onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Northampton (A) match thread - 1st April

robf

21 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

My comment above referred to their second goal. It wasn't insinuating that we're down. All still to play for, but I do believe we'll need 50 points which obviously means another 11 points in final 6 games. A tough ask from this current team!

Promotion form 12 points from 6 games, 3 home wins and 1 win away, gives us 51 points.

Advert

1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:

Promotion form 12 points from 6 games, 3 home wins and 1 win away, gives us 51 points.

It's the hope that kills you. 

This time next Wednesday it will be a lot clearer after Cheltenham beat Carlisle and we get our annual thrashing at Peterborough. 

DM has got to get what he can from this shower of <ovf censored> assembled by DF and his process.

Come May, we need to get rid of most of these players. We can all see they're not good enough.

BUT we need DM to find a formula to get at least three more wins out of them! IF he can do that, then he's a good manager.

If he can't, we can't really judge him as he's only picked up DFs mess. 

It's a miracle (in my opinion) that he's got two wins out of them! Two wins in ten, we now need at least three wins in six! 

Like it or not, it's massive that both Cheltenham and Burton are still in the scrap with us for 20th. DC has 7 games left, MP 5 games, DM 6 games. 

Arguably the best I've seen us play this season was home to Wigan. GM had a very rare good game. We need to win next Saturday to get the momentum back.

UTV!

• Like 1

I thought we were pretty poor today, but I would have happily took 6 points from the last 9 available. 

As many have already stated, our home games will be pivotal. It’s simple really, win all three and I think that may be enough. 

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

The Uche chance reminded me of one Massey had at Cambridge. 

Neither had any confidence or looked likely to notch. 

Add lack of ability to the pot and you have 2 players who shouldn’t be here next season. 

Edited by philpvfc
  • Like 2

Today was another stark example of our terrible recruitment, although as bad as we were I thought we were better than the Cobblers for the majority of the game, yet we walk away on the end of a 2-0 defeat because we’ve missed enough chances to win 2 games but conceded 2 soft goals from our own bad play.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Today was another stark example of our terrible recruitment, although as bad as we were I thought we were better than the Cobblers for the majority of the game, yet we walk away on the end of a 2-0 defeat because we’ve missed enough chances to win 2 games but conceded 2 soft goals from our own bad play.

I think we had a lot of the ball but didn't do enough with it in the final third 😬

Just now, Nippy Naylor said:

I think we had a lot of the ball but didn't do enough with it in the final third 😬

We did enough to miss plenty of opportunities to either bury the ball in the back of the net or make a simple pass to a better placed player. Chislett, Uche, Garrity, Smith should all be scoring.

• Like 6