onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wycombe (H) match thread - 16th April

9 minutes ago, Smugsy said:

Difficult to find a new way of describing a match that highlights the same issues we've seen all season long. The lack of quality in the squad is evident from a defence that lacks organisation and leadership to an attack that trys it's best but has the cutting edge of a blunt spoon. The squad is simply not good enough for League One football and there's not many, if any, who will be playing it next season. 

I honestly don’t know if some are good enough for league 2. The Yak and Debrah are dreadful for example.

• Like 1

Advert

1 hour ago, manc_vale said:

Another poor night in what is a memorable season for all the wrong reasons. Can we just stop it all now and say we are down. What a god awful season this has been.

• Terrible recruitment
  • Poor pre-season - and this is despite the club being stable. This is usually an indicator of chaos behind the scenes - but no, this was the result of the 'pruhcess'
  • Started with a massive wake up call with an absolute hammering by Barnsley  
  • Couple of fortunate results early on flattered to deceive
  • Got found out
  • Lost all talent from the side at Christmas
  • No recruitment in January
  • Injuries to the only decent outfield players
  • No squad depth
  • No wing backs
  • Poor defence
  • No attackers

Hate the team and I hate the strip. Hopefully both are gone by next season. Please DM give me some hope for next season by saying how you cannot wait to get rid of the dead wood..   Lets get some new talentless cast offs and bully boy defenders ready for a season in the lump it league. Hopefully we avoid the double dip that has befallen Forest Green...

And £18 million in debt.

37 minutes ago, Wandering Seagull said:

No, he probably won't. But the question was, why did you sign him? The reason was, he had an excellent season playing in this league last season.

................and that is a straight and accurate answer to a specific question. I don't know what makes it different playing for Morecambe and playing for Port Vale - that is for you to discuss and analyse. His time at Port Vale has certainly been a disappointment - whatever the reasons..

He was no better at Blackpool. He’s barely a footballer, I can’t think of anything he has done in a vale shirt, anonymous most if not all games, afraid to tackle, no engine, not creative, can’t pass,  I honestly don’t know what he does. 

Even if we get rid of the dead wood which is rotting we are still left with a load fungus laden dead wood under contract. So what scares me, is that I am thinking who on earth, as a player would want to come play with this crop of cow muck that we have.

We are really gonna struggle to stay in league next season. People not looking forward to Crawley away? They may be overtaking us.

• Like 1

Overall after initial first 10 where we started off so slowly it was like watching a over 60s side in that phase of game, they have missed two sitters and scored one when the same goal v Barnsley resurfaced what I don't get if  Vokes is Smiths man why wasn't marking him when he had the free header why did  he ended up being Grants man .

After that lofts hit a fine volley and Icavettis headed over when easier head in we did OK in terms of possession but lack pace where it matters. 

Apart from Chislett there's very few players who have star quality he took is equaliser brilliantly.

Then we had a spell for 10 mins where Walters was doing well .

Then as game looked like drifting to a draw with Ripley needlessly hitting long all the time that's not Uches strength play it too his feet there centre half's dominated us in the air 

The winning goal well was it offside the fact ew trying do that in 85th minute of game was bizarre say the least and low and behold they stickil it n for 3 points they didn't even want judging by how they played 

Says it all really .

A very bad season summed up in one game defence no questions asked concede goals out of nothing 

Moore to not play mighten is criminal there's no pace in side as it is .

How we ever supposed win a penalty 

If no  one drives into the box ..

Once Chislett went off we had nothing 

Weir doesn't seem strong enough .

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Wandering Seagull said:

Perhaps because he scored 10 goals from midfield in this league last season, for a team fighting relegation?

I for one was pleased when we signed Weir on loan, principally because he'd already had a season in Lge 1 and scored 10 goals. He started the abandoned game against Reading and looked really good for the brief time the game lasted but since then he's been average at best.

It's a mystery to me why he's not done well and prospered at Vale as there's a player in there and he's been given every chance. It must be down to chemistry and style of play.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, For Us All said:

I don't whether it's down to the Bycars End curse or the Tuesday night home curse?

Talking of which, when we reconvene in August it will be the grand total of 28 months without a night league victory .

Be interesting to see how many games that entails. 

4 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Even if we get rid of the dead wood which is rotting we are still left with a load fungus laden dead wood under contract. So what scares me, is that I am thinking who on earth, as a player would want to come play with this crop of cow muck that we have.

We are really gonna struggle to stay in league next season. People not looking forward to Crawley away? They may be overtaking us.

As you say Melbourne it's going be difficult to recruit good players to come into such a poor team, although as they say money talks. Equally as important is how do we offload a team full of under contract losers ?. I'm sure teams will be looking to take the few shining lights we have, which are the only ones worth keeping. Garrity and Chizzys excellent goal tallies in an awful team will have put them on plenty of League 1 teams radar.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, man in the pub said:

As you say Melbourne it's going be difficult to recruit good players to come into such a poor team, although as they say money talks. Equally as important is how do we offload a team full of under contract losers ?. I'm sure teams will be looking to take the few shining lights we have, which are the only ones worth keeping. Garrity and Chizzys excellent goal tallies in an awful team will have put them on plenty of League 1 teams radar.

Chislett firstly at Wimbledon and now at Vale, and Garrity are proven goalscoring midfielders.

Who knows but I'd expect League one clubs be queuing up for both.

Thanks to those two we weren't relegated in January. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

Ultimately we can analyse other things but point 1 is the key reason there. For a club like us and our budget if we get our recruitment wrong it's just too much to overcome. Obviously that's all Flitcrofts domain or was but really it needed someone to challenge him on how it was we had such an imbalanced squad which has come back to bite us.

What is so worrying is that the recruitment was the  obvious problem highlighted on OVF from the end of last season. It was a flashing red warning light that the club chose to ignore. As regards to challenges to Flitcroft, Carol made it obvious he was bomb proof, and that's despite a fans revolt, which was ignored. Fairplay to the fans delegation who went and spoke to Carol and had to open her eyes to the fact that the Emperor had no clothes .

Ok I get it that Carol has little footballing experience but as a business person in any industry, you ignore your customers justifyable complaints at your peril.

37 minutes ago, man in the pub said:

Unfortunately the three that I’d like to keep in garrity, chiz & dipepa will be off. What a terrible season it’s been 

• Like 2