onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wycombe (H) match thread - 16th April

Advert

10 hours ago, pvfc1994 said:

I'd genuinely say Bruno Ribeiros European dream team was better than this current squad. 

Rigino Cicilia > Ryan Loft

Paulo Tavares > Funso Ojo

Ben Purkiss > Tom Sang

Jak Alnwick > Connor Ripley

Kiko > Conor Grant

Chris Mbamba > Gavin Massey

Okay, maybe not the last one.. Just. 

Then add the likes of Jerome Thomas, Andre Bikey, Anthony Grant, Ryan Taylor, even Alex Jones.

Everyone of those would get into this current squad which shows how poor we really are. 

tbf i liked kiko i thought he was a fantastic player.

• Like 2

This is the worst type of relegation where it is based on mismanagement, malaise and overconfidence. 

If we were promoted as scrappy underdogs, had a much smaller budget and we fought hard but narrowly went down, you could accept it.

The problem is we are left with a team of losers on lg1 contracts, who have nothing about them.

The only players I want to keep will go, and I don't blame them. Garrity and Chislett both deserve a decent move to a mid table league one team.

Aside from all that the only thing that gives me hope for next season is our youth team. Seems like we are beginning to get that pipeline of players and most I've seen have been decent. Also the plant, Shorrock, Lomax crop etc will all be a year older and hopefully a bit more physical.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, pvfc1994 said:

I'd genuinely say Bruno Ribeiros European dream team was better than this current squad. 

Rigino Cicilia > Ryan Loft

Paulo Tavares > Funso Ojo

Ben Purkiss > Tom Sang

Jak Alnwick > Connor Ripley

Kiko > Conor Grant

Chris Mbamba > Gavin Massey

Okay, maybe not the last one.. Just. 

Then add the likes of Jerome Thomas, Andre Bikey, Anthony Grant, Ryan Taylor, even Alex Jones.

Everyone of those would get into this current squad which shows how poor we really are. 

I disagree. I’d take Mbamba over Gav any day of the week 😆

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alan Vit said:

If anyone would like a straw to clutch at, after their draw tonight Bolton know that they are in the play-offs but can't make the automatic spots, given that Derby's remaining games are Cambridge and Carlisle (and Derby currently have 3 points + GD advantage).

So Bolton are likely to play a good number of their fringe players for a large part of the next two games and save their first choice players for the play-offs.

Yes, I know that it is a flimsy straw but there you go, best I've got.

But their fringe players are better than our first team. If they sub in fans we might have a chance.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Talking of which, when we reconvene in August it will be the grand total of 28 months without a night league victory .

Be interesting to see how many games that entails. 

I think we managed to beat Blackpool 3-0 on a Friday night but I can't remember the last time we won a home league game on a Tuesday night? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

This is the worst type of relegation where it is based on mismanagement, malaise and overconfidence. 

If we were promoted as scrappy underdogs, had a much smaller budget and we fought hard but narrowly went down, you could accept it.

The problem is we are left with a team of losers on lg1 contracts, who have nothing about them.

The only players I want to keep will go, and I don't blame them. Garrity and Chislett both deserve a decent move to a mid table league one team.

Aside from all that the only thing that gives me hope for next season is our youth team. Seems like we are beginning to get that pipeline of players and most I've seen have been decent. Also the plant, Shorrock, Lomax crop etc will all be a year older and hopefully a bit more physical.

Uche was man of the match v Exeter and Wycombe. Deservedly so. Ojo is good holding midfield player. Garrity OK. Chislett has scored some goals, but gets tackled often in vulnerable positions too deep. 

At L2 level, Ojo can be a useful older player who controls the game. His problem in L1 is that many of the other players, particularly the whole back 5, aren't good enough on the ball. So his attempts at controlled possession and constructive passing can be ineffective. 

I'm fed up. I know PV isn't the wealthiest club, but there is no reason for us to have a team that got relegated. There are several clubs above us such as Lincoln and Exeter I'd expect us to compete well against. So, I guess I have to accept mismanagement prior to Darren Moore and including the former DoF are to blame. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Warren said:

Uche was man of the match v Exeter and Wycombe. Deservedly so. Ojo is good holding midfield player. Garrity OK. Chislett has scored some goals, but gets tackled often in vulnerable positions too deep. 

At L2 level, Ojo can be a useful older player who controls the game. His problem in L1 is that many of the other players, particularly the whole back 5, aren't good enough on the ball. So his attempts at controlled possession and constructive passing can be ineffective. 

I'm fed up. I know PV isn't the wealthiest club, but there is no reason for us to have a team that got relegated. There are several clubs above us such as Lincoln and Exeter I'd expect us to compete well against. So, I guess I have to accept mismanagement prior to Darren Moore and including the former DoF are to blame. 

I think we tried to be too clever. We took too much notice of statistical analysis of individual player performance. On paper it would be simple enough to pick the best performing player from each position in the league and put them together to make a promotion winning team. Even if that were possible in real life there is no guarantee that it would bring success. It is so sad that we have made such a mess of things but tried so hard and wasted so much money.

10 hours ago, Aguar61 said:

Not me mate,I just keep drinking heavily 👍😄

I was thinking of knocking the booze on the head but there's no way I can even contemplate that at the moment watching the Vale week in week out , would drive anybody to booze in my opinion 😬 👍

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think we tried to be too clever. We took too much notice of statistical analysis of individual player performance. On paper it would be simple enough to pick the best performing player from each position in the league and put them together to make a promotion winning team. Even if that were possible in real life there is no guarantee that it would bring success. It is so sad that we have made such a mess of things but tried so hard and wasted so much money.

There was no matrix. It was just whoever was wandering around cheap in need of work. Uche..signed not because he was needed but because the window had closed and he was all we could afford.

Wilson: Have a contract as nobody else wants him with the injury record, but we will take you back if you’ll play for 2k a week. 

Etc Etc 

March…some bloke who has not played since October…Deklan Wynne…have a contract. 

So it continues….