onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shrewsbury (H) match thread - 9th March

Ripley, Garrity and Ojo are the only players anywhere near L1 standard.

Why has DM selected Grant and Massey today? Neither would get in a pub team tomorrow morning! 

Shrewsbury are the third worst team I've seen this season (behind Carlisle and us) and they won today without trying too hard at all. 

Our formation and tactics were baffling today. Against Shrewsbury, all we needed to do was play the ball into the space down the flanks, behind their full backs, and get in behind them. We did it a couple of times and they were so slow, we had 1 on 1 opportunities to score.

Unfortunately, we wasted much of the game faffing around with it at the back and letting the Shrewsbury defenders relax in the sunshine, especially during the first half.

Clearly DFs plan of getting DM in as soon as he became available (having been sacked by Huddersfield for 3 wins in 20-odd games) so he could bring Dwight Gayle with him (scuppered by Derby offering him more than we could) has fallen completely flat and not had the effect that everyone was hoping for.

I really dislike the fact that DM is the first person off down the tunnel on the final whistle. I've not got much respect for that.

I've not got any respect for the way that AC was treated. I've not got any respect for the majority of players who got AC the sack.

I've got zero respect for the person responsible for recruitment, the person who got rid of Woz, Harrison, Benning, Conlon, and brought in Grant, Massey, Loft, Sang. 

Time to plan for next season in L2. If we don't change the person in charge of recruitment, we'll be in a relegation battle again this time next year.

I have a lot of respect for Carol and Kevin for saving our great club from NS and certain oblivion. I implore the Shanahans to get rid of any charlatans within the current structure of the club, and do it quickly and decisively, so we can put the previous three abysmal transfer windows behind us and start building again for progress.

Our fan base is not big enough for us to be wasting money on pipe dreams and nonsense ideas. We need a motivational manager who can bring the right kind of "characters" into our football team to create a team that we can all be proud of.

• Like 7

Advert

12 minutes ago, DaneValiant said:

All you naysayers just have to remember who brought in Gore from Man U and Williams from Liverpool. They’re massive clubs - how did Flitcroft pull off such deals? We may not have won in 2024, but you need to take the rough with the smooth

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahhahahahaha. Okay I'll stop laughing now. If you're joking that's got me in tears- if you're serious that's still got me in tears. A massive whopping  1 appearance between them and a sh** 1 at that it's about as smooth as 20 minute drive on the m6 on a Friday evening on the way back from work.  F******, stand still. 

• Haha 1

Port Vale. The club that loves to talk the talk but never backs it up. 

All this talk of they are good players etc. Is a load of <ovf censored>. They are dreadful. Dross. 

Managers got nothing out of them. 

<ovf censored> off Flitcroft. Absolute shambles on your watch. Do the decent thing and walk tonight. 

• Like 2

Open letter to Carol and Kevin Shanahan,

We have 11 more games to go to maintain our L1 status.  If nothing changes then L2 is inevitable.  We all know the issues but now it is time to roll the final dice for any remote possibility of survival.

Charlton went out this week and hired Connor Wickham on a short-term deal, is that the answer for Charlton who knows but at least they have done something and something is better than nothing.  Why didn't Vale go in for Connor Wickham ? Why don't Vale do something instead of nothing ?

There are a number of free agents out there that could be secured on a short-term deal to give us some "options" that might "hopefully" get us over the line.  If you don't change what you do you don't change what you get !

L2 will be a financial and PR disaster for the club. But it's your investment, your money not mine.  Championship ready was the battle cry and us Valiant's bought into that expectation for what, to be let down again, be very careful what and how you communicate. 

Would you please take the next few days to sit back and really think, really think what you need to do differently NOW with 11 games to go and 33 points available.

Valiant's

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Whats your tolerance limit Paul? 

KR, I have no tolerance level when it comes to PVFC although I obviously want to see the club do as well as possible. National League or below I will always follow the Vale, Vale is in my blood, it's part of me.

I've been a Vale fan for over 62 years, unfortunately during my life I've only helped other people make the big money some of which could have been used to help the Vale.

46 minutes ago, Sir Robbie Earle said:

I agree with Joe. Having been today, this will be my last match this season even as a season ticket holder. More for my own sanity than anything else. But will be their first match next season with renewed hope. It’s what we do!

I posted before how despondent  frustrated and totally bemused as to how Fraudcroft could remain at our Club. I suffer, like all Valiants but lately it had made me ill with worry and I wanted to cut ties with my lifetime Club. However after the posts from Bede and others detailing their meeting with Carol plus DM' s rallying call, I felt I owed myself 1 last at seeking some salvage from a bitch of a season. How wrong I was to believe any of the hot air/ trollope! From the moment I saw the team sheet until the dire end of the game I was completely dejected. What an absolute pile of shyite they all are. We are a VERY poor tea. devoid of any leadership, fight, tactics or spirit. Fact. I am now seriously done. Valiants enjoy your lives. I will not be in atte da ce at Vale Park again until Fraudcroft is gone. Over to you Carol as I believe I am far from being the only disconsolate season ticket holder. 

• Like 8