onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (H) match thread - 27th Feb

robf

2 hours ago, sheffield61 said:

ONLY the Vale can F K a highly likely Potteries league derby next season by going down THIS season!!....😭

There IS one chink of light however.....😁

Charlton are at Derby Tuesday night.....

IF the Vale can SOMEHOW bear Fleetwood the same night we could well BE out of the drop zone with TWO games in hand.......

IF and SOMEHOW....👍🤣👀👀

Is this Charlton who are showing real fight by drawing with Bolton and Portsmouth in their last two supposed defeats ? 

We can dream mate. 

Advert

1 minute ago, JoeB2 said:

Cheltenham will be fine. They’re just a decent side these days.

Charlton have a much easier run of fixtures with an objectively decent manager. Their forward line alone features May, Ladapo, and Aneke - with Leaburn back before the end of the season. 

Shrews need 12 points from 12 games and have just beaten Reading away - a cracking result.

We have to go from 3 wins in 26 to 6 wins in 15. It isn’t happening. We haven’t scored a goal that wasn’t a penalty or a OG for 8 games. Moore has to reverse 13 months of us being atrocious with no training ground time. It’s akin to putting the sinking Titanic in reverse. 

Make your peace that we’re down. I got very angry at full-time yesterday as, again, I’d allowed myself to get whipped up into believing we’d turn it around. The players needed to understand that we expect more fight, as a bare minimum. 

There’s no point. Carol is putting her fingers in her ears and listening to the new kit man’s wife over us. It is League 2 next season, with Stoke, Crewe, Burton, Derby in League 1. Revenue drop of a million a year before we consider the derbys. 

It’s time for me to start softly disengaging till the start of next season. I’ll still go, and get my ST as usual, but I’m that gutted by it all that it’s genuinely not good for me to get emotionally involved. 31 defeats in 54 take its toll. 

I think that very, very sadly you speak for many diehards.

• Like 3

Well it’s a Tuesday night match! First league win for two years? I don’t think so! For sometime I have thought we lack steel in the side we are very very mentally weak. We seem resigned to league two. So so disappointing! 

• Like 3

Fancy getting a manager in and stating publicly that he needs 3 games to see how it's going. That's ended in 3 defeats.

Should we all write a letter to Carol asking why she didn't tell us this and then we'd have all saved our time and money and not bothered?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Fancy getting a manager in and stating publicly that he needs 3 games to see how it's going. That's ended in 3 defeats.

Should we all write a letter to Carol asking why she didn't tell us this and then we'd have all saved our time and money and not bothered?

Mate an utterly bizarre quote. Some clubs do get a boost and manager bounce. Look at Millwall yesterday winning at Southampton. 

It's almost like Carol accepted no points. But those 270 plus minutes are going to be vital for the remaining games.

A truly bizarre outlook and I'm sorry to say this that strikes me as someone who hasn't got the first clue about football. 

You can't have 3 written off games in a relegation battle. And I'm of no doubt Moore knows the squad. He'd of watched games, spoke with people in the game. 

It's a staggering statement to make. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

I’ll still go, and get my ST as usual

Many won't. Long suffering stalwarts. 

Is there anyone still at the club who hasn't been replaced with a yes man who can snap her out of her hypnosis?

The coaches wife says we'll be ok. Flickers. 3 wins in 5 months, averaging 2.5 points a MONTH if we lose Tuesday. Among the lowest goal scorers in the football pyramid. I dread to think what the results would be if I started posting form tables going back to Jan 23 inclusive.

It is incomprehensible to me how blinded she has become. 

• Like 6

After the fight shown yesterday and the passion of the players. The inspiration speech from carol galvanising us fans all i can see if another 4:0 win for the mighty valiants. I know i keep saying this but charlie adam and fleetwood will be petrified about coming to vale park on Tuesday watching the highlights from yesterday. I actually think theyve put in a application to the efl to just hand us the 3 points as they know there is no point turning up as they know they will get steamrolled.

• Haha 2

May aswell trial something and put it all over social media

You pay what you believe is the current what you can afford and believe the players deserve in getting in minimum 5 pounds .

I'd do that personally for every game .

People should pay what they want to pay 

See great football one game you'd pay more 

See drivel like we see 4000 paying 5 quid .

Thats the only way you get folk in the ground in this position 

I know some people don't like the xg expected goals stats but vale havent had an xg above 1 since the 3 3 draw against Charlton. So we arnt even creating many chances to even give us a chance to score a goal. 

Fleetwood would probably be normally be happy with a draw at vale park, but with the position there in they have to come to try and win the game as a draw is no good to them. 

Crowd will be very low probably looking at 3500, Fleetwood will only bring about 70 but no doubt they will score an early goal and spend the rest of the game time wasting and faking injury. 

In the away game recently we lost there 3 nil and if it hadn't been for Ripley we could have lost 6 nil. That was Charlie Adams first win as manager for them and they have improved slightly but I can't see them staying up. 

I'd say carlise, Fleetwood and vale are as good as down then there's about 6 or 7 clubs who could get that 4th bottom spot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warren said:

If we cut out the errors and get our best players on the ball in the right areas (Chislett trying to dribble into their box not out of ours!) we can win and regain confidence. 

Love your optimism but in reality that ain’t going to happen 3 wins in 25 we’re feckin <ovf censored> 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DazFred said:

Pretty standard for a manager to privately say he'll be in a better position to work out the squad of players he is working with after a few games. Daft to think he'd had them figured out from watching old games on video or having a look in training.

But it's just Carol making retrospective targets again to justify failure. It doesn't matter in this instance, but it is the director of football achieving all of his retrospective targets that is the problem.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Pretty standard for a manager to privately say he'll be in a better position to work out the squad of players he is working with after a few games. Daft to think he'd had them figured out from watching old games on video or having a look in training.

But it's just Carol making retrospective targets again to justify failure. It doesn't matter in this instance, but it is the director of football achieving all of his retrospective targets that is the problem.

Didn't DM say give me 3 games, everyone will start from scratch or similar words? How many games did it take DC?