onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

'Shots 1 - Vale 3 Post Match Comments

Paul6754

Agreed Jean a Great result from a mediocre game played in very poor conditions.......Their Striker Lopez a class act i must say.

As for their slum of a Ground i agree what a dump......Its a Military Town and i guess its part of the SAS entrance exam to get in to the Ground through the away entrance :(.......I mentioned a few physical problems to the Stewards and myself and my 'Carer' Carpetman John were allowed through a little gate and i limped slowly through the away exits assisted by 'Carer John'. ;)

Advert

Agreed Jean a Great result from a mediocre game played in very poor conditions.......Their Striker Lopez a class act i must say.

As for their slum of a Ground i agree what a dump......Its a Military Town and i guess its part of the SAS entrance exam to get in to the Ground through the away entrance :(.......I mentioned a few physical problems to the Stewards and myself and my 'Carer' Carpetman John were allowed through a little gate and i limped slowly through the away exits assisted by 'Carer John'. ;)

Thanks jim...I only did it cuz I didn't fancy the lung sapping climb up the forest walk out of the ground....cor what a dump! Like jean says how do they pass health and safety

That's another ground chalked off don't think I want to go there again...but all in all a scrappy game which if you want promotion you have to win

Thought Ryan burge had an excellent game yesterday so plenty of encouragement for him came from me and jimmy...good job really as we were sat next to his dad all game and he didn't tell us until the last few minutes....good job he didn't have a stinker!!!

And a fair few are in non league or out of the league and back in. Isn't football strange!

I've never seen a Vale promotion. I really hope we do it this year!

Let's hope so DH cos it's a treat. The last time was 93-94 when we won promotion on the last day of the season at the old Goldstone Ground in Hove. There can't have been many better days, 3-1 win with the winning goal from Foyley right in front of the away end packed with Vale fans. Mental!

Rest of the season was pretty good too, knocking Southampton out of the cup in a replay at Vale Park. It would be nice to see a repeat this season, starting next week. Good summary of the season in wiki for anyone interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993–94_Port_Vale_F.C._season

And a fair few are in non league or out of the league and back in. Isn't football strange!

I've never seen a Vale promotion. I really hope we do it this year!

Dave, I hope so to! It's such a brilliant feeling! We're of to Vegas again the day after the last game at Wycome. I'm soooo tempted to go but just not sure i'd get back in time for the flight should that game seal our promotion to Div 1! :drink:

Dave, I hope so to! It's such a brilliant feeling! We're of to Vegas again the day after the last game at Wycome. I'm soooo tempted to go but just not sure i'd get back in time for the flight should that game seal our promotion to Div 1! :drink:

I am hoping if we are in the position to get automatic promotion then I hope it is tied up before the last game as it falls on my little boys birthday.

I really hope this is our year!

Let's hope so DH cos it's a treat. The last time was 93-94 when we won promotion on the last day of the season at the old Goldstone Ground in Hove. There can't have been many better days, 3-1 win with the winning goal from Foyley right in front of the away end packed with Vale fans. Mental!

Rest of the season was pretty good too, knocking Southampton out of the cup in a replay at Vale Park. It would be nice to see a repeat this season, starting next week. Good summary of the season in wiki for anyone interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993–94_Port_Vale_F.C._season

wow!! we only won 1 of our 1st 7 games and didnt get into the top 3 till the 40th game look at some of the attendances 10,000 against exeter

Well my day began at 1ish. Arrived at the ground with my BBC pal and had a chat to Mick Cullerton and the groundsman. Mick really is a good bloke. Groundsman said that if there was any heavy rain in the next 2 hours the match would be abandoned. Luckily this didn't arrive until the 80mins mark.

Conditions dictated it would be a messy game so I'm not marking down for poor possession and distribution.

Neal: Another comfortable display. One of the best keepers I've seen. No dramas or anything. Oh he did use the power of the Force to knock the Aldershot striker so I think he's a Jedi. Might explain a few things.

Back 4: All pretty solid. Hope McDonald's injury isn't serious but Chilvers came on and played like he'd been there all season.

Wingers: Difficult conditions meant they wouldn't get much chance but Myrie-W got the penalty through his determination. Another good penalty too.

Kingsley James: First time I've seen him over 90mins and he was ok. Probably doesn't have the skills to create defence splitting passes but he's got a good motor.

Ryan Burge: Man of the Match for me because of his second half performance. Sprinted back and forth, scored, won countless tackles. Brilliant.

Pope: Poor Popey was beaten up and the two centre halves played out of their skins to subdue him. The centre half got man of them match. However with Vale, you mark one goal scorer and we've got another 6 players who can knock it in.

Williamson: Another tireless performance and got a good goal.

Messy game but it came down to adapting to the conditions.

The Shots fans have apparently been booing the team recently and this was their best performance at home in some time.

Dean Holdsworth is also the best dressed manager I've ever seen.

Feeling a bit optimistic about potentially our first promotion in 18 years yesterday, in a bit of wishful thinking I had a look at Adams Park for the last game of the season. Away stand only holds 2000!

Wycombe would surely make more space but 3000-3500 would still be miles short of demand!!!!!

Look at us getting all promotional in November!! Love it.

Coming up for the chesterfield game with the family and can't wait to stick some hard earned dollar into the new owners hands 2 kids want the new kit, Christmas stuff for the old man and 3 points will do nicely.

Oh times are good

UTV

Archived