onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

'Shots 1 - Vale 3 Post Match Comments

Paul6754

Imagine where we'd be if we didn't drop points against Rochdale, York and Dagenham. Case for Accrington too as their goal led a charmed life.

JPT, Bradford have a very depleted squad with the defence all in A&E as one of their fans put it, Doyle suspended and a few others with knocks. They have Arsenal week after us that they'll be concentrating on. Hopefully we can get a result and meet Crwho in the Semi Finals.

And Torquay at home !

Advert

Incredibly chuffed today - what a week for all Vale fans - not been bettered for a decade or more.

Not able to go today and safe journey home to the 200+ who did make it.

Really looking forward to being part of making a lot of noise next week.

League wise I have a shared bet with my mate where we have £10 at 40:1 to win the league and £20 at 10:1 to get promoted. and the beauty of it is that its with Bet 365.

Gills have a difficult game at Rotherham Saturday after next. Fortunately for us Tommy Forecast will be in goal for them who is apparently (http://www.thefootballforum.net/index.php?/topic/213083-the-astounding-abilities-of-the-fantastic-mr-forecast/) absolutely shocking. That's followed by a difficult away game at Fleetwood...we could catch up and go top.

Chesterfield at home and Cheltenham away are very tough tests though.

Chesterfield are an in form team and Ricos coming good for them.

We score so many different types of goals Chesterfield at home I'd urge every person get to that game ,I'm glad RICO is finding the net it's going be one hell of a game .

I am not one for getting players sent off BUT Richards will be so wound up for this game and because of how he plays and how we know he can be i think there could be a danger of him getting himself in trouble.

Imagine where we'd be if we didn't drop points against Rochdale, York and Dagenham. Case for Accrington too as their goal led a charmed life.

Of the games I've seen only they York game disappointed me, we are bound to drop points for all sorts of reasons throughout the season but that game took me back to our recent bad days.

But Tosh we still didn't get beat mate.

Werstayinup - I'm sure Rico will be wanting to score as professional pride will see him want to play better than Popey but I'm pretty sure he wont celebrate it too much if he does score. I wouldn't mind betting he'll be delighted if we get promoted.

Got huge respect for Rico and what he did whilst at the Vale.

The table tells a great story tonight. The Gills must be looking over their shoulder after today's result as we gradually erode their lead and close them down with a better goal difference. Interestingly, Cheltenham are also now being chased by Southend who are on a six match unbeaten run in which they've won four with a goal difference of 10 (F14 A4), so we could see a change in the top three over the coming weeks. Makes our result at Roots Hall look even better!

I said after we played them that Gillingham wouldn't be top at the end of the season and i will stick by that even though tthey are still doing ok,i am not too sure we will top it either but who knows,January strengthening will be crucial.

Werstayinup - I'm sure Rico will be wanting to score as professional pride will see him want to play better than Popey but I'm pretty sure he wont celebrate it too much if he does score. I wouldn't mind betting he'll be delighted if we get promoted.

Spot on

Dave,i agree but you have to admit that whilst wanting to score he will get wound up just because of how he plays

There's always if buts and maybe's over a season. Very very good result today in difficult conditions. We should stick together, keep doing our thing, and sod the rest. They'll do what they do. If we keep on going this way we'll go up. Good spirit in the team- who last year would have thought Kingsley and Burge would have been playing centre mid in a second in the league team with Pope top scorer? Softly softly catchee monkee. We are Port Vale, we'll sneak under the radar.......

Looking at other teams' results at this stage seems pessimistic to me. It's in our own hands. Come March/April then yes, we may need favours from others if we haven't done enough ourselves. Let's just keep scoring and winning and we won't need to worry about the rest.

I am not one for getting players sent off BUT Richards will be so wound up for this game and because of how he plays and how we know he can be i think there could be a danger of him getting himself in trouble.
defo red card or another injury for Rico during the game, this game is close to Christmas.

Archived