onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Embarrassment.

valiant_593

Thanks for the clarification Row L.

I am old enough and wise enough to know most times when and where trouble is brewing and have over 30 plus years seen many acts of violence at football matches. Like you I try and use my knowledge and nous to avoid such events. What I resent and am trying to say on my posts is that why should "ordinary, law abiding fans" have to sit by or near to scum and bile who simply use these matches as a tool to get drunk/drugged up and want to fight anything that moves?

I am not a person who tries to talk down to anyone, I am just looking at possible ways that fans like me and my missus and thousands of other fantastic people who follow Vale can sit in peace and support our team.

I do shout, I do swear(at Vale, refs and opponents players) from time to time, BUT I do it in a way that is honestly acceptable for reasonable human beings acting at any football match. I don't ask that fans sit on their hands or happy clap or try and enjoy the day but I draw the line at so called Vale fans who attend away games who have no regard for anyone around them, who are out to start trouble, who are looking for a fight with anyone. You know that there are hundreds of them now appearing at every away game. Saturday was horrible. Certain people were only there to cause trouble, they actually didn't watch the match and most of them probably didn't know what the score was at any given time.

I can look after myself but my missus, kids, dads and women sat near to us (every away game where there is a huge Vale contingent) are vulnerable and to witness kids crying and women being frightened for their health at a football match is abhorrent to say the least.

The reaction to some on here to my genuine post is alarming. I have not accused any poster of being involved in the nonsense that occurred at Wolves. I have not tried to be clever. I have not wished to be seen as a do gooder. I simply want to get more people like me to try and see if we can actually find a solution to the hooliganism that is ruining the game and is harming Port Vale.

I agree that when there is a smallish crowd at away games the trouble appears to be almost non existent and everyone can enjoy their day. I was at Plymouth recently and the other 130 fans had a great time, without any nonsense or trouble(except for a 2 minute rant by Adams at a fan who apparently had upset him)! However it is obvious that when we have a sell out or near as damn it away we have to endure sitting in seats allocated and that usually means some morons are very close by trying to look "hard" in gangs and inciting trouble.

ALL I ask is if there is anything that can be done to allow people like me etc to sit in areas that cannot be infiltrated by the moronic mob that somehow purchase tickets to these games. Is that reason to abuse me on this thread? Is that reason to query my thoughts?

Cheers REP for what you have posted. I know there are those on here who instantly dislike anything you state but I have had the pleasure of meeting you away from Vale and know that you, too are an upstanding, decent , true Vale fan who simply wants the best for Vale and your self and mates.

Wow! I seem to have started something inadvertently as all I wanted to achieve was like minded fans pondering if they could come up with any ideas to combat the disease that is rife in Football and most certainly rears it's ugly head at Vale away games.

Anyone who seriously wants to question that is not on the same wave length as me and I do wonder if my years of supporting Vale have eaten away my grey cells?

Fully agree with that post,well said.

Advert

What Wolves choose to do about there fans is up to them but I wish to God that we didn't attract those amongst our away support who are hell bent on causing as much trouble as possible.

This is the key for me, we have to address our own issues first and it's what the club and SC need to action.

The statement from the SC seemed to concentrate on everything else and then as an after thought mentioned the actions of our fans including the smoke bomb.

The only arrests were Vale fans, I recognise Wolves failed, their fans failed etc but we have the problem that is following us around the league particularly this season and if we fail to take obvious action to clear up our own problems this will only escalate.

The majority of fans who have come on this thread seem to be decent supporters of football and of the Vale in particular. This is not to exonerate the Vale mob who were clearly out for trouble but I did feel that the arrangements within the ground were simply asking for trouble - the idea that Wolves fans could be "seated" directly above Vale fans was stupid to say the least and made confrontations easy. There seems to be an attitude of the authorities to simply contain trouble rather than deal with it. When trouble is allowed to ferment inside a closed area like the Molineux, there is no way it can be prevented within a town the size of Wolverhampton or even Burslem. As ever the trouble is not a football problem but a social problem of attitude and mob violence. We must deal with our own problems and the Supporters Club have an important role to play.

Not the players, the so called fans. The amount of "fans" who blatantly only turned up for a right was a disgrace. I sat in the bottom right on the stand and witnessed countless abuse, people throwing coins, Breaking chairs and even worse spitting. It was an utter discrace and I'm completely embarrassed to be a vale fan. Come out the ground and those fans again are looking to start fights, and clash with police. Utter rubbish scummy fans, not going away games again utill we sort these cretins out.

People may say it happens at every club but at vale much more and much worse.

Players gave their all but were outclassed.

Something tells me your just after attention!

Something tells me your just after attention!

Ey? After attention? My day was completely ruined by some cretins who claim to be vale fans... But no its ok lets just let these shocking actions by vale 'fans' go under the carpet as they always do, I know lets blame the police again. Is it fair for vale fans to go to a match and feel uncomfortable all game and at times worried because it is kicking off right next to you? I was trying to watch the team and support them but alls i had were 4 ***** in front of me who spent the match facing the wrong way giving wolves fans abuse and were blatantly high as ****. Behind was a guy who seemed calm until we conceded and then began smashing seats. Is this right? But no im attention seeking, next time i wont post on here and we will let these scummy fans make the name of pvfc even worse and ruin many more away days for families and fans in general. *****.

If you were as close as you claim to have been you'd have seen the Wolves fans who were spitting so you can't have been. There were at least a dozen people, myself included, that could have picked the Wolves fan out who spat. Even two stewards in our stand saw it and told their boss to tell the people upstairs to find the person responsible. I heard the comversation first hand.

So I'm sorry but you're talking utter crap.

Excuse me?! I can put a ****ing photo of my ticket on to prove where I was sitting if that makes you feel any better. I was trying to concentrate on the match rather than watching the trouble. You know what I paid to do. Fair enough if you heard or saw that I didnt but that dosent mean I wasn't there when I was. I'm not talking utter crap I am describing what I saw. Out of interest did you see the guys smashing the seats up because that happened to the right of the stand. Or am I talking utter crap there as well?

There's no point in debating with Twitters. He gets one idea in his head and that's that! The amount of spit on the exex box windows was an utter disgrace. There were young kids in there having to be subjected to this. Why take it out on them?

I don't know how it started, but when people starting lobbing things up as well, it's kind of hypocritical.

The title of this thread is BANG ON!

Would also like to know ive got -5 on a post where i said id prefer to sit with those who support the club, rather than those who turn up to fight. Dont understand this site at times.

It says more about them than it does you trust me I'm an expert on this! ;)

Don't let it worry you in the slightest and just :D along knowing the concencus of those that can actually type rather than click one button are in agreement with you ;)

You can always join my club, membership is free but if you don't like it you could always just view via the mobile site as you can't see them :)

I could sense there was a bit of tension in the air as soon as we got to Wolverhampton.

The frightening thing was that the Police had even made this fixture a Category A affair (same level of policing as a Wolves v WBA game). That is a worrying indication of how fans of other clubs and Police perceive of the expected behaviour of the minority of Vale fans. There has been a history of trouble during Wolves v Vale games dating back to the 90s when we were both in the old Division One.

I would estimate that a good 2-300 of the away following went for the sole reason of causing trouble. We left a just before their penality and we were walking as same side as Wolves fans. However across from us were a large group of Vale fans wanting to cause a ruck who were being marched back to the train station by the Police. At one point a Wolves wannabee hooligan was astonished by how many Vale 'lads' had turned up and said "oh **** we're outnumbered".

We have got a hooligan element and it only seems to be growing. However what I would say is that I was in the JL4 section and did see their fans in the upper tier goading the away support, but more significantly, also witnessed the Vale fans becoming outraged about a couple of their fans throwing various objects which many have already been mentioned by some on here. The Stewards did nothing and many Vale fans even pointed out the culprit, but they did nothing.

I wouldn't disagree with that estimate at all

I suspect it is quite a bit on the high side. You'd have to question why there were only 5 arrests if that was the case. Very small sample I know, but there were 12 in our group (of which McPhee4Scotland was one). None of us had any desire for trouble, though I suspect most if not all of us stood up for passages of play, swore at Wolves players and fans, drank, sang etc... I don't know the motivation of other fans, but to some, I dare say we were "looking for trouble".

Archived