onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wycombe (H) match thread - 16th April

1 hour ago, NW9Valiant said:

Loft is out so looking forward to probably Lowe being in our midfield again (dear God) with Garrity up front with Dipepa. 

Starting to wonder if there’s any players in the youth team worth calling up. Can’t get much worse. 

You know what I’d be minded to give Ben Lomax a look on the right. Can’t be worse defensively than Sang was in the second half yesterday. Can put Sang in the middle then. Maybe give Brazier a spot in the squad too. We’re not going to survive now so may as well see what some of the others have ahead of next season.

• Like 2

Advert

3 hours ago, Dipepa delight said:

Enjoy the game .

Working that night so was iffing and erring whether go after yesterday's second half capitulation there is no chance I'm going go in work a hr late for that shower .

If Cheltenham lose I think there game will  end 0-0 we have a chance but after yesterday unless 11 garrities and Uches turn out and play how they both did yesterday and 9 others play as well for whole 90 not go home at half time but remain on the pitch as statues then we  have no chance.

How Moore hasn't substituted at least 5 after first attack of second half yesterday  I don't know as Ripley had to make a save as the whole team switched off then majority stayed switched off all second half as they gave Exeter all there goals through marking a Sunday league teams 2 fans be annoyed about never mind a professional so called football club.

Moores faith in back players as cost us Lopaco after him and Icavetti stopping a avalanche of goals v Fleetwood Lopaco bar Derby game hasn't being seen since .

That sums Moore up he as just being hoodwinked .

Like I say enjoy the game .

5-0 Wycombe 

Moore hoodwinked as well. There is a lot of hoodwinking going on at Vale at the minute. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WV said:

Moore hoodwinked as well. There is a lot of hoodwinking going on at Vale at the minute. 

I will be there but not expecting much in the way of success and if we lose and results don’t go our way we could be gone as our goal difference is beyond awful

1 hour ago, Raveninblack said:

I will be there but not expecting much in the way of success and if we lose and results don’t go our way we could be gone as our goal difference is beyond awful

Yes 7 goals conceded in 2 games at times it seems like we haven't had a defence as players go wandering off .

We were in a ok place at 2-0 up at 4-2 down and a minus 30 goal difference not so a very bad place .

Well for me Exeter asked very few questions of us yet scored 4 ,and maybe should have had 6 v Posh put 3 wide what were easier put in then once went ahead just ran at us all second half down the right side ,not left icavetti I suppose as overall been doing a ok job the other side though I think 3 of four goals yesterday come from that side and you have to watch the goals to see quite clearly players were not dying for the cause they were giving oceans of space for goals 2 /3/ 4  the first id have to see again but player should be blocking it anyway should imagine it flew in off a coward ,goal 2 a corner,surely Smith should markJules not fresh air (no idea what position fresh air plays )he had put it in like a striker withno opposition to it 

Goal 3 players went on walkabout .

Goal 4 Sang makes big error ball comes in central defenders wrong side of man yet again simple  finish .

Like a horror story .

I would change the back line rather have Uche back there than some of them there atrocious .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dipepa delight said:

Yes 7 goals conceded in 2 games at times it seems like we haven't had a defence as players go wandering off .

We were in a ok place at 2-0 up at 4-2 down and a minus 30 goal difference not so a very bad place .

Well for me Exeter asked very few questions of us yet scored 4 ,and maybe should have had 6 v Posh put 3 wide what were easier put in then once went ahead just ran at us all second half down the right side ,not left icavetti I suppose as overall been doing a ok job the other side though I think 3 of four goals yesterday come from that side and you have to watch the goals to see quite clearly players were not dying for the cause they were giving oceans of space for goals 2 /3/ 4  the first id have to see again but player should be blocking it anyway should imagine it flew in off a coward ,goal 2 a corner,surely Smith should markJules not fresh air (no idea what position fresh air plays )he had put it in like a striker withno opposition to it 

Goal 3 players went on walkabout .

