Vale fan. Unfortunately my ticket was in the left hand corner of the stand where some of our "fans'" were behaving like school children. I wasn't intimidated as such but it was a little unpleasant for sure. Getting away from the game was the most uncomfortable Ive been getting away from a game in a while. I was surprised actually just how many idiots we actually attract. It seemed to be a very large number in my view.

As others have said some of our 'fans' need to take a long hard look in the mirror and admit their actions are damaging the image of our club and frankly they should hang their heads in shame. You can only blame others for so long. The police for me did a good job in very difficult circumstances.

two things on my mind after reading this thread:

1 - why on earth would you ever put fans above/below opposition fans, especially in a derby?

2 - it's a shame that I need to even ask that question in the first place.

two things on my mind after reading this thread:

1 - why on earth would you ever put fans above/below opposition fans, especially in a derby?

2 - it's a shame that I need to even ask that question in the first place.

It's been that way for years, it's the same at everton,Chelsea and Arsenal to name a few I think the stark reality would be that if they didn't do it today Vales allocation would have been in the hundreds not the thousands, but to be fair after what I witnessed today that would not have necessarily been a bad thing.

I was really looking forward to today, being my first game back after some time away and with a large away following but even before the game the atmosphere amongst our fans was really rather strange.

There was quite clearly idiots on both sides of the fan divide but the alarming number of idiots (which is describing them exceptionally kindly) we attracted as Vale supporters today was really rather quite frightening. They had absolutely no interest in the game and the threats they were making to the Wolves support and hurling of missiles, one of which actually hit one of their own fans who was taken away for medical treatment a few rows in front of us, was sickening. This people don't just need rooting out of our club, they need rooting out if society and castrating.

My mate who I attended with also said their were small pockets of Vale fans chasing trouble back towards the station after the game, this proves to me they came for one thing and one thing alone.

There have been too many incidents this season involving our club and for me the only way forward is a membership system other clubs have used to ensure only decent law obiding and civil fans attend who want to enjoy a game of football and pleasant and fun atmosphere manage to attend. If we lose 2-300 of this scum then do be it, the club will be much better for it in the long term.

On another note I'm not sure why Wolves are still allowed to have home fans directly over away fans with little stewarding stopping missiles being thrown both ways, it was the same in the 90s and today was just as bad, stupid segregation issue which does not excuse the actions of the scum on either side but could lessen the affect they have on decent fans.

Today was yet another occasion where it was an embarrassment to be a Vale fan. Unfortunately my ticket was in the left hand corner of the stand where some of our "fans'" were behaving like school children. I wasn't intimidated as such but it was a little unpleasant for sure. Getting away from the game was the most uncomfortable Ive been getting away from a game in a while. I was surprised actually just how many idiots we actually attract. It seemed to be a very large number in my view.

As others have said some of our 'fans' need to take a long hard look in the mirror and admit their actions are damaging the image of our club and frankly they should hang their heads in shame. You can only blame others for so long. The police for me did a good job in very difficult circumstances.

I've not read all of this thread only a few posts. But don't really agree with this post as it wasn't Vale fans who started it.

First half there was no trouble where is was sitting, but second half as soon as they scored the Wolves fans started with their antics. People around me were spat at, had bottles and hot drinks thrown at us, then a coin hit me on the shoulder. Once this started that's when all hell broke loose and Vale fans then retaliated.

Now I have supported Vale for over 30 years, been to numerous away games and never experienced behavior like that from both sets of fans. But the stewards were next to useless. Once I had been hit with the coin I spoke to a steward who did nothing, then I spoke to his supervisor who actually also witnessed a Wolves fan throw another coin but he just said to me "what do you expect me to do, this sort of thing goes on most weeks". I then missed the second goal as I speaking to his superior, who advised that I should (and I will) complain to Steve Sutton the stadium manager.

Now I don't condone what either set of fans did, as I like many are just a genuine football fan and just go to watch a football match, but until the Wolves fans started there was no trouble and I'm sorry to say but I carnt really blame people for losing their cool, just some sets of fans on both side decided to take it too far.

I've not read all of this thread only a few posts. But don't really agree with this post as it wasn't Vale fans who started it.

First half there was no trouble where is was sitting, but second half as soon as they scored the Wolves fans started with their antics. People around me were spat at, had bottles and hot drinks thrown at us, then a coin hit me on the shoulder. Once this started that's when all hell broke loose and Vale fans then retaliated.

Now I have supported Vale for over 30 years, been to numerous away games and never experienced behavior like that from both sets of fans. But the stewards were next to useless. Once I had been hit with the coin I spoke to a steward who did nothing, then I spoke to his supervisor who actually also witnessed a Wolves fan throw another coin but he just said to me "what do you expect me to do, this sort of thing goes on most weeks". I then missed the second goal as I speaking to his superior, who advised that I should (and I will) complain to Steve Sutton the stadium manager.

Now I don't condone what either set of fans did, as I like many are just a genuine football fan and just go to watch a football match, but until the Wolves fans started there was no trouble and I'm sorry to say but I carnt really blame people for losing their cool, just some sets of fans on both side decided to take it too far.

There was trouble in the first half where I was sitting.

I no the full story, I was there...

Even before the game started certain ****s were being abusive and threatening wolves fans above them, just because of how they looked. Vale fans started everything. I was in te far right and saw no vale fan spot on, I saw vale fans spitting at those in the boxes behind glass.

There was trouble in the first half where I was sitting.

Well there wasn't any trouble before half time where I was sitting, towards the right. Please just accept that some Wolves scum fans throw coins, drinks and spit indiscriminately every single week and have done for years. Vale fans responded.

Other areas it seems may have been different

Well there wasn't any trouble before half time where I was sitting, towards the right. Please just accept that some Wolves scum fans throw coins, drinks and spit indiscriminately every single week and have done for years. Vale fans responded.

Other areas it seems may have been different

I fully accept that Wolves fans were a disgrace. I also accept that Vale fans were a disgrace. I have actually sent an email to Jez Moxey asking him to explain the rationale behind putting the away fans directly beneath the home fans as this happens every week. I will let you know if I get a response.

Archived