onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, Old School said:

Much as I agree with others suggesting flitcroft, as the dismal shower we call a squad is entirely down to him, the nailed on result of that would be relegation. The trouble is I cannot see any decent prospective manager coming in under a dof like flitcroft, who will use you as a fall guy to save his own skin. It's not looking good. 

There is definitely that to consider. 

You've got to be willing to have him dictating to you.

I can only see either someone wanting to step up into league football for the first time or someone out of work and desperado.

He did get DC from another club, but I don't think he's got the clean slate he had then.

Advert

Rudgies DoF was Billy Bell and maybe the tea lady. 

It is tough with Flitcroft still around.  Once gone?

If a new manager comes in Flitcroft must go, on results or lack of re permanent signings of value alone. (Youth team is not his)

Do we get a new Dof in and then a manager, or do we just get a manager no DoF?

7 games this month, cannot afford to mess about, hopefully the players show they are committed. 

All I can say is we need to support the players, it is up to them now.  Always is really a manager can only manage, they have to show a lot more.

42 minutes ago, philmpv said:

How long we giving the next one before the vicious circle starts again? 3 months?

It will take 3 months to appoint a new manager.  This is the Vale DoF show after all.

Can only actually see them going the cheap route and someone from within for the rest of the season.

I am hoping that DoF has already been looking for a new manager, AC always looked like he was going to get the sack/ or resign with all the games Vale were losing.  Other clubs appoint a new manager within a week.  

Pete Wild is the only person who would excite me & I think we've got next to no chance of getting him.

Ainsworth ain't coming here folks, absolutely no chance. He also doesn't play tippy tappy football. He plays the kind of football we should be playing to stand a decent chance at League 1 level. Up & at them, balls into the box, physical & in your face. Unfortunately our DOF has us wedded to a style & system that only works for those teams who have money to spend on genuine quality players.

Rip it up & start again.

1 minute ago, Diego Maradona said:

Why a bad feeling?

Ainsworth needed a long time to get his methods working at Wycombe. They are… quite particular. It took years to assemble a squad capable of delivering results under such an extreme approach.

It was a car crash at QPR - a car crash we simply cannot risk.

Whoever the new manager is will get my support .

What can we afford ?

Who would want come to a club who are on a downward spiral and somehow get it on a upwards curve?

Who regards money as everything ? Its not it's nothing when your 6 feet under .

Who wants work with these players one of them has seen of 10 odd in his career so far ?

Who can get the fans UP with passionate players who want play for the Vale and show it in the way they perform. 

Can the new man motivate and get the best out of players who couldn't do it for Crosby but might do it  in a different position for new man .

Me personally I'd like someone with a edge 

Someone who hates losing .

Someone who can make matchday always a event to look forwards too .

Who well that's not for me decide that's for Carol decide .

Ainsworth needed a long time to get his methods working at Wycombe. They are… quite particular. It took years to assemble a squad capable of delivering results under such an extreme approach.
It was a car crash at QPR - a car crash we simply cannot risk.
A manager who was given time to work towards an agreed approach from scratch? Blimey

Archived