onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

'Shots 1 - Vale 3 Post Match Comments

Paul6754

Just read through the whole lot of this. Some of you seriously need to have a word with yourselves. We were away in ***** conditions against a team fighting for their lives and who had just beaten Burton. A draw would have done, but to win is excellent, whatever the performance was like.

This.

I really feared for us today. Fantastic result.

Advert

Not a great performance in terms of quality but a great battling win in dreadful conditions.

Great win to end a great week.

I said earlier on when we were flying that sooner or later we must start grinding results out, we aren't firing on all cylinders now but are picking up the points, a very good sign.:yes:

Yes sounds like we didn't play great but 3 goals n 3 points you can't really complain. Luckily only one booking with McCombe too, as I'd have been gutted had Pope got one today n missed Sheffield United.

Winning when you don't play well is great, they are not all going to be Fleetwood n Rotherham performance and the conditions today couldn't have been easy!

The table tells a great story tonight. The Gills must be looking over their shoulder after today's result as we gradually erode their lead and close them down with a better goal difference. Interestingly, Cheltenham are also now being chased by Southend who are on a six match unbeaten run in which they've won four with a goal difference of 10 (F14 A4), so we could see a change in the top three over the coming weeks. Makes our result at Roots Hall look even better!

Grind the results out, we cant expect gala performances every week, it is building the points up that matters, showboating can wait until April. Now for a change, cup games to be won and anything can happen, but keep away from shoot-outs against the Bantams.

Imagine where we'd be if we didn't drop points against Rochdale, York and Dagenham. Case for Accrington too as their goal led a charmed life.

JPT, Bradford have a very depleted squad with the defence all in A&E as one of their fans put it, Doyle suspended and a few others with knocks. They have Arsenal week after us that they'll be concentrating on. Hopefully we can get a result and meet Crwho in the Semi Finals.

Imagine where Aldershot would be if they hadn't lost all those games and actually scored some goals.

What a load of ****** on radio joke

Not that bad today as Micky Cullerton gave me and OVF a mention during commentary, as I had previously reminded him that I never saw him get his shirt dirty when he played for Vale!!!He told me last week, at the unveiling of Sproson Statue, that it was because he was a well balanced skillful player.I must agree with him:laugh:

Archived