onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Derby C (A) match thread - 2nd March.

1 minute ago, Vale Ball said:

There must be money available..look at the new management team, manager asst. manager and a 1st team coach thingymejig what's all that about ?

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

I think Carol buys into the ethos that a squad is only as good as the management structure. That might work in a business when you have a lot of people with similar skills but football is an entertainment industry and no amount of great management can compensate for pure talent and ability 

• Like 2

Advert

Just now, Boslem's Brazil said:

Admittedly, I’m just searching for answers. But looking at the replies, everyone wants DF out, but don’t know who will replace him? Same as everyone wanted Crosby out. Is the answer just to sack everyone? 

wouldn't do any harm... we couldn't be any worse off.

17 minutes ago, Smallthorne clampet said:

Please dont blame a 16 year old boy for this defeat .  

I’m not I’m blaming Flitcroft/the manager. Shouldn’t be playing a 16 year old who’s not ready in our current situation. He was incredibly out of his depth and unfortunately it cost us 2 goals.

Edited by Powerline

4 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Admittedly, I’m just searching for answers. But looking at the replies, everyone wants DF out, but don’t know who will replace him? Same as everyone wanted Crosby out. Is the answer just to sack everyone? 

I see you’re confused Wozza, what would you do? 

8 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Blokes scored one goal. A striker with one goal. Let that sink in. He was, is and always will be crap.

Uche is just as bad as Loft in my mind. We won’t get 5 goals between them over full season, even in league 2. A lot of fans seem to like Uche because he’s a big youth and has that “cult” player thing about him when in reality, he just isn’t very good.

Agree with the rest of your comments about the youngsters. They may have potential, but throwing them into a relegation battle won’t help their development. They’re not ready for this and it’s not fair on them to be frank. Dipepa being asked to lead the line in a 6 pointer in the week. We shouldn’t be in a position where we have to ask a kid to do that. Mental! I think the only reason Sharrock and Lomax made it into the team at Christmas was Crosby sticking 2 fingers up to Flitcroft to say I’d rather play untried 16 year olds than the bobbins you’ve provided me with.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Could work. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I think Carol buys into the ethos that a squad is only as good as the management structure. That might work in a business when you have a lot of people with similar skills but football is an entertainment industry and no amount of great management can compensate for pure talent and ability 

You aren't far off the mark. She is runnng this club like a huge corporation. It doesn't work 

2 minutes ago, cheeky said:

Uche is just as bad as Loft in my mind. We won’t get 5 goals between them over full season, even in league 2. A lot of fans seem to like Uche because he’s a big youth and has that “cult” player thing about him when in reality, he just isn’t very good.

Agree with the rest of your comments about the youngsters. They may have potential, but throwing them into a relegation battle won’t help their development. They’re not ready for this and it’s not fair on them to be frank. Dipepa being asked to lead the line in a 6 pointer in the week. We shouldn’t be in a position where we have to ask a kid to do that. Mental! I think the only reason Sharrock and Lomax made it into the team at Christmas was Crosby sticking 2 fingers up to Flitcroft to say I’d rather play untried 16 year olds than the bobbins you’ve provided me with.

Get the band back together for a Flitcroft out showing. 
Tossers hat. Rory and his hammer. DeanLeese and his guitar. Mellor pin him up against the entrance wall. 

I wonder what Pete T and Tosh would have made of this shambles. 😞

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

If Carol wants Flitcroft to stay ,give him another 

position that doesn’t include recruitment.Give Big Dave the funds to build his own squad and let him manage it.

Big Darren I assume?

Reckon he'll be here next season?

I think he ought to be, I've seem nothing so far that's made me think we're proper lucky to have him.  

No bounce and I actually think we're worse now.

His contract will also have more clauses than lapland I bet.

• Like 1