onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - 20th Feb

geoff1

Advert

5 minutes ago, Valiant in Brum said:

This squad would struggle in the national league. Was hoping the last time the club would see League 2.

I'm looking forward to it. We don't belong at this level until we have someone who can properly invest in the club. I mean on the pitch where it really matters.

Sometimes you have to take one step back before you can start moving forward again so just accept that we're going back to where we currently belong and look forward to an entire new rebuild throughout the club, hopefully.

Just now, nodge said:

Much as I don't rate Grant, Yak would have been the same, he has zero pace.

There was this lad we had called Benning that could have played there, please someone tell me that Grant has been an upgrade in any game this season

Was clearly a gamble. Only had to read Schumacher comments when he freed him. 

We've taken far too many of Grants type. Perennially crocked has beens. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Dont know what your on about. Appointing a manager as DOF and her son as CEO in place of a well respected and very good man were strokes of complete genius. 

This is honestly the one/two things that really irritate me. No way should DF be the DOF (he isn’t experienced enough and Carol literally said that DF wasn’t sure he wanted to get back into football, ffs!). Colin Garlick should never have been sacked and replaced with a lad in his 20s. 

Edited by davehartshill
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I agree. I wish we had an owner who’d put some money in like Daii Yoonge. I don’t know what Reading fans were moaning about. That squad of theirs is chock full of players who earn much more than ours and they were still paying Andy Carroll 15k a week until about October. 

Of course they are not moaning now…spent tonight jeering our fans when they were up 2-0. 

Bunch of entitled <ovf censored>. Hope they go down next season.

• Like 2

It's getting really depressing now. We can't even grind out draws. We're getting well beaten every single game & the matches are coming thick & fast. February was always going to be make or break & unfortunately, we're broken.

Plan for League 2 now, there's not a chance this lot stop up. Poor at the back, non existent up top, lack of anything on the bench. Even Garrity won't save us.

That 3 nil v Blackpool will be our last win of the season. We look absolutely shot. All that hard work, all that emotion & passion to get ourselves promoted. All down the toilet. It reeks.

Only tiny bit of light right now is that I'd like to think Darren Moore would have us hard to beat in League 2. Is anyone else concerned that they've not announced his backroom team yet... seems to be dragging out massively. Could the whole thing collapse? We're the one club I wouldn't put that past.

Edited by ValeForever.
  • Like 4

Carol is the only one to blame all the good work of getting promoted and all the optimism has gone she’s no different from the rest of the owners ( apaart from smurfwait) and won’t spend on the main thing the players  had  two season tickets for me and the wife for the last 5 years but feck it won’t be having 2 for next season totally fecking pissed off tonight 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Watching the pathetic home performances we have 'smelt' like a relegation side for ages.

It's like a golfer missing a 4 foot putt then trying it again and again and getting the same result and refusing to accept he is wrong.

But he won’t buy a putter. He claims his driver can hit way further than he expected and so his set of clubs are fine. No investment needed

• Like 2

Just now, melv said:

I wonder if he has some sort of clause in his contract allowing him to leave?

It's not even a contract really is it?  

5 1/2 years is a smokescreen.

Do you think if we have to sack him we have to pay up the whole of the 5 1/2 years? no

Do you think if another club would come in for him then they would have to pay up the whole of his 5 1/2 contract? no

Its pointless calling it a 5 1/2 contract when it's basically not.

• Like 1