Goal 4 Sang makes big error ball comes in central defenders wrong side of man yet again simple  finish .

Like a horror story .

I would change the back line rather have Uche back there than some of them there atrocious .

The defence is a complete car crash. Opening day defeat set the standard. 

Whatever combination we've used they've all been tripe.

There is no words for some performances I've seen from Smith,Jones,Debrah and Grant. I've never got the Debrah love in. He's awful. Lowe is a league 2 squad player at best yet has probably played 30 games.

Iacovitti has been ok and dreadful. He'd be my pick although not much competition. 

Clark a disastrous season. Not fair to include the young lads in the equation. 

Lopata a joke of a signing as was the Liverpool lad. And then we pull a rabbit out of the hat with a bizarre left back signing who has played 100 games in a decade. No idea what that's all about as it's only till the end of the season. 

All in all we've moaned about the lack of strikers when the other end of the pitch is full of carthorses who struggle to control a football or pass to a white shirt 5 yards away.

Absolutely shocking. And most if not all are with us next season. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Doha said:

One of the top 2/3 most important signings for L2 next season will be a new Captain.

I've just been reading loads of player signing press releases from this season and there's so much emphasis dedicated to gushing over how nice they are. It's <ovf censored> pathetic. Lopata got shoved face first into an advertising board at Cheltenham away, the dossers just watched unbothered. Yates/Pope/Gibbo/Morsy/Hall etc would have gone mental. Not this lot, here you go Cheltenham here's your 3 points from a losing position.

I am very surprised given his playing style and but Smith has demonstrated time and time again he was a poor choice to be Captain. He can't steel them up. We've fallen apart like wet cardboard far too many times. We need an entirely new face to head up a 95% new squad.

Whenever I listen to praise and grumble on the journey home I’ve heard Yates say the same thing on more than one occasion. He played with some of those players you mention too. Having a nasty side and a team that battles for each other is an intangible part of the game that you can’t actually quantify what players like that add to your team. A tackle, a flare up, a confrontation are all things that can lift a crowd or your team mates. 

Edited by PV1973

It’s painfully obvious that a few don’t want to be here. 
Take Ojo as an example. 
A nice 3500 quid a week. Under contract. He knows if we go down he will get a move to another league 1 club on similar money or better AND a lovely little signing on fee in his back pocket. I don’t blame him for downing tools so I’d just drop him entirely. He’s got clear talent but has packed in. So he can just clear off now for me. 
As for others who think they’ll get a move if we go down, they will, into non league. Because they are garbage in the main. 
So if they don’t want to do it for Port Vale Football Club, then those that do get picked, at least do it for your own pride and families.

Without doubt this is the most separated squad from the fans in terms of a connection.

So has for my team….. First name on the team sheet would be Ben Garrity. 2nd name would be Chizzy. 3rd would be Dipepa, who has been improving hugely in ridiculous circumstances for the kid. 4th Ripley. I don’t think he’s the best but he’s over worked every single game!! And quite frankly anyone else I couldn’t care less about. The other young kids aren’t good enough and the rest of that squad can all leave as far as I’m concerned. 

Apart from those 4 I’d say can any of the other players look themselves in the mirror and say they’ve given their all and are good enough for league football. It’s hugely debatable.

The sad thing is we say the same thing week after week and I’m 100% certain the players read these sites and they hear the critics. They listen to the podcast. They hear the fans in the ground slagging them off. And it’s all justified! And how do they answer back???? With more pathetic gutless displays! 
Are they real men? 
Are they going to stand up and be counted in last chance saloon on Tuesday? 
Or will they carry on with their pathetic, crawl in their shell displays, like we have been used to, collectively and individually.

Stick that as your team talk Darren and see how many want it and how many have the grapefruits to make the supporters eat humble pie and make the supporters believe that they care and can perform a miracle.

• Like 